Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
my previous method for ap has been working really well for me.its just not working for me anymore.using my theory, i taught a few of my reletives how to project, the methods i told them worked really for them as well.i dont think there is anything wrong with my method, i think it has more to do with my mind or body instead.

So you'd rewrite that, "was working really well for me..."

Who have you taught to project? What success did they have?

The thing about a good AP method is that it is designed to put the body and mind in the ideal state. Methods aren't just about the separation technique. So maybe it's a problem with your body or mind? What kind of problem? Whatever you decide the problem is, it will be overcome by finding a suitable method. It seems you haven't found "the one" yet. Of course, as a beginner this is completely normal. You'll get there.
Old 22-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Master

This afternoon I was practicing to ap. I felt an enormous sensation on my leg then it spread to my whole body. It was like I was buzzing. It is weird how it happens. I thought I would ignore the sensation but it ended. I thought what should I do next time. I thought next time it happens I am going to just get out of my body. I have done it before many times. Sometimes I have to force things to happen otherwise it ends. Sometimes it works if you do nothing and other times it does not work.
Old 23-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
This afternoon I was practicing to ap. I felt an enormous sensation on my leg then it spread to my whole body. It was like I was buzzing. It is weird how it happens. I thought I would ignore the sensation but it ended. I thought what should I do next time. I thought next time it happens I am going to just get out of my body. I have done it before many times. Sometimes I have to force things to happen otherwise it ends. Sometimes it works if you do nothing and other times it does not work.
i see, its the same for me.
people say u should just let projection happen, but many times i have reached the vibration state and choose to just observe and wait to see what happens.it always ends when i do this.my best result was when i chose to expect myself to leave my body, instead of just observing.i felt like i was sinking, i decided to make the intention of sinking through and out my body, and it worked.
Old 23-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
people say u should just let projection happen, but many times i have reached the vibration state and choose to just observe and wait to see what happens.it always ends when i do this.my best result was when i chose to expect myself to leave my body, instead of just observing.i felt like i was sinking, i decided to make the intention of sinking through and out my body, and it worked.

Yeah true, I found it best to carry the intention to use a separation technique (floating, falling, spinning, rope, etc.) from the very beginning of the "vibration state."
Old 23-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
That is great that it worked for you. Your idea helped me to think what to do next time. When I get that sensation I am going to imagine I am rising higher and higher.
Old 24-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Yeah true, I found it best to carry the intention to use a separation technique (floating, falling, spinning, rope, etc.) from the very beginning of the "vibration state."

what i believe is happening, is that when we hit the vibration state, our bodies are starting to fall asleep, also known as the "Hypnagogia state"
i think, when we focus our imagination or minds eye enough, to the point when we totally forget about our physical bodies, the Hypnagogia state occurs.i believe focusing on visuals helps relax our mind and body, which allows our body to fall sleep and allows our brains to enter a theta state of mind.
so to me, it seems like it doesnt matter how or what method u use to exit,
whats more important is the fact that your relaxing enough to allow your body to fall asleep.
i mean, it doesnt make sense to me that there would be specific visuals that allow you to project, so it wouldnt matter if you visualize climbing a rope,ladder, feel spinning/floating sensations ect..
i believe you can visualize anything you want as long as the end game result
is the same.
like for instance, imagining your climbing a rope, the purpose of it would be to focus your mind on it so much that you forget about your body allowing your body to fall asleep.the same goes for the ladder method as well.
so one can imagine a story line in there head (like watching a movie)
and reach the Hypnagogia state through it.
its kinda like some people read about all these exits methods but they fail to see the big picture of the reason behind doing these visuals. its like some only examine 1 grain of sand instead of the entire beach.
then agian, these are all just my opinions developed from my own personal experinces.
Old 24-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
what i believe is happening, is that when we hit the vibration state, our bodies are starting to fall asleep, also known as the "Hypnagogia state"
i think, when we focus our imagination or minds eye enough, to the point when we totally forget about our physical bodies, the Hypnagogia state occurs.i believe focusing on visuals helps relax our mind and body, which allows our body to fall sleep and allows our brains to enter a theta state of mind.
so to me, it seems like it doesnt matter how or what method u use to exit,
whats more important is the fact that your relaxing enough to allow your body to fall asleep.

If the vibration state occurs, then one is probably already in the ideal body and mind state to achieve an OBE. This state means that the body is falling asleep and the mind was quiet enough to allow it to happen. Any problem from this point on is probably a result of inappropriate use of one's thoughts and mind. Dutchie made it this far and then failed, probably due to failure to utilize an effective separation method.

Quote:
i mean, it doesnt make sense to me that there would be specific visuals that allow you to project, so it wouldnt matter if you visualize climbing a rope,ladder, feel spinning/floating sensations ect..
i believe you can visualize anything you want as long as the end game result
is the same.

Of course the particulars aren't important. It's more a matter of creating the sensation of movement outside of the body's frame of reference.

Quote:
like for instance, imagining your climbing a rope, the purpose of it would be to focus your mind on it so much that you forget about your body allowing your body to fall asleep.the same goes for the ladder method as well.

