Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2019, 07:34 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes of course its speculation but something I find rather strange. Someone who was and still is so important just seems to disappear from Scriptures.

Keep in mind that there were centuries of persecution and eradication of anything that the church did not sanction. It is the Scribes and Pharisees (or equivalents) who decide what scripture will and will not be. And it was the Holy Roman Pope that, though the grand inquisition, earlier versions of it, and their various other agents, murdered countless individuals for not adhering to their orthodoxy. Any teachings of Jesus going to India/Kashmir/or Elsewhere were heracies and could earn one a ticket to the BBQ. What we have as "scripture" today, is what survived.
Old 30-07-2019, 08:41 PM
ImthatIm

A 50 min. documenary done probably in the 60s
that tells the Traditions of Glastonbury England.

It covers: The Holy grail in Glastonbury

Jesus being there after his Father died and came with Joseph of Arimathia his Great uncle.

Mary heading there with apostles and Joe after Crux.

King Arthur being lineage of Joe. And so on.

If interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zluVs0v-xQw
Old 31-07-2019, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
My friend, I think your comparison is totally wrong... the people who fought for Hitler were at war, they murdered other people, innocent people, I never heard that a disciple of Christ to murder people for their belief and because of this to end up losing their lives... It's history, they were murdered for their belief and that's it, they had no intention to murder other people or to create wars, I am talking about the martyrs.

Yes, but those people died, Christ died and came back to life, without this, Jesus would be just like all the other teachers of the past..... and because of this, He is above all the other teachers, Buddha died and all the other died, even to this day, people claim to see Jesus in their dreams, people that had nothing to do with christian religion.Just some time ago I watched the story of a muslim man ( this man sold his friend when they were young because his friend wanted to be christian, his friend was murdered ) who had his child really sick, he prayed and prayed to his god and nothing happened and as a last chance, he decided to pray to Christ too, some time later his child was just fine.This man tried everything before even giving a change to the "higher powers".You rarely hear people talking about dreaming Buddha or any other religious figure.

I understand that for you your beliefs are a fundamental part of your life.
For me Jesus and his environment is just a fable, one that is in fact 2000 years old. In addition as nothing has happened for 2000 years to in any way confirm any of these biblical philosophies we can look upon the whole thing as being closed.
My mentioning Hitler wasn't mean as a comparison but just to indicate that many of us will believe anything that in some way fits into the personal picture one has of the world. There are those who hate all sorts of things; people, religions, politics, colours, races - whatever - without having the slightest idea about those things they hate, but their hates are a collection of instances stemming mainly from third parties.

Each of us on this planet has his/her beliefs and I am of the opinion, rightly or wrongly (like everything else) that every person's beliefs are true, and there are billions of us. Nor do I know what people dream but no-one has ever said to me that his or her dreams have been filled with wisdom. I do however know a man who once or twice a year since he was born, has woken in the middle of the night to find an angel sitting on his bed.
This is his truth. For me it's just his imagination - the most wonderful gift that we have!
Old 31-07-2019, 12:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Sounds like a lot of fun no wonder he stayed there for such a long time.
Oh yeah! Those were the days. Then JtheB showed up rappin about his bag of locust and that is when things started going down hill. That guy was a real party killer, not to mention he can get you into all sorts of trouble. Now they rarely get together anymore as St. Pete always crashes the place and wants to go over the books. Let me tell ya, "When the roll is called up yonder" is not such a nice hymn when you are the one drafting the roll. It's lonely up there at the right hand.
Old 31-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Quote:
How would Jesus ever manage to reach India should He know it existed? He would have to walk or travel by horse which would take years. It is an unlikely theory. My apologies for goading you.

Honza...after Jesus became a Christed being, Jesus could perform all manner of amazing abilities.

Jesus was said to have walked on water, but Jesus had no need to walk on water, plus he would have gotten his sandles & the bottom of his robes soaking wet.
Jesus could utilize his magical spiritual abilities, by using his spiritual mind in consonance with the magical energies of the universe, in order to levitate his Earthly flesh body off the ground, & once levitated, all he had to do was use his mind to propel him self to any location on any continent around this planet, & all literally at break neck speeds, that would rival todays high speed airforce jets.
He could also create a protective barrier to sheild him self from the onslaught of high speed winds....seriously... with his mind, Jesus could
have accomplished phenomenal tasks.

Jesus had at his disposal, the full array of magical spiritual abilities. & did not need a donkey for transport.
Infact, he could have also levitated Mary & the apostles at the same time, & they all could have traveled together.....SERIOUSLY.

