Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This seems an ironic quotation from someone whose posts are full of ideas and concepts.

Peace.
You're the one that's been reading them if you know that much but I don't suppose you appreciate the irony of what you've said. I guess you haven't been paying yourself enough attention.
Old 25-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're the one that's been reading them if you know that much but I don't suppose you appreciate the irony of what you've said. I guess you haven't been paying yourself enough attention.

I notice this as well in your sharing Greenslade. In reading so many concepts and ideas you put forth, I’m often trying to Gauge your state of being. Where you sit within all those offerings?
Old 25-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This seems an ironic quotation from someone whose posts are full of ideas and concepts.

Actually I thought the statement consistent with the subject of spirituality because the thought applies equally to any type of spiritualism we consider. Miss the point here and the point somewhere else is missed. They are equal statement views. I was actually glad to see us get off the Abraham tree. No system dealing with spiritual matters are immune. Someone pointed out such truth of what is being said has become twisted over thousands of years of use and this talks about blindly following.

Actually, it's about going beyond what the I has been told because it may not be as we have been told. Actually I have doubt, not in God, but in the kind of God I am told about. So it is not in God but what was said about God. Actually as has been noted all's we know about God is what we've been told and has gone on for thousands of years. We sometimes forget we are just like our ancestors and this is simply a good lesson for us, simply look, study.

Now is there a God/Creator/Spirit? If there is no God, then an answer has already been given and it is correct. But if there is a God, still parts of the answer are still correct, that's the rub. What are the attachments we have. The reason God exist is in front of us because apparently nothing is not possible. Take away all of the things we have been told in order to see what we have been told may be different. The question may be the things we were told about God, why do they exist. If one is not correct then both are incorrect and neither exist. They are illusions. Actually in modern times it's gotten to the point should it exist. Actually we don't even need God because that is the ultimate end. Then to, God has the right to exist, I have right to exist, other forms have the right to exist. I actually think this question has become a multilevel question. Regardless, there is a bit of truth in both sides of the argument. Are we talking about types of God now?
Old 26-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I notice this as well in your sharing Greenslade. In reading so many concepts and ideas you put forth, I’m often trying to Gauge your state of being. Where you sit within all those offerings?
Those offerings are a reflection of my consciousness, just that same as everyone else's offerings. You're the one that's so perceptive, you work it out.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Someone pointed out such truth of what is being said has become twisted over thousands of years of use and this talks about blindly following.
Similarly with God. And Spirituality, but interestingly enough Buddha said that we should question everything, so taking it for granted isn't so Spiritual after all. Jesus said that if we wanted to know the kingdom of heaven we should know ourselves first. Oops again.

Quote:
We sometimes forget we are just like our ancestors and this is simply a good lesson for us, simply look, study.
Oh, such heresy. Shock!! Horror!! Do we forget or do we not want to admit it? We did come from the trees and guess what, we still have our tree ancestors inside us.

Quote:
The reason God exist is in front of us because apparently nothing is not possible.
Hang on a minute though. Apparently God is the Supreme Being and omnipotent, omniscient and all those other words that people wax so Spiritually about him, yet there are reasons he exists? Isn't such a being not supposed to be beyond causality therefore beyond any reason for his existence? Isn't God supposed to just BE? Maybe there are ironies at play that are greater than mine.

Quote:
Are we talking about types of God now?
Few have taken the time to ask what God actually is.
Old 26-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Hang on a minute though. Apparently God is the Supreme Being and omnipotent, omniscient and all those other words that people wax so Spiritually about him, yet there are reasons he exists? Isn't such a being not supposed to be beyond causality therefore beyond any reason for his existence?

Not sure if this statement "there are reasons" means there are or there are no reasons. Reasons have already be given so I am going to take it you mean there are reasons. I've been told about the above there is a Supreme Being as well as in the question, "Isn't God supposed to just BE?" Unless it's changed yep, this is what is said and that's what I and others have said, it just is, talking about no beginning no end. We're in agreement. No beginning, this is the reason it exists, if it exists. Why go beyond that? Do we have life here and what is life? Here I mean being. There is life (beings) we see here, there is life (beings) at levels outside this plane, then there are spiritual forms of beings (life). Life or being seems to be 100%, existent at many levels that are probably quite large. Life may be existent and there cannot be anything but (being) life.

Does this apply everywhere. God always has been which I'm not sure has or has not been said. But it is an amazing thought if one reflects on it. But we do not think of God as alive, or a living being, but existent. Can this not be the same thing as life or living, being. Nothing should exist, not life, not consciousness, not even being aware, but there is something about 1+1+1 = 1. Nothing should be. The question is a basic one, is there a source. There should be no source. There should be no life and I consider source a life or existent. Yet the opposite is observable and I say, I am not the source, if I am I apologize. The reason is being existent. Make no other attachment.

What causality is meant, the cause of God? The causality is without making other attachments nothing cannot not exist, nothing cannot be! I don't think it possible to escape awareness. A concept that's makes no sense we observe. In fact there is existence many times over at many levels. Here's a theory put forth along the same lines, I can't comprehend it but maybe it'll make sense to someone else. There are infinite possibilities. And in the infinite possibility something exists and at the same time nothing exists in infinite possibility, both exist. It is because of infinite possibility of potential. Causality is then in infinite possibilities. Nothingness also exists. But our standard idea about God also deal with infinite possibilities where "it" awareness comes about. It manifests because it's possible. There was never a causality to God unless there was. How is nothingness defined? Nothing cannot or does not or will not exist where logically (physically) it should be at 100% but we have another 100%.

Out of all infinite possibilities does one exist btw, what about other possibilities that can exist, do any of them exist at the same time. There should even be, no source. It may be the word that does not exist. Are you saying God is not the source or there is no source. Now I will say I don't think (any) God is perfect because I simply see imperfection, but has no meaning to me about a Supreme Being. I'm interest what you believe, do you think source exists.
Old 26-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Those offerings are a reflection of my consciousness, just that same as everyone else's offerings. You're the one that's so perceptive, you work it out.

Me perceptive? How very forward of you.

That’s not the answer I was hoping for but I guess it will do.

My perception- in all your offerings coming from your consciousness, there is all that, then there is you.
Old 27-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I like saying things I shouldn’t say, mainly because I don’t like shoulda, shoulds or I should do that, you should do this!

The survival/coping mechanism is a great point. There is that. In the world where everything presents itself, as a very diverse human experience, our personal experience, connected to something more beyond this world, especially a connection that propels us to experience ourselves differently, does serve to bridge us into our deeper connection as humans. Sadly for those who hold onto the god realisation or even the seeking of enlightenment as something beyond this world, can miss the vitality of their own aliveness here and now as all this now. Of course I am speaking of those who are able bodied and willing to serve the world itself as an actively engaged connection in the world itself. Sometimes in the survival mode, the dance becomes one of a solo dance, where as the direct experience we can attain too, as our higher integrated self, can become our very human life experience as a dance connected to more than something out there, something coming when I die, something greater that is beyond my own lived experience. It serves - I walk alone/we walk together as this life experience.

Of course I am a connector so I serve the lived experience not as a god preacher but through my humanness, through the life stories, through others that connect me deeper into the unified energies, unified as I have come to understand my own existence and connection in myself. In these moments it’s not about gods exsistence but what i bring to the table as I am in all this.

We seek the reason for our being here, being alive, being everything we are, we seek to know, to know god as a reflection of his power, his reign over us, his guardianship as our leader. Much like anyone we place on the stage of adoration as a need, to open to love and joy, to feel a sense of relatedness and belonging to something that fits you. In some ways god gives reason to feel differently. Whether we see him as love, power, as our leader, our understanding, as our true guide, as a figure head who has our back, or someone we can believe in, who believes in us, in the context of our own personal god experience and reason for being, falls back to ‘us and what moves us’ to be the person we are. I think when you settle into being you in every way you are, let god go, and let the life experience itself serve you and others, god settles. You settle. You know without needing to know.

As humans we like to look up to something, to revere things that we see as greater than us. Stronger, better than, more than us.We put these people on pedestals, adore them because they offer us hope of ‘more’ than we have, more than we know it want, we want, we desire, we feel, we see, we touch, we experience ourselves differently.

In the end we learn our potential, we learn our experience in this body and in this life, can be lived deeper, richer and connected , in ways we could never have imagined. As the seeker we find and meet god to understand ourselves and understand creation, the world, the universe as it is. To live differently. To feel differently. To live more fully and more connected as a human.
I don't worry too much about 'shoulda', I'm past the rebel without a pause bit.

Quote:
I think when you settle into being you in every way you are, let god go, and let the life experience itself serve you and others, god settles. You settle. You know without needing to know.
This is the salient point for me, although it's not God that's settling but myself. I dare say we can bang on about what God might mean to others until the cows come home but it really won't get us anywhere. Frankly I'm beginning to tire of talking about God and being an atheist doesn't help. I'm very much with Haile Selassie in that Spirituality is not about the theologies and ideologies, it's about how we experience our existence. Interestingly enough I've seen very little in this thread about how people experience God and what their relationship with him is. The relationships seem to be around beliefs.

The seeker is always that which is sought, so if we are seeking God, a deeper richer connection....??? If we are seeking things that we perceive are stronger than, better then, more than us what does that say about us? That we can't find those things within ourselves?

