Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Ascender

Is this astral?

Hello!

I've experienced OBE's a number of times in the last 5 years, but the last couple have felt a bit different and I'm curious to know if they're actually astral projections or just another layer of consciousness. Normally, I will 'wake up' in RTZ, and see spirit and entities hanging around me or trying to interact with me.
I've been able to leave my body in this state but I don't usually get very far (mostly because I get too scared). The past couple experiences I've had have either started out feeling like RTZ, but I'm already out of my body, and my general awareness feels different. For example, the experience I had last night, I 'woke up' and was sitting up in my bed. I then had something similar to a white movie screen cover my field of vision, and in horizontal segments it was showing me different things. I also just understood what it was saying (although I only remember like two bits now) and I was aware that I was responding with my waking voice. Once it ended I was then easily able to get up (sometimes it's really hard to move forward or leave my body but it seems I was already out and there was no resistance.) I then made my way downstairs, passing a spirit as I left my room. Again, normally I'm super aware of everything and feel nervous about what I might encounter but this time there was no fear at all, but I was still conscious of my intentions. When I was downstairs I went through the wall to get into my back yard. I could feel the cool air on my skin and decided to try flying around. Now, why I think this might be different than my normal RTZ experiences is because of how confident and how fearless I felt. I felt like just my spirit without the ego self which usually tends to tag along when I'm in RTZ. Also things weren't as clear as in RTZ, but it didn't feel like a lucid dream. When I set the firm intention to fly upwards, I did. I didn't get very far into exploring, I 'woke up' again in my bed, I felt like my window was open (I consciously knew it wasn't though) and tried to turn on the light. At this point I think I was back in the RTZ layer and wasn't able to turn the light on. I then woke up again for real.

SO, I guess my question is, what's the next 'layer' in from RTZ? Is that astral? I've had projection experiences but again, they were very different than this, sometimes seeing 2 or 3 places at once. I'm 99% sure this wasn't a lucid dream either.

Anyway, just looking for some thoughts on how to identify this experience!

Thank you in advance :)
A
Old 14-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Pathfinder
Seems to me, you need to take a step back .. understand everything is not about you ..

I have no idea what RTZ means

The hard part is being here .. in this plane ..
Old 14-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Ascender

Thank you for your thoughts!

RTZ is real time zone. I've come to understand that it's the 'layer' between this plane and the astral plane. You can read more about it on some other threads on this forum.

I thought about that, but that doesn't really resonate with me. I am always looking out for other people and for years put everyone else's happiness before my own resulting in anxiety and depression and just self loathing in general. Self love and putting myself first has been something I'm reminded of often and something I do need to focus on at this time. However, I'm aware that balance is super important and to not let those other relationships fall behind. I live at home with my parents and I often do things for them and care for them. The message on the screen felt more like a long-term message or even a message for my future self. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has experienced a screen like that (which is why I mentioned it), but I'm more curious about what the astral layer feels like compared to the RTZ. Also, these projections and experiences I have, I have no control over. When they happen it feels like a gift and they are important to my current experience. I've tried to induce them on my own but I just can't.

I'm more asking about the state or feeling I had when I was walking around downstairs and outside. The amount of confidence and light I felt was just something I've never had in the RTZ layer. Normally I get super scared.

Since writing the original post it's kind of clicked that the astral plane is just another layer. I just always had in my head that it's another place or something like that. Like you need to go somewhere far away to recognize you're in the astral plane. But I think that maybe the astral plane allows you to travel to other realms and whatever, where as RTZ is attached to the earth plane so you can only travel around earth? I don't know.

Thanks,
A