Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Master
I feel a spirit and things go wonky...

I am only just coming to accept that part of my gift includes the ability to communicate with those who have passed. The problem is that I keep running into issues with things malfunctioning around me when I sense an spirit present and I don't know what I am supposed to do. The other day while I was out shopping with my son we were waiting in the check out line when I felt a presence. Interestingly enough I felt the presence was connected to one of the checkers and that checker's station started having issues. We ended up getting rung up by the other checker because the one was still trying to resolve the issues with his check stand when we got up to the front of the line.

After that when I was loading our purchases into my trunk a car alarm near us started going off. Then when we had to return the cart the wheel locked up (one of those annoying magnetized locks that they don't even have the strips for anymore) and my son and I actually had to carry the cart back to the cart return. Then when I got home we were having issues with the tv where the volume kept going up all on its own.

So all in all lots of fun with that one.

Had a little bit of an issue again this morning when I started channeling spirits during my meditation.

So now I am wondering, is this normal? Will this continue happening around me when I sense and interact with spirits?

Also, what do you think about starting a thread called "Loved Ones Lost and Found"? A place for us to post the information we get from spirits in the hopes to help them reach out to their loved ones?

I only worry if I were to do that, what if the person didn't want a message from the person who had crossed over?

Also there is a whole mess of criticism that comes to people who reach out with this sort of ability (Not looking forward to it but kind of expecting it).

I am still trying to figure out what I am meant to do with this.

Hoping to God I am not insane. Lord knows it is hard not to feel like I am at times. Although finding someone who is connected to the information you are receiving is kind of reassuring.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Ascender
Hey welcome
i see and sense spirits all the time so you are not alone.
Funny thing for me i sense spirits like goose bumps on my body and sometimes they are strong takes me by susprise still now.
Ive been able to do this for 9 months now.
You might get family members who have passed away that are with all along.
There are many kind folk on here that can offer advice.
Also there are spiritualist churchers you can go to to develop your gift if you wish to do so.
Its a great gift to have and quite a ride so enjoy
Old 12-04-2014, 03:21 AM
Master
Thank you.

I have always been able to sense energy and have always welcomed the spirits of family and friends. I actually sense their energy much stronger when they have passed away. Other than that I never really opened myself up to other spirit energies unless I had just moved into a new space. Then I would open up just enough to sense what ever was in the space.

The thing is I never invited it before unless they were familiar energies and now I am inviting it. But not only that, I am trying to leave myself open enough to receive messages. Only through my Spirit Guides though as I am still very untrusting and tend to be overly cautious in pretty much every situation.

Just hadn't anticipated opening myself up would lead to things malfunctioning quite so much.

Could really use a teacher.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I am only just coming to accept that part of my gift includes the ability to communicate with those who have passed. The problem is that I keep running into issues with things malfunctioning around me when I sense an spirit present and I don't know what I am supposed to do. The other day while I was out shopping with my son we were waiting in the check out line when I felt a presence. Interestingly enough I felt the presence was connected to one of the checkers and that checker's station started having issues. We ended up getting rung up by the other checker because the one was still trying to resolve the issues with his check stand when we got up to the front of the line.

Two things that might really help out. One is grounding at least two times a day. I ground when I wake first thing and when I go to bed. In doing this I am making sure that the subconscious part of me is connected to the Earth plane. Its second nature now I just do it without thoughts on it. I have found it really helps balance the energies.

The other thing is using simple protection methods one is the Bubble Method this really helps keep some of the energies off you in a more direct way. One is open to receive energy and spirits know this and use this to try and communicate. Its not always the best laid plans though as we do need things to function for us in our day to day lives.

I tend at times to have street lights go off when out for a walk at night, not a good thing so when this happens I ground a bit more, and I ask that I am protected and that the energies around me know well thier place. We contol the contact not them we control whom we are and we can claim back that space.

After that when I was loading our purchases into my trunk a car alarm near us started going off. Then when we had to return the cart the wheel locked up (one of those annoying magnetized locks that they don't even have the strips for anymore) and my son and I actually had to carry the cart back to the cart return. Then when I got home we were having issues with the tv where the volume kept going up all on its own.

Here you can use the Bubble Method to put it around items and your home. What one does is add bubbles on bubbles and this works quite well. It again is like grounding the energy in yourself but your doing it on items.
So all in all lots of fun with that one.

Had a little bit of an issue again this morning when I started channeling spirits during my meditation.

Things like meditations, taking a bath, reading in a quiet place all tell spirits that your alone that your open to have contact. If one does not claim one's space in this situation then one is preceied as being there for them to contact. The bathroom is the number one place of contact with spirits as its a place we are truly alone.

So now I am wondering, is this normal? Will this continue happening around me when I sense and interact with spirits?

Its normal for whom one is yes, and it can be managed and one can find peace with it all. Claim your space ask for you Guides and the Divine White Light to come around you and bounce some of this back from you. Try maybe using some crystals that hold that energy for protections. There are quite a few for this use.

Also, what do you think about starting a thread called "Loved Ones Lost and Found"? A place for us to post the information we get from spirits in the hopes to help them reach out to their loved ones?

That at times opens doors that we find hard tool close. I have from time to time posted information I have come in and have made a connection with the right person. I feel that if someone is open to want a message from spirit they find someone for that. I have many times a spirit come to me lets say in the mall and want me to go up to their Loved one and say HI but I have to know that its not the time and place. What I do in this situation is I simply project out to the living person that they can approach me if they feel that calling. Many times they will walk up to me and go I have no idea why I need to talk to you but I am told I do....so I gently explain whom and what I do and if then they are open I pass along a message. Its a very private thing at times messages.

I do platform mediumship work and when I was with a larger group that did this work I was told you say it right out there and then, no holding back, I never liked that way. Being empathic I can feel how it will be received at times and I do say see me in private.

I only worry if I were to do that, what if the person didn't want a message from the person who had crossed over?

Here is the place of learning to feel out the person that will get the message. Its a huge place of respects that one works in. Feel the gut feelings and how you would feel getting a message. I have had cases where I get a message and OMG its not nice but I have to find a way to say it as it does serve the persons highest good to get it.

Also there is a whole mess of criticism that comes to people who reach out with this sort of ability (Not looking forward to it but kind of expecting it).

I am still trying to figure out what I am meant to do with this.

Hoping to God I am not insane. Lord knows it is hard not to feel like I am at times. Although finding someone who is connected to the information you are receiving is kind of reassuring.

It a double edge sword we carry, we have to have that self confidence in whom and what we are to take the good with the not good in reactions. I know this all too well from platform work where I will have doubters and hecklers in the audiance. I am not there to change their minds or prove anything, and I welcome them being there.

The best is when you can pass along a message and have them go OK she is the real deal. I had this happen recently he so called me out, I passed on a very personal message only the spirit and he would know about and he later thought about it and realized I was the real deal. Yet during the session he said nothing, we ran into each other in a parking lot. He yelled out there she is OMG she was so right with the message....so I went over and talked to him, he thought I would be angry with his actions towards me.

We can not hold a place of judements in us and stay sane in doing this work. Trust me I know well that its not insanity but at times yes it can and does feel like that. I know at 18 I had a full test done as I needed to know I was not insane.

I now joke I walk with one foot in the rubber room and one foot out of the rubber room as "I see dead people" as clear as I do the living and its normal for me but insane to most around me. Having a sense of humor helps one cope at times.

Your going to be OK. PM me if you like and I can explain more grounding and stones ext.

Lynn
Old 13-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Ascender
You can personal message me if you like we can share our experiences with spirits so far if you want to :) .
Old 14-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Two things that might really help out. One is grounding at least two times a day. I ground when I wake first thing and when I go to bed. In doing this I am making sure that the subconscious part of me is connected to the Earth plane. Its second nature now I just do it without thoughts on it. I have found it really helps balance the energies.

I love this suggestion. I have actually been meditating twice a day. Also because the concept of saging is new to me I will usually sage before I meditate asking the divine light to clear the space of any bad and negative energies, to give me guidance as I develop and help me be open and receptive to guidance from the divine as well as my spirit guides.

The other thing is using simple protection methods one is the Bubble Method this really helps keep some of the energies off you in a more direct way. One is open to receive energy and spirits know this and use this to try and communicate. Its not always the best laid plans though as we do need things to function for us in our day to day lives.

Love it. I use this a lot. Maybe too much. But it is so simple and I kind of love the little bit of reassurance that comes with putting a little bubble wall up. Usually around myself and my family, our home, schools, place of work and vehicles.

I tend at times to have street lights go off when out for a walk at night, not a good thing so when this happens I ground a bit more, and I ask that I am protected and that the energies around me know well thier place. We contol the contact not them we control whom we are and we can claim back that space.

Now this is one I haven't been using. Definitely going to have to try it.

Here you can use the Bubble Method to put it around items and your home. What one does is add bubbles on bubbles and this works quite well. It again is like grounding the energy in yourself but your doing it on items.