Honza...the above is, "spiritual knowledge 101".
Old 31-07-2019, 03:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My answer was slightly tongue in cheek because I know it is a popular theory. In realistic terms I think it unlikely that Jesus went to India because the middle east had never heard of the far east at that time. The Jews did not know India existed. How would Jesus ever manage to reach India should He know it existed? He would have to walk or travel by horse which would take years. It is an unlikely theory. My apologies for goading you.
Actually, the far east would have been known about by that time. Alexander the Great went to war against elephant mounted Indian warriors long before the time of Jesus. You can spend a bit of time on google and look up all of the old trade routes the crisscrossed the larger middle east area coming from every direction. Some have even speculated that the "three wise men" were actually a search party looking for a reincarnated Lama... which they found?? Of course all of this is speculation but it is fun to speculate. It has always made sense to me that after the incident in the temple at 12 years old, it would have been a good idea to get Jesus out of Palestine before he ****ed off the religious authorities and got himself killed before his ministry could even start. Sending him east along with a trade caravan would have been one good way to get him clear of the dangers the religious establishment posed. I have had a hard time relocating the book I read that chronicles the travels of the young Jesus through the far east (India among other areas), but I recall account after account of him impressing the hell out of everyone with his wisdom, will power, and miracle working abilities, but then inevitably ****ing off the local religious authorities and having to flee for his life. A theme that continued all the way back to Palestine and onto the cross.

Anyway, I believe the book was actually said to be a part of the "eastern bible", but there is perhaps more than one of those as my searching for that text as of late has proved fruitless. If anyone knows what I am talking about and has a link it would be greatly appreciated.

Continuing on, this eastern travels in the "lost years" fits in well with Jesus returning to the Kashmir region after the crucifixion and resurrection. The idea that he was going to continue on with his teachings and ministry, but needed to get out of Palestine as his continued presence would "enrage and mobilize the religious authorities (which would claim they failed to kill him the first time and try again but this time destroy the body to make sure). And staying around and refusing to be killed would also defeat the purpose of incarnating as a man in the first place. Nobody would see Jesus as an example to try to live up to because he is obviously some kind of God, so what would be the point. Instead they would look to him to become the kind of warrior God savior that they had been expecting to begin with and start hounding him to defeat the evil Roman empire. Jesus did not come to help Israel defeat the evil Romans, he came to help all of mankind defeat the evil that lies within their own hearts and thereby achieve union with God. The kingdom of heaven is within, there is where it must be discovered. Jesus had to move on from palestine in order to allow his followers to look within rather than to him. Of course, what they saw when they looked within wasn't always love, they saw and brought out a good deal of evil as well. But that is the thing about evil, it has to be dealt with and defeated, otherwise it is always there waiting to be energized and brought to life. Showing mankind that this evil can indeed be defeated was the whole point of Jesus's ministry, IMO.

This would also help to explain why the lost years became the hidden years. If the larger gospel of Jesus is one of continually challenging, condemning, and being attacked by religious authorities of all kinds, then one can see why the religious authorities of the Holy Roman Empire would have suppressed it. IMO, the whole "blood sacrifice"/"ransom payment for original sin" was made up as an alternative to the true point of Jesus's ministry by the religious authorities. Jesus's death upon the cross is not some sort of class action lawsuit settlement that we can all get in on, but only if we do so through the church (who might excommunicate us if we misbehave). God's grace doesn't descend upon us once we sign onto the settlement, it has always and will always be there, eternal and unconditional love. But we do not feel it until we purify the soul by dealing with the evil. This is why we incarnate into a world of good and evil, to attain the knowledge of both and know what it is to choose one over the other. We learn what it means to love unconditionally, even those who nail us to a tree. And then, when we feel unconditional love for others, we can understand what it means to be loved unconditionally.
Old 18-09-2019, 07:43 PM
ImthatIm

There is a claim that Jesus studied with the Druids before returning to Palestine.

This is carved in stone in ogham.
Old 18-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
There is a claim that Jesus studied with the Druids before returning to Palestine.

This is carved in stone in ogham.
In New Mexico,USA there is a rock with the 10 Ten Commandments written on it in the 'original' language, Paleo Hebrew.
Is this 'proof' the Jews made it to the Americas in ancient times?

Just 'because', does not necessarily make it true.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-09-2019, 03:13 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In New Mexico,USA there is a rock with the 10 Ten Commandments written on it in the 'original' language, Paleo Hebrew.
Is this 'proof' the Jews made it to the Americas in ancient times?

Just 'because', does not necessarily make it true.

It means that someone pecked some characters on some rocks.

I don't believe much anyway.
Old 19-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Keep in mind that there were centuries of persecution and eradication of anything that the church did not sanction. It is the Scribes and Pharisees (or equivalents) who decide what scripture will and will not be. And it was the Holy Roman Pope that, though the grand inquisition, earlier versions of it, and their various other agents, murdered countless individuals for not adhering to their orthodoxy. Any teachings of Jesus going to India/Kashmir/or Elsewhere were heracies and could earn one a ticket to the BBQ. What we have as "scripture" today, is what survived.
Muslims have written materials claiming Jesus went to India, etc. One book that comes to my attention is
"Jesus in India". You can find it free in PDF format here https://www.alislam.org/library/book...s-in-India.pdf

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.