Actually, the purpose is as I just stated- creating the sensation of motion of the body outside of the physical body's actual reference point. This triggers the separation response. The actual process of feeling the movement is what makes the magic happen. It seems to create some sort of pressure on the astral body, which in turns facilitates the onset of projection. Sure, it can also aid in concentration and can help allow the body to be forgotten, but one can be fully concentrated and the body can be long forgotten well before any of these separation techniques are put into action, so no, this is not the main purpose of them.
Old 24-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
If the vibration state occurs, then one is probably already in the ideal body and mind state to achieve an OBE. This state means that the body is falling asleep and the mind was quiet enough to allow it to happen. Any problem from this point on is probably a result of inappropriate use of one's thoughts and mind. Dutchie made it this far and then failed, probably due to failure to utilize an effective separation method.

Of course the particulars aren't important. It's more a matter of creating the sensation of movement outside of the body's frame of reference.

Actually, the purpose is as I just stated- creating the sensation of motion of the body outside of the physical body's actual reference point. This triggers the separation response. The actual process of feeling the movement is what makes the magic happen. It seems to create some sort of pressure on the astral body, which in turns facilitates the onset of projection. Sure, it can also aid in concentration and can help allow the body to be forgotten, but one can be fully concentrated and the body can be long forgotten well before any of these separation techniques are put into action, so no, this is not the main purpose of them.

i see, i did make a post pointing out a method i created that is very simular to what discribed.i would lay down and relax, i then create the sensation of my hand moving, with in seconds i really feel like my hand is moving.i then continue to do this with the rest of my body.it feels like i get a couple inches out my body but it feels as if my un-physical body is glued to my physical body, feels like its stretching out or something, then i end up snapping back into my body.it feels like if i just let go of everything, i will be able to project, im pretty sure i did let everything go but still didnt project.
also, another method i found is to create a spinning sensation, i feel myself spinning, i start feeling vibrations after abit, but it goes no further.
so i kinda agree with you that re-creating sensations can help u achive ap, but i also still believe that visuals are for you to get relax and let your body go to sleep.

this is a little off subject but its interesting to note that you can raise your body temperature with your mind.its kinda like how you would create sensations of spinning or movment, but instead, create the sensation of being hot.i found that if you focus and begin looking to feel this sensation, then eventually you will feel it.if you keep focusing on the sensation geting hotter and hotter, you will begin to sweat and your skin temperature will rise, if you record yourself doing this with a infrared camera, you can clearly see your body temp rising.
Old 24-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
i see, i did make a post pointing out a method i created that is very simular to what discribed.i would lay down and relax, i then create the sensation of my hand moving, with in seconds i really feel like my hand is moving.i then continue to do this with the rest of my body.it feels like i get a couple inches out my body but it feels as if my un-physical body is glued to my physical body, feels like its stretching out or something, then i end up snapping back into my body.it feels like if i just let go of everything, i will be able to project, im pretty sure i did let everything go but still didnt project.

At face value, I'd question whether you have some doubts that are preventing projection. I also believe that a separation method is an important aspect of the process, and it seems like you may be lacking in this department.

From a state of full body vibrations, all one needs to do is feel oneself moving in some way, almost as if creating the feeling of movement with the imagination, and unless there is something impeding the process like limiting beliefs, the projection will occur as directed by your will (expressed via your imagination along with your intent).

I'd also question the strength of your intent and, again, any possible counteractions like doubt or fear.

Quote:
also, another method i found is to create a spinning sensation, i feel myself spinning, i start feeling vibrations after abit, but it goes no further.

You probably need to switch to a separation method when vibrations hit. I wouldn't recommend spinning for separation, but would instead recommend some kind of movement away from the body. This especially applies for beginners.

Quote:
so i kinda agree with you that re-creating sensations can help u achive ap, but i also still believe that visuals are for you to get relax and let your body go to sleep.

I'd say that visualization is definitely an effective means of relaxation and inducing sleep or altered states.
Old 25-05-2016, 03:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
At face value, I'd question whether you have some doubts that are preventing projection. I also believe that a separation method is an important aspect of the process, and it seems like you may be lacking in this department.

From a state of full body vibrations, all one needs to do is feel oneself moving in some way, almost as if creating the feeling of movement with the imagination, and unless there is something impeding the process like limiting beliefs, the projection will occur as directed by your will (expressed via your imagination along with your intent).

I'd also question the strength of your intent and, again, any possible counteractions like doubt or fear.

You probably need to switch to a separation method when vibrations hit. I wouldn't recommend spinning for separation, but would instead recommend some kind of movement away from the body. This especially applies for beginners.

I'd say that visualization is definitely an effective means of relaxation and inducing sleep or altered states.

might be on to something here, i dont think having doubt is the issue, since the first time i projected, i know beyond any doubt that ap is real and that i am able to do it with my imagination and intent, i do how ever, believe that fear may be stoping me, i mean, i dont fear the entities that exist in the astral or anything, its more of a fear of the unknown maybe, when i project, it feels like im doing something that im not sapose to be doing, like i feel guilty, simular to how it feels when you cheat in school or in relations ships.
i cant seem to be able to pin point the cause of this fear, i think i should meditate on this subject to maybe find the reasons why i feel this way.
also, when i project, i get this feeling that im alone and the only person i have is myself, also i get the feeling of having no rules and that anything can happen, feels like the old wild wild west lol.
its hard for me to explain in words, but its like i know what im capable of doing in the astral, and i know that others are just as capable as me, its kinda scary to think about it in that way