Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
How Responsible Was I For This Outcome?

I stated in another thread that my twin flame had recently married a (toxic) person.

The thing is, is that I feared that he would - a lot. I would have faith in him not doing so, but then that faith would falter when I would hear about whatever inane and unhealthy stuff she had him doing.

Things were actually relatively good for us - even with her in his life - as he kept her at bay and had broken up with her for a time. But, somewhere along the way, things changed and had gone awry.

I cannot help but think that part of that is because of me - maybe even a large part of it. I felt so much had been put upon me and I couldn't always handle the load. I'd even had guides tell me, it was 'largely dependent' on me and had them warn me (repeatedly) to 'get it together.'

Last December, I fell into a deep depression. I usually crawl out of these seasonal depressions once spring hits but this time, I never did. So then, the fears got worse, the worries, the doubts and all the anxiety. I wasn't even enjoying meditation because I was often seeing disturbing, unnerving things much of the time (which was unusual for me). So, I'd lapsed in meditating and in other aspects of my spiritual practice too (including positive creative visualization).

I also feel that, to mirror my downward spiral, my twin started to 'lose it' in his own right: too much alcohol, probable drug use, keeping company with 'her people' who are shady, sychophant sorts, caring less about his career (which was once so important to him) as well as his appearance, etc., etc. He stopped evading her and started giving in to her more and more. He had become dispassionate and 'removed' somehow.

I once was told by a dream guide in regards to my twin flame: "You mustn't forget him. You must never forget him. You are his teacher. He needs your help. Once he gets the hang of things, they will become second nature to him."

So, again with all that responsibilty having been placed upon me when I already have A LOT of responsibility (in my day-to-day life) and struggle with depression and anxiety (which then mkakes it hard to fulfill said responsibilities). I know we are believed to 'volunteer' for these unions before we incarnate, but what if we are profoundly flawed to begin with? I fathom it makes the road that much harder to contend with. I did not have the best conditioning while growing up (my father was a very negative person who verbally and emotionally abused me, while my mother drank in order to cope with him). For instance, I still cannot seem to fully love myself. I am striving to each and every day of my life, but often I regress into my old self-destructive, negative ways. I guess I was not ready to handle my responsibility to my twin - all things considered.

Thus, I guess I'm blaming myself now because of that and for thinking and feeling my fears into a reality. Frankly, I've become an expert at that. If I want something and it's good - it often does not happen unless it is something smaller, more frivolous, and that I am not so emotionally bent on having. In contrast, I can manifest bad things in as little as a day - or two (not that I'm bragging on that front. Hardly! Heh.).

His marrying her was my greatest fear for a long time and it's happened (but I guess the up-side to that, is that because it's happened, I don't have to worry about it happening anymore.). But, it got to the point where I started to feel indifferent to him and what he did due to how he seems to have changed - and not to my liking. I'll admit I've downright been repulsed by him when I once felt nothing of the sort. Or, maybe my twin was always like this and his now-wife just brought it to the surface. In that instance, I guess I really 'dodged a bullet.' Do I really believe that though? No, uh-uh, I don't. But he definitely seems to have changed - even down to the look in his eyes. The spark in them is gone and it has been for a while.

And I don't want to feel guilty about this, because that's not going to help me succeed in my quest toward self-love, now is it?
Old 18-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I'll admit I've downright been repulsed by him

You know what is funny? I am repulsed by the one I had moments of wondering if it was my tf (i had those moments of wondering cause of things that happened to me around it. and the repulsion is due to his taste in women. ha it makes me find him repugnant. ha

i'm not trying to make light of your post. manifesting. easy peasy. stop repeating those sad stories from your past. you are gonna create more sadness. just relax and focus on other things. relax and make them disappear without making drama out of it. we forget the form is illusion and we are creating it. the essence is real.
Old 18-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar

I cannot help but think that part of that is because of me - maybe even a large part of it. I'd even had guides tell me, it was 'largely dependent' on me and had them warn me (repeatedly) to 'get it together.'

I also feel that, to mirror my downward spiral, my twin started to 'lose it' in his own right:

I once was told by a dream guide in regards to my twin flame: "You mustn't forget him. You must never forget him. You are his teacher. He needs your help. Once he gets the hang of things, they will become second nature to him."

Thus, I guess I'm blaming myself now ...

His marrying her was my greatest fear for a long time and it's happened ...

And I don't want to feel guilty about this, because that's not going to help me succeed in my quest toward self-love, now is it?

That's heavy.

You seek advice, but the best advice you'll ever get will come from your heart. No one knows what is best for you better than you do IF and WHEN you're honest with yourself.

You are not responsible for him. You never were. I'm not big on this whole twin flame thing, but you clearly are and what's more - you seem to identify him as part of yourself. That isn't appropriate. On top of this, I don't see that you've accepted the loss of your relationship with him. Grief is appropriate and I wonder if you think that might be worth looking at... You've lost someone you felt connected to and now that connection has not only been severed - he's connected (married) to another person.

This isn't about what you're responsible for. This is about accepting loss and moving through it with grace and humility and self-care - out to the other side - where freedom from the heaviness of all of it - all of this - exists.

Self-love isn't something we find or discover. It's something we open to in the same way a flower opens to the sun.
Old 18-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Knower
How much are you responsible for another person's choices? Zero.

If this is a Twin Flame union in the making, then sometimes you both need to work on yourselves, and you have other bloodlines you are healing.

I recently got two messages from spirit:

1. Heaps of information that I will be married to my Twin in the future. Good 2-10 years later.

2. I am needed spiritually now with my wife, to heal the wounds of her family, and possibly have children.

So it's been confusing this year with awakening and trying to understand my place in all this.

The reason for my example is this, You both have spiritual journeys, it could be that you currently are weaving away from each other for spiritual reasons and will come back.

As much as we crave union, A normal 3D union isn't necessarily the spiritual point of our lives.
Old 18-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxane9
You know what is funny? I am repulsed by the one I had moments of wondering if it was my tf (i had those moments of wondering cause of things that happened to me around it. and the repulsion is due to his taste in women. ha it makes me find him repugnant. ha
I used to feel like this, because my TF has not really a good taste in women (only mentally-personality i mean) because i always thought he has a negative view of women and probably see them all the time as bossy, manipulative, hence his choice for these "damsels in distress" most often and not feeling worthy of someone else that is not abusive. We all had our "eww TF" moments in life .
SierraNevadaStar, i realized too my worst fear by thinking about it (it's a different situation by the way) and i used to think i just make real my fears, probably because i was in a very negative state instead of a positive one.
You shouldnt be responsible for his running and the situation, i felt too like this and i blamed a lot myself, only themselves are the issue not you and had the "free will" to do so (despite isn't really the best choice unfortunately, free will isn't always positive). Only himself can save and not anyone nor you, i said to my TF you cannot save a person but for him wasn't like this, because he thought he should save that person he was/is with, when in reality no one can and in this case it's just an excuse for abuse him and put him in the illusion of responsibilty towards someone else, instead of thinking about saving himself. I was like this in the past, now i realized i cannot be a nurse or a saviour, all i can do is rescue myself.
Don't feel bad and try to take steps to detach from these negative feelings .
Old 19-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Guide

You had nothing to do with his choice to marry....unless you have some kind of mind control over him. Life is one long, continuous journey...the book hasn’t ended yet. There are many more chapters to be written.

I see all this self blame and worry....as an extension of your ongoing depression. I haven’t read all your posts, but it might be worth seeing a good doctor, and being treated for this depression and anxiety. Atleast, it will help you cope, and hopefully help you to have a more balanced view, mentally, and be stronger emotionally.