Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-04-2013, 03:02 AM
spiritseeker123

Some thoughts on the big "D"

ONE: The fear of death is worse than death itself and negates the common saying: "Being dead is not the problem, it's the dying."

TWO: In 'clear sight' our world and the world beyond (afterlife) are ONE.

THREE: To live in hearts we leave behind is NOT to die." (Mother Theresa)

FOUR: We depart from life as from an inn, and not as from our home.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:53 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritseeker123
TWO: In 'clear sight' our world and the world beyond (afterlife) are ONE.
I'll tackle this one... :^)

Actually they are different, though there is a distinct and subtle overlap...

I see our current physical existence is a "specific definition". It's "designed" in such a way as to fully engage our attention. We become riveted on this experience as a singularity, while here, and then release this focus upon passing. So "while here" our experience is quite separate and unique... To say they're "One" is to confuse the distinctions. This tempts the mind to think that the definitions that we settle on "here" are perhaps fully relevant "over there" as well. While our sense-of-being is intimately relevant and vibrant in both, there are contrasts between the way we view and experience ourselves while being "here" as apposed to being "there". :^)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:23 AM
spiritseeker123

Interesting To Say The Least!

Thanks, StephenK. (Master). I will give you the deference you deserve on that one!
Honestly, I can tell you that what you said is deeper than anything I've ever read on the subject. In fact, I'm gonna have to read it over a few times meditatively to get it to sink in. How long have you been studying, and what books would you recommend?
Have you read any books on the psychology of death, for example Kubler-Ross' (sp?) "On Death and Dying."? And, do you believe in reincarnation?
I have been intensely interested in death since my mother passed May 7, 2011. I was with her during her last hours and watched her take her last breath. As I stared in disbelief and total shock at her dead face, I knew my life would never be the same as I now had to find out as much as possible about this mystery of mysteries. For the first year, I dreamt of her at least once a week. Beautiful, realistic dreams that comforted me very much. I saw her smile. I saw her face, heard her voice, felt her comforting presence. I was extremely close to her. I spent A LOT of time with her, and we talked about EVERYTHING and shared constantly. I loved her very, very much. It's been close to three months since I've dreamt of her and I feel like I'm losing her. I live in a small apt and I have dozens of pictures of her everywhere to help keep her image in my subconscious, but it doesn't seem to help. I am thinking of finding a qualified medium/channeler to connect me to her.
I'm looking at Elizabeth Herrington (elizabethherrington.com) who is recommended by world-renown medium James Van Praah.
What are your thoughts about this?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I'll tackle this one... :^)

Actually they are different, though there is a distinct and subtle overlap...

I see our current physical existence is a "specific definition". It's "designed" in such a way as to fully engage our attention. We become riveted on this experience as a singularity, while here, and then release this focus upon passing. So "while here" our experience is quite separate and unique... To say they're "One" is to confuse the distinctions. This tempts the mind to think that the definitions that we settle on "here" are perhaps fully relevant "over there" as well. While our sense-of-being is intimately relevant and vibrant in both, there are contrasts between the way we view and experience ourselves while being "here" as apposed to being "there". :^)

That was eloquent, Stephen, and I actually agree with you...:-)
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Thanks, StephenK. (Master). I will give you the deference you deserve on that one!
Honestly, I can tell you that what you said is deeper than anything I've ever read on the subject. In fact, I'm gonna have to read it over a few times meditatively to get it to sink in. How long have you been studying, and what books would you recommend?
Have you read any books on the psychology of death, for example Kubler-Ross' (sp?) "On Death and Dying."? And, do you believe in reincarnation?
I have been intensely interested in death since my mother passed May 7, 2011. I was with her during her last hours and watched her take her last breath. As I stared in disbelief and total shock at her dead face, I knew my life would never be the same as I now had to find out as much as possible about this mystery of mysteries. For the first year, I dreamt of her at least once a week. Beautiful, realistic dreams that comforted me very much. I saw her smile. I saw her face, heard her voice, felt her comforting presence. I was extremely close to her. I spent A LOT of time with her, and we talked about EVERYTHING and shared constantly. I loved her very, very much. It's been close to three months since I've dreamt of her and I feel like I'm losing her. I live in a small apt and I have dozens of pictures of her everywhere to help keep her image in my subconscious, but it doesn't seem to help. I am thinking of finding a qualified medium/channeler to connect me to her.
I'm looking at Elizabeth Herrington (elizabethherrington.com) who is recommended by world-renown medium James Van Praah.
What are your thoughts about this?

Please be assured that you have not lost her and she is still close to you.... but she perhaps has taken a step back in order for you to move forward......Actually, Elizabeth Herrington is quite good.....It is wonderful that you have had so many dream visitations with your Mother--not everyone is so fortunate....so, you know that she is alive and well in her spirit home...
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 AM
spiritseeker123

StephenK, Thanks so much for the YouTube link. I really enjoyed the "Dancing Salmon" Video. So cool, so funny and well done. I also watched the entire "Scoles Investigations" Movie/Video with complete and utter amazement. !!!
I think the people who have been able to connect w/their loved ones are very fortunate indeed.
A couple of days ago I did had an experience that I believe was an incidence of an "apport"----the appearance of a solid object from the "other afterlife-dimension." Earlier in the day (of the occurence) of was thinking of how I needed to buy some more cotton socks as my supply was running low. I went downstairs to the laundry room (I live in a large complex where the laundry room is shared by all.) I have a habit of looking in the "free box" that is kept there for people to put stuff they no longer want/need. I looked in the box and "lo and behold!" there was a brand new package of unopened white sox (2 pairs) of white (my preference) and my size!! I believe my mother just wanted to so something "motherly" for me, her son. Wow! Peace. What notable experience(s) have you had?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 AM
RainbowAngel

Wow! Your request for socks was answered i love it when things like that happen. Well from what i believe death is purely our spirit leaving and reuniting with our spirit family. We are all here on a journey to learn lessons and to experience life in a physical dimension. The whole purpose i am not sure of but i believe we will all know for sure when it is a turn to pass over. I do not fear death like i used to and believe it will happen when its meant to but i still have the natural instinct to stay alive and protect myself. Its a wonderful topic and i love reading the reported near death experience accounts on Dr.longs website Nderf. I believe your mother is definetly still with you and it sounds like your dreams were your mother assuring you that she is still here and still exsists but just not in a physical form. And yes you are very blessed to have had such vivid encounters with her. Love and light xxxx
Old 07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
StephenK, Thanks so much for the YouTube link. I really enjoyed the "Dancing Salmon" Video. So cool, so funny and well done. I also watched the entire "Scoles Investigations" Movie/Video with complete and utter amazement. !!!
I think the people who have been able to connect w/their loved ones are very fortunate indeed.
A couple of days ago I did had an experience that I believe was an incidence of an "apport"----the appearance of a solid object from the "other afterlife-dimension." Earlier in the day (of the occurence) of was thinking of how I needed to buy some more cotton socks as my supply was running low. I went downstairs to the laundry room (I live in a large complex where the laundry room is shared by all.) I have a habit of looking in the "free box" that is kept there for people to put stuff they no longer want/need. I looked in the box and "lo and behold!" there was a brand new package of unopened white sox (2 pairs) of white (my preference) and my size!! I believe my mother just wanted to so something "motherly" for me, her son. Wow! Peace. What notable experience(s) have you had?

Not an apport, but a wonderful example of an ADC.....someone was "nudged" to put those socks in that box, and then you were nudged to look in the box.....no such thing as coincidence......
Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 AM
spiritseeker123

Thanks for your comforting words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Please be assured that you have not lost her and she is still close to you.... but she perhaps has taken a step back in order for you to move forward..

that's a good way of putting it. I intuitively feel that you've hit the nail right on the head w/that statement. I'm feeling better already!

....Actually, Elizabeth Herrington is quite good.

I did get that feeling when watching her on YouTube and the fact of her referrel by Van Praagh.

..It is wonderful that you have had so many dream visitations with your Mother--not everyone is so fortunate....so, you know that she is alive and well in her spirit home...

Yes! For sure! But, I miss those dreams and am anxious to see her again soon in another dream. Hopefully tonight! Thanks. Peace/Blessings
Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 AM
spiritseeker123

Thanks for the Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Not an apport, but a wonderful example of an ADC.....someone was "nudged" to put those socks in that box, and then you were nudged to look in the box.....no such thing as coincidence......Right. Synchronistic, I believe, would be the word. Christians often call it a "God-incident".
Yeah, after thinking about what you say (above) you're right. That sounds more like it. There was definetly some 'nudging' going on, ie: "After Death Communication" for sure! Peace/Blessings.