Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I haven't got much to add to what everyone has already said.
I lost my husband to cancer 7 years ago.
The other side of it is they do go to a wonderful place once they have made their transition and there is always some one there waiting to meet them.

A week before he passed over,I was visiting him in hospital. He kept telling me he wasn't in bed. Pointing to the far corner of the ward he said 'I'm over there'.
I couldn't understand it. Then remembered he had a twin brother who has been in spirit for a long time. His brother was waiting for him....
They are never alone....Deepsea

So sweet deepsea!
Old 13-03-2013, 03:52 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
So sweet deepsea!

Thank you,Tiss....
Old 13-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Knower

It is difficult to accept when the time comes, but all things must have an end. The important thing is to spend as much time with your father as you can, to fulfil your relationship to its utmost. Talk to him about your lives, his childhood, his hopes, dreams, and fully appreciate every minute you spend with him, or any of your loved ones.
The hardest thing is to have to look back with regret and think of all the things left unsaid that you wish you hadn't.
Old 13-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Experiencer
Greetings to you All,

Peteric, I am asking the Healing Angels to do all they can to help you, your wife, and your father through this time of his transition.

Sad though it is dying it is a natural event that must and will happen to us all. It is something that we must all face: those who go before us, and at our own time of passing over.

A held hand, words of love, a gentle tune, happy memories that may not be fully registered by the human mind at the time but they are by your father's soul, the person that he really is. Let him know that you are there for him in any way that you can.

Peteric, the replies you have received here are all true. They come from the heart and are, at the same time: 'heartfelt' and full of loving experience and understanding. What a wonderful bunch of people they all are. God bless you All.

May the Love of God be forever in your heart.

JOHNTY
Old 27-03-2013, 01:57 PM
SpiritualBee

So much love and sharing, I do really love this forum. Thanks everyone for sharing your most difficult experiences. They filled me with a lot of strength.
Old 27-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
So much love and sharing, I do really love this forum. Thanks everyone for sharing your most difficult experiences. They filled me with a lot of strength.

Dear SpiritualBee,

That's the idea, to mutually help each other with what we can lovingly offer.

TISS
Old 27-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I haven't got much to add to what everyone has already said.
I lost my husband to cancer 7 years ago.
The other side of it is they do go to a wonderful place once they have made their transition and there is always some one there waiting to meet them.

A week before he passed over,I was visiting him in hospital. He kept telling me he wasn't in bed. Pointing to the far corner of the ward he said 'I'm over there'.
I couldn't understand it. Then remembered he had a twin brother who has been in spirit for a long time. His brother was waiting for him....
They are never alone....Deepsea

This is so comforting Deepsea.
My mother was slowly dying in 2009, but not really ready to let go. So tenacious! She had late stage dementia plus other dangerous body-issues. She could not remember being married, or my Dad's name, etc etc, and many things she said made no logical sense. One day I went to visit as usual as she was in the hospice. She said "Your Dad came to see me today. He sat on my bed, and I said hello, what are you doing here? He smiled at me and held my hand and said "come on, let's go. Why don't you come with me?" But then I said "No, not right now, I've still got things to do, but I'll come soon".
She was very lucid when she told me this. It sounded like her "old" self.

The day after she had told me this she had forgotten it again.

She passed on 2 weeks later.
Old 28-03-2013, 05:54 PM
deepsea

That makes a lot of sense,Tobi.

I always believe that someone comes for us when death is beckoning.
In my mother's case,her brother came for her. She too,was in a home and suffering from Alzeimhiers as well. The reason being why we do not always believe them.

My mother hated being in a home because she didn't know where she was. Surrounded by strangers. She married again in her 80's but couldn't remember her second husband. She would shout for my father.
Because my husband was ill from cancer,I could not look after both of them.

Then she mentioned her brother and said rather nastily he was coming to get her to take her home. Which I think was true. Like your mother,she passed over three months later.
I received a message from her a good while later to say she was happy.

Deepsea
Old 28-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Soul Searcher

Firstly, as everyone else has said, i'm so sorry you're in this situation. Blessings to you, your father and all your loved ones

Secondly, if you are ever in doubt as to an afterlife; DON'T BE. As many other special people here, i've had countless experiences in both seeing and slipping into the Spirit world; it really is a beautiful place

I never met my Grandmother, and her passing took a long time for my mother to deal with, as happened back in that era. So please, be as loving and as crazily attached to your father as you can! Laugh until you cry, love until you feel you'll burst, cry until you sleep, and remember most importantly..... Death is the just the beginning to a beautiful, eternal life.

As a child about 5, whenever my mother was feeling down, for some reason i'd always take a tiny perfume bottle of hers (empty it!) and go into the garden... i'd pick white roses for hours and let them soak in water, making her some perfume. I'd take it to her as a gift with a huge hug and kiss.

I never understand why this touched my mother so much, until I realised my Grandmother's favourite flowers were white roses.
They never, ever leave us.

Embrace the new journey ahead... Don't overthink, don't worry, don't fear... just be. Make your father comofortable and his days as joyous you can.
Let the sorrow heal in time, and you'll become an even more empathetic and kind soul. ''Only when we have seen the darkness, can our eyes appreciate the light''

Love & Peace to you,

Old 29-03-2013, 10:25 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive_89
Firstly, as everyone else has said, i'm so sorry you're in this situation. Blessings to you, your father and all your loved ones

Secondly, if you are ever in doubt as to an afterlife; DON'T BE. As many other special people here, i've had countless experiences in both seeing and slipping into the Spirit world; it really is a beautiful place

I never met my Grandmother, and her passing took a long time for my mother to deal with, as happened back in that era. So please, be as loving and as crazily attached to your father as you can! Laugh until you cry, love until you feel you'll burst, cry until you sleep, and remember most importantly..... Death is the just the beginning to a beautiful, eternal life.

As a child about 5, whenever my mother was feeling down, for some reason i'd always take a tiny perfume bottle of hers (empty it!) and go into the garden... i'd pick white roses for hours and let them soak in water, making her some perfume. I'd take it to her as a gift with a huge hug and kiss.

I never understand why this touched my mother so much, until I realised my Grandmother's favourite flowers were white roses.
They never, ever leave us.

Embrace the new journey ahead... Don't overthink, don't worry, don't fear... just be. Make your father comofortable and his days as joyous you can.
Let the sorrow heal in time, and you'll become an even more empathetic and kind soul. ''Only when we have seen the darkness, can our eyes appreciate the light''

Love & Peace to you,

A beautiful post,Inquisitive.
Thank you.

Deepsea