Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator
The scent of flowers

I wondered -has anyone ever received the scent of flowers from a deceased loved one, when they "visit"?
And if so, is there any special significance or spiritual symbolism about this phenomenon? Or is it just a lovely gift? Something they think you will like?

It has happened to me a couple of times recently.
Old 27-05-2013, 08:54 PM
It is all good

Hi Tobi,

Me too but I don't know what it means or from whom it could possibly be. It is the strong scent of roses. My Mom adores roses but she is, thankfully, still with us. I often wonder if it's my Dad. I know it is in my nose and not my mind because it isn't just a faint whiff, it's as if I had stuck my face full into a rose bush. Now isn't that a funny picture? LOL
Old 27-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
I do. I think it is my grandma. I smell carnations(her fav and mine) or some other floral (not sure )
There is a old perfume with a rose scent. Just think back to when you were little and staying over with grandma.

I used to watch mine get ready.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
I have a small story to share. After my grandma dies. I received her birthstone necklace. I wore it all the time. One day I changed my necklace. I woke up the next morning the necklace wasn't on me. It never broke the clasp was fine(I tested it) I put it back on. Smae thing happened.
I got the feeling that my grandma wanted me to only wear hers. lol. So I said out loud ok ok I will only wear yours.
Old 27-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is all good
Hi Tobi,

Me too but I don't know what it means or from whom it could possibly be. It is the strong scent of roses. My Mom adores roses but she is, thankfully, still with us. I often wonder if it's my Dad. I know it is in my nose and not my mind because it isn't just a faint whiff, it's as if I had stuck my face full into a rose bush. Now isn't that a funny picture? LOL

Oh lol!! haha! Yes maybe it's your Dad giving her and you a gift, especially as your Mom loves roses!
Exactly what happened to me on both occasions...the scent was incredibly strong and unmistakable. First time out on the hill beyond my house...cold weather, in March, no flowers around, no houses, no people, and it wasn't my deodorant (!) A powerful scent of Jasmine. like I'd stuck my face in a Jasmine bush in July! It lasted a good 5 minutes too.
And then the other night, in a room freshly painted and with the wood floor freshly varnished (all I could smell was paint and varnish) And then suddenly the smell of some flowers I couldn't identify came through so strongly.
Old 27-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
I do. I think it is my grandma. I smell carnations(her fav and mine) or some other floral (not sure )
There is a old perfume with a rose scent. Just think back to when you were little and staying over with grandma.

I used to watch mine get ready.

I quite like those old fashioned "granny" perfumes....lavender (one of my favourites) rose, carnation, gardenia, violet....
Old 27-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
I have a small story to share. After my grandma dies. I received her birthstone necklace. I wore it all the time. One day I changed my necklace. I woke up the next morning the necklace wasn't on me. It never broke the clasp was fine(I tested it) I put it back on. Smae thing happened.
I got the feeling that my grandma wanted me to only wear hers. lol. So I said out loud ok ok I will only wear yours.

Interesting. How strange. Seems like she definitely wanted you to wear that necklace!
Old 27-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Master
I have had that. I don't know who it was. It was in the morning just about the time I wake up. I was awakened by the most delicious smell of fresh cut flowers. Roses and other flowers. Very strong. I felt so warm and loved when I woke up. No where in my house do I have that scent, not even fabric softener. The scent was right next to my head. Things got kind of chaotic here, so I had a hard meditating and couldn't find out. Sometimes they tell me , sometimes they don't.
Old 28-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Master
I should have put down that I also have the scent of strong coffee and cigarettes at times. The last time I had the coffee scent was late afternoon, long after morning coffee. I was sitting at the computer. The last cigarette encounter was a couple of weeks ago in my living room. I would smell it - very strong. I leave the room, don't smell it. Go back and sit different location - there it is again. Then, it's gone. No one in my home smokes and the previous owners didn't smoke either. We've been here 15 years next month.

My Dad visits from time to time - he smoked, my grandparents smoked. So who knows.
Old 28-05-2013, 02:12 PM
They are so cute ... our loved ones that visit.
They just come up with a scent they think we will identify with them.

My best buddy, my Uncle, mischeivious, Gemini devil, like me,
always comes outta nowhere (here in almost desert) with the smell of the beach...
our favorite fun place.

They are just so darn sweet.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru