Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Overwhelming emotional dreams; how can I bring my subconscious to the surface?

For the past several night, I haven't been sleeping well.
I have been having incredibly emotional dreams, involving people I know, or knew (I think)

See, I have tried to remember paticulars from my dreams; names, faces, anything! But the moment I wake up, all I am left with is a racing heart and a lump in my chest (it feels almost like a panic attack)

I have tried dream Journaling, but nothing is helping me to recall any specific events or people or anything at all.

I feel as though there is something I am trying to tell myself through my dreams, though I don't know how to understand them.

If dream Journaling, or anything of the sort will not help me to remember what my dreams consisted of; what can I do to help myself?

I want to fix the issues trapped in my subconscious, and I want to sleep again!

Please help.
Old 13-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Suspended
What kind of emotions are you feeling??
Old 13-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Uneasy, panicked, unbalanced
I feel like I'm having a panic attack in my sleep
Old 13-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Newbie ;)

**UPDATE**
The one thing I do remember from my dreams occasionally are certain crystals.
A few weeks ago, I seamed of snowflake obsodian, obtained some and carried it around with me. This helped me to feel better for a while.

They've started up again, and the crystal I dreamed of was an unmarked stone I picked up for a dollar somewhere, and have yet to identify it.

I would post a picture, but I need to posr 15 times before I am allowed to.. I suppose I will browse some threads and return
Old 13-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Suspended
Those are feelings that you need to get off your chest in real life. Something in real life may be causing those feelings. One can make arrowheads from Obsidian.
Old 13-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Newbie ;)

The thing is though, that I do realize there is something in life causing these feelings. I know that much.

The problem is that, since I am unable to remember anything from the dream, I don't know how to figure out what it is that needs fixing.

I don't know how to go about fixing these emotions, because I don't know what is causing them.

I need help in figuring out where these subconscious feelings stem from.

I know that the assistance I will receive will be limited, as none of you know anything about my life; but I am hoping someone knows some sort of method (word doesn't seem right, but you catch my drift :) ) of how I can figure out what aspect of my life is causing this; without the convenience of remembering dream symbolisms
Old 14-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Newbie ;)

**update** I just had a nap, and can remember the jist of my dream.

It was me, younger. Very young; around 13 and just understanding love. I was making out with different boys, throughout my transition from childhood to teenager. Very intense situations (remember the feeling when you had your first kiss? Being so excited, afraid, blissfully "in love") it was like that, but also extreme sadness. The sadness nearly overwhelming.

I then was in the future (my near future, probably early 30s) with some old girlfriends, two of which never actually met in real life, but I don't think that has anything to do with anything..
Anyways, we were all hanging out, doing random things I can't recall, but I felt shame. I left to randevù with an old flame and was extremely blissful, feeling the same "firstlove" feelings, as i had earlier, then when I was with the girls again I felt more shame, embarrassment and sadness.
One of them remarked on how I still feel the need to wear makeup all the time, even when I'm just hanging out with good friends.
I don't remember many specifics, but the overall emotion of this dream was extreme sadness and shame.
I woke up thinking of skittles.. lol. But still sad.

Please help me.
Old 14-02-2016, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator
Do you by any chance feel more comfortable around men than women? Shame is a sign of feeling as though you did something wrong. It could mean a part of you feels judged by your friends so you have to put on a mask in front of them so you can feel like you fit in or won't be judged. Shame is a very diniltating emotion that can very well cause an underlying unease in use we may not even be consciously aware of so assess your female relationships and see if there is a sense of feeling judged or are you blaming yourself for something feeling like in life you are doing something wrong. If you can't recall a dream try to not fret. It could be you weren't yet ready to consciously confront the shame but I would ask before bed for clarity if you still find you struggle with your dreams. I find asking a question before bed gives me the best recall in the morning. As well if you feel you lost it try to not jump out of bed if you can. Sit for a minute so the dream can possibly come back to you. In any event to spirit and our soul there is absolutely nothing you need to feel shameful about. Life is hard. We don't always get it right and most of the time we are hardest on ourselves. Be kind and gentle with yourself.
Old 14-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Suspended
The "First Love" feelings are your new feelings entering your life. The sadness is around losing the old low self worth feelings you had. Those old feelings were like an old friend for you, thus you feel very sad. The shame you had was an old friend that you now lost. The Shame is just so much of a mask. The dreams are about the first love you have for yourself. The sadness is about leaving the old feel bad feeling about yourself behind.