Liking this suggestion as well. Definitely worth a shot. The malfunctioning television has become a new regularity here in the past couple of days. If it isn't the TV it is the box that streams all our programing.

Things like meditations, taking a bath, reading in a quiet place all tell spirits that your alone that your open to have contact. If one does not claim one's space in this situation then one is preceied as being there for them to contact. The bathroom is the number one place of contact with spirits as its a place we are truly alone.

I can honestly say I believe this whole heartedly. Also explains why I and my children have so many issues with the bathroom light. If you ask my husband it works just fine but not so much for the people it either doesn't turn on for or suddenly turns off on (particularly freaky in the middle of the night). Also the reason I started saging in the first place. I figured it may not get rid of the spirit but at least I will know then that it is not a bad energy.

Its normal for whom one is yes, and it can be managed and one can find peace with it all. Claim your space ask for you Guides and the Divine White Light to come around you and bounce some of this back from you. Try maybe using some crystals that hold that energy for protections. There are quite a few for this use.

It is funny you mention that. One of my guides had advised green agate. Really not familiar with what all of these things are supposed to do but I did listen and ordered some beads to make a bracelet out of. In the mean time I think one of my kids actually has one of these stones in a bunch of polished rocks they have. So I am keeping it in my pocket. Contemplating making a pendant out of it.

That at times opens doors that we find hard tool close. I have from time to time posted information I have come in and have made a connection with the right person. I feel that if someone is open to want a message from spirit they find someone for that. I have many times a spirit come to me lets say in the mall and want me to go up to their Loved one and say HI but I have to know that its not the time and place. What I do in this situation is I simply project out to the living person that they can approach me if they feel that calling. Many times they will walk up to me and go I have no idea why I need to talk to you but I am told I do....so I gently explain whom and what I do and if then they are open I pass along a message. Its a very private thing at times messages.

I do platform mediumship work and when I was with a larger group that did this work I was told you say it right out there and then, no holding back, I never liked that way. Being empathic I can feel how it will be received at times and I do say see me in private.

I really love what you do and appreciate you taking the time to help me along the way.

Here is the place of learning to feel out the person that will get the message. Its a huge place of respects that one works in. Feel the gut feelings and how you would feel getting a message. I have had cases where I get a message and OMG its not nice but I have to find a way to say it as it does serve the persons highest good to get it.

It a double edge sword we carry, we have to have that self confidence in whom and what we are to take the good with the not good in reactions. I know this all too well from platform work where I will have doubters and hecklers in the audiance. I am not there to change their minds or prove anything, and I welcome them being there.

The best is when you can pass along a message and have them go OK she is the real deal. I had this happen recently he so called me out, I passed on a very personal message only the spirit and he would know about and he later thought about it and realized I was the real deal. Yet during the session he said nothing, we ran into each other in a parking lot. He yelled out there she is OMG she was so right with the message....so I went over and talked to him, he thought I would be angry with his actions towards me.

We can not hold a place of judements in us and stay sane in doing this work. Trust me I know well that its not insanity but at times yes it can and does feel like that. I know at 18 I had a full test done as I needed to know I was not insane.

I now joke I walk with one foot in the rubber room and one foot out of the rubber room as "I see dead people" as clear as I do the living and its normal for me but insane to most around me. Having a sense of humor helps one cope at times.

Your going to be OK. PM me if you like and I can explain more grounding and stones ext.

Lynn

I really hope I get to a point where I am comfortable and confident enough to be able to do some good with this. For now my husband is just enjoying being able to poke fun every time something malfunctions around me. Demanding that I apologize to some spirit I may have angered. One time he actually grabbed my sage, lit it and started fanning it at me. I suppose that is better than when he was just treating me like I was nuts.
Old 15-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Master
Had to improvise since I don't have the proper supplies for wire bending jewelry. But here is the pendant.

Old 15-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Great thread with lots of good information,Lynn.

What stone is that,2? (it's nice btw). Do you think stones work exceptionally well? I like the idea of them,but I feel like they worked against me this one time I used them. I put a few Carnelian Stones(orange) in my pocket during a presentation meeting at work and it was one of the worst days of my life,Lol. I ended up leaving the job because of so much negativity. So Ive been scared of using crystals since,but I hear so many wonderful things about them.

I had a large amethyst at my former office too. I like those a lot actually. My mom always bought those in jewelry.Good memories.
Old 15-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Master
It is a Green Moss Agate. It is my first time using a stone. Up until recently I hadn't encountered anything I couldn't handle just by focusing my own energy. Will see how this works. Everyone's experience is different with these things.