Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Pathfinder

How real does the astral feel?

Hi guys!
Can someone tell me of their experiences with how real the astral feels? Does it feel like waking life? When I lucid dream, my consciousness is super dreamy, I often forget who I am and what I did the day before. But the consciousness outside the body is like inside, right? E.g you know what you did before that, what you ate and what you are doing with all of your memories intact. I have also heard that your thinking in the astral is different then here: much more peaceful and relaxed. But I think this can vary strongy from person to person.
Thank you!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatureoflight
Hi guys!
Can someone tell me of their experiences with how real the astral feels? Does it feel like waking life? When I lucid dream, my consciousness is super dreamy, I often forget who I am and what I did the day before. But the consciousness outside the body is like inside, right? E.g you know what you did before that, what you ate and what you are doing with all of your memories intact. I have also heard that your thinking in the astral is different then here: much more peaceful and relaxed. But I think this can vary strongy from person to person.
Thank you!

my ap experience felt more real then what it feels like right now as i type this.
i become super aware of myself and everything else.
when i lucid dream (and i lucid dream a few times every week)
i remember everything of my life in the 3D.
and yes, when i project or lucid dream, i have a completely diff perspective and thought patterns.for example, if i intend to project for the purpose of seeing past and future events, when i project, i find that im not interested in the past or future.it simply doesnt matter to me at the time.
if my goal is to project so i can discribes a persons house in order to proove ap is real, when i do project, i decide i really dont care and that the person will eventually experience projection on there own one way or another, so i see no need to prove anything.kinda frustrating cause when i wake up, im all like " damn, wish i went through with my plans"
Old 12-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Pathfinder

@dutchiexx
So would you say your waking consciousness is similar in LD and AP?
My consciousness in LD is super dreamy and I am constantly forgetting everything.
Old 14-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
@dutchiexx
So would you say your waking consciousness is similar in LD and AP?
My consciousness in LD is super dreamy and I am constantly forgetting everything.

yes, i think pretty much the same way when i lucid dream and astral project.
there are slight differences though.while lucid dreaming, i do feel a little less aware of everything then when i project.but i still have the same thought patterns.and i remember alot more of my lucid dreams compared to how much i remember from my projection journey.
Old 14-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Seeker

Smile

Quote:
Hi guys!
Thank you!

Hi. I'm new to the Forum so hope this shows up ok. Your thread caught my eye, and I just wanted to say that yes, an AP does, or should, feel like a real waking experience--strangeness aside. You should know that when it occurred to me for the first time (wake induced from meditation), it scared the ever-loving (insert your own expletive here) out of me, and I have never had another one happen in quite the same way--from full-awake consciousness that is. The experience is unmistakable. Now, on the occasions that I do have one, it usually happens from the dream state or lucid dream state, although still very real feeling, but varying in clarity/degree from hyper-real to somewhat better than a lucid dream. The fear factor is your biggest enemy in a fully awake OBE--or any type actually. As far as LD's go, I know there are a lot of theories/postulations on the differences between LD's and OBE's, but I've always tended to think of a lucid dream as a 'weak', or an 'almost OBE.'--but that is just my personal thinking. I'm always more aware and with more clarity in a lucid dream compared to a regular dream. I also know who I am, and know that I am in bed dreaming, and I usually have much more or full control of my dream actions and scenes. Hope this helps some.
Old 15-06-2016, 03:56 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its as real as the phsycial realms as what you can do in the body you can do with energy outside the body. Even sex.

I have always been able to just travel out, without any thought on it I can just stay present in the moment and a part of me can travel out. Drove the teachers nuts in school. My kids can do it as well and again caused issues at school.

For me at times its used as a distraction and escape in a way, other times it to do work with spirits.

I have taught Astral Travel and the most interesting experience was that of Astral Sex, were I connected with someone I trusted and we had a sexual connection. It was as real as if he was with me in person. This was a one time experimental meet up so that I understood what I spoke on was truly real in experience.

Like on the physical plane of existence there is the positive and negative forces thus its the same when one is out of the body. Not all out there like in the physical is good. We do have to play safe.

Lynn
Old 15-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Master
The Astral isn't a physical dimension like this one, so a whole paradigm shift has to take place before we can sense and recognise the subtle energy layers which surround us.

Just as we require physical senses to make this reality 'real' (I'm still an Advaitin) we need 'astral senses' to make that reality 'real'. In fact, neither are in the whole scheme of things.

The astral realms are only open to those who have opened their third-eye, which is the tool that allows us to see and work within the Astral.

What's the Astral like for me? It's like a dimension that both reflects and intertwines with our own on many different levels, from our dreams and subconscious thought, to our chakra energies and psychic communication.

There's no 'astral world' full of whatever I want it to be full of like a dream or dream-state, it just doesn't work like that for me.

It's like that which is hidden before we discover it. It's like energy existing in an inert state. It's like these energies reside somewhere outside our own electromagnetic spectrum...astral...
Old 16-06-2016, 03:25 AM
Experiencer
Imagine your senses heightened x-fold. That includes the usual physical perceptions and then added to by your spiritual senses. For instance colors are deeper and richer and ever so vibrant. It's like taking the blinders and the filters off with abundances of energies and clarity experienced like never before. The world is fantastically beautiful and gleaming with bountiful light in its true spectrum as perceptual vision and imagination that are contained within and exterior to its existence!
Old 16-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Master
It almost entirely depends on the level/quality/strength of your consciousness/lucidity/awareness. At the lowest levels of awareness, astral projections can seem dreamlike and foggy. At the highest levels, there is no comparison in one's physical experience, but perhaps imagine your current awareness multiplied by one hundred, connected with what seems like all of creation, with joy, love and bliss penetrating all the while.
Old 16-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Seeker

You seem to be so much more than who you usually are--very hard to describe.