"There is a great happiness in not wanting, in not being someone, in not going somewhere."
J. Krishnamurti

Can we not simply exist? Do we really need to live in ways we could never have imagined? Allowing the Universe unfold as it will brings all the things we seek to us, because often as seekers we're running away from and not towards.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Greetings Greenslade,

Playing around with a thought here. If we be God playing at not being God, then isn't talking about ourselves, God talking through us or talking about God?

Two questions pop into mind; Who am I? Who am I not? Both seem in the process of living life.

We find what is liked and what is not liked by doing different things, having various experiences. We arrange, change, rearrange our living space. So, it seems the same is done with in the self and beliefs formed. Some people seem flexible, while others are not so keen on changing.

God works because there is comfort in knowing and/or thinking one is protected and provided for. Life is more then birth, school, work, and death. There is a goal a place of rest when all is said and done. A welcoming light at the end of the journey. Ok, this may come across as a bunch of glitter being thrown in the eyes, to some. But, for others it gives a center and purpose, IMO.

For others, it seems the story is played out and the created God image of love, protected, and provider just is not working. The world reflects both and loved ones die, one is alone, warfare, and the rest of it seems to contradict what has been and is preached about God.

So, the reason being to be protected, provider, loving seems to get contradicted.
But, again is God doing this or ourselves?

Maybe a little harsh in this view point, but feel relevant in regards to why or even if Gid exists?

History seems to reflect similar patterns in human behavior. Similar goals, ideas, theologies, philosophies seem to creep in. Rapture, enlightenment, ego, devil, higher self, Holy Spirit. Fragmenting ourselves further and further into pieces and away from that which seems desired to connect to.

All the while the beauty and potentials that are right in front of ones nose is overlooked or brushed off as something unobtainable because no one has written a book about it or preach it loud enough.

Yet science shows the wonders of nature, humans, the universe, and potentials there in. Yet all this not spiritual because it is too physical? I dare to differ. Standing on a hillside looking out over the valley or sitting quietly in a forest can be very spiritual indeed. The sheer power and awesomeness of the universe is creation unfolding before us.

Why does it exist? Ahh, perhaps one does not look deep enough or expecting too much. One just needs to look, listen, and breath it in. It is, call it what one will or nothing at all.

Each other and ones own potential to reach out to another, to be kind, to be grateful. All of which takes no further practice then just doing it.

Has nothing to do with trying to be any-thing. Has everything to do with using ones own potentials to, as stated, be the change.

Through this perhaps it will be as been pointed to and suggested to consider.
No need for titles and such, for it is felt and understood through ones action and acknowledgement towards another. What is hoped for through God can be obtained through us and for some is. Still work to do, but that's life?

Idealistic? Perhaps at the present state the social world is, but not with in the interactions of one with another. When we realize our own existence and potentials there in, the divine/Spirit naturally shines through, IMO.
Good morning, Moonglow

That's the irony of it all. We choose not to believe we are God so that we can wear the badge of Spirituality because it makes us feel better about ourselves. And in that Spirituality we wax Spiritual about what God is and we don't understand that we're not talking about God at all. It's bonkers, isn't it?

Who am I? Who am I not? Did God ask those very same questions when he was alone in the Universe? Or did he just do what he did because he could, because he's God after all? Why can't we do the same, Moonglow? What are the reasons we need reasons for our existence? What are the reasons we need to fill that half-empty glass when it's actually not empty after all? If you ask "What am I not?" what are you actually doing? If I am not God, what narrative am I buying into? Similarly, if I say that I am God? Does that make me Spiritual or do I have a God complex and I'm in dire need of being strapped down before I hurt myself?

God works because of our built-in survival instincts, it serves our purpose to think we are being provided for, looked after and the like. As you're alluding to, there's a benefit in believing in God that 'fills a lack' inside of us. And I don't think you're being harsh at all, I think you're just being straightforward and honest with no pretensions - because they tend to come to the fore in discussions such as these.

If we can't be honest with ourselves, what then?

Once upon a time in history religion and science were one and the same, until there was a falling out between those that were biased towards the science and those that were biased to the ideologies and theologies. At first glance the two aren't compatible, but what I find is telling is that Spiritual/religious people seem to exclude all else but their ideologies and theologies, while many scientists believe in God. Naseem Harramein said that Spirituality is the science we don't understand. Wouldn't it be interesting if we compared Spirituality with magic?

The full Hermetic Principle is "As Above, So Below. So Below, As Above." In Spirituality the other phrase is "All That Is," only it means all that has been labelled as Spiritual. Surely science has a part to play in understanding what some would term as all of God's creation? He did create everything of matter after all so is ignoring science not a slight on God's almighty works?

We are the ones we have been waiting for, Moonglow.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't recall even attempting to ans the topic question.
My goodness, what a brain teaser!
WHY does God exist? I would not know...I don't think I
have ever read anyone that attempted that one!

Added: Just as I thought there is little online...and what is,
is pretty worthless.
I guess the question to that is "Where is the wisdom?"