Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 14-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Guide

Cat Guide or another spirit?

There has been something bothering me for awhile, sometimes I will feel a thump on my bed. I would think it was just me because I moved but sometimes it happens when I am totally still (just breathing). At other times I will feel a thump and then I will feel foot steps on the bed, like a cat walking on your bed. I want to say its a cat but I'm not entirely sure if it is a cat or some other creature.

When this being is here it will sometimes walk towards my head from my feet and lay on my pillow next to my head, or it will just walk back and forth right next to me like its either pacing or looking for a place to lay down. I can't really tell, I just get spooked when I feel it on my bed walking up and down repeatedly. I try communicating (not with my voice but with my head voice) but nothing seems to happen, I also sometimes try to talk to in like its here in real life and I don't think it responds very well sometimes.

It tends to only happen when I am on my bed about to go to sleep, or when I'm just laying there watching TV, but I have um... had the sense that it follows me around the house sometimes. like When I'm washing dishes or sitting at the table my lower legs will feel all tingly like a cat is brushing up against them or when I go up the stairs I will feel like there is another little body walking up the stairs with me, its hard to explain the feeling...

I also realize that sometimes or a lot of the time when I am talking to myself in my head. I will start giggling alot, or I will start crying for no reason. I'm not entirely sure why or how or even who is doing the laughing and crying.

I once felt a small furry creature on my leg while almost asleep. it wasn't a cat I know that for sure, its fur was rougher and it was too small and thin to be a cat or even a kitten... perhaps the length of your hand, or smaller. It ran off when snapped out of my half daze/sleep thing.

So I am wondering is it a cat that I once had or spirit guide laying next to me? I have felt a humanoid shape lay next to me sometimes and give me hugs, and sometimes something bigger and heavier than a cat walking on my bed. It walks on four legs but it is definitely bigger than a cat. (used to have cats sleep on my bed a lot when I was little)

I do remember awhile back I would imagine poking the being next to me and I would get poked back. So I guess it responds to pokes. I really don't know if these are all one person or all different beings.

so I have a few questions about this:

Is it a cat I once had, a guide, or something else?
How do you find out what it is?
how to communicate with it? or make it go away?
And why do I keep on laughing and crying for no reason? (the things I say in my head are not funny to me and having serious talk with myself sometimes makes me cry!) (it bothers me when I have reactions and no idea where its from)
Old 14-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Juanita

I would venture a guess and say no, it is not your guide.......It very well could be a kitty that you once loved and lost......we are surrounded by spirit all the time and they are usually beloved pets or family members.....maybe these events trigger some deep memories of loss or something.....You could ask for a definite sign of some sort to establish the identity of this presence.......do you have a loved one in spirit who laughed a lot at nothing or cried for no reason? I'm sure that you will be able to figure it out eventually.......
Old 14-01-2013, 06:40 AM
mom

Since it seems to be some sort of animal/animals, have you thought about it being animal totems surrounding you? I know some beleieve totems are actual type of an anjmal spirit guide of sorts, but i dont necessarily believe that. Through my experiences i believe that your animal totem is a part of your essence that connects with another animal. For example, if a cat was your totem, a part of your own essence is cat-like. Because of this i believe we attract energies or spirits that connect with us because of that. So, say your totem is a cat, your essence, your energy of who you are could attract cat energies or spirits. One can have many totems as well. Ask to yourself what totems you have, with the honest intent of knowing, and pay attention throughout yoir day- they will make themselves known. Through words spoken, adds, bilboards, actual animals coming up to you - through all kinds of ways. I asked once to make clear if it was one of two animals (i was confused) while i was in a library- and immediately afterwards the first book i picked up one of the animals in question in the title, and the second book i pulled off a shelf had the other animal in the title! I then knew i had both as a totem.
Old 14-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Knower

It sounds like you may have a cat spirit hanging around. For whatever reason, it doesn't know it's dead and hasn't moved on. Maybe it died very suddenly, such as being hit by a car without knowing what hit it.

I had this happen with a cat I had years ago, and he hung around for several weeks before finally moving on. He had a distinctive, woodsy smell to his fur that was really nice, and in the very early mornings (when he usually got home and came upstairs to cuddle with me) I'd wake up smelling it.

Eventually, they do figure it out and leave, but some do get stuck for what seems to be a long time (at least from an embodied perspective).

I've never had to ask an animal spirit to move on, and am not sure how to go about doing it. But as strange as it is, it's actually harmless.

As for the laughing and crying for no reason, I suspect it's a different issue. Maybe your energy--which is sensitive enough to pick up on animal spirits in your environment--has odd fluctuations that manifest as these strange emotional reactions? Maybe learning to ground it would help? That's the first thing hat comes to my mind, at any rate.
Old 14-01-2013, 08:28 AM
mom

Maybe the laughing and crying is due to being an empath and sensing their feelings. I know once i went to water a plant and was just suddenly overwhelmed with sadness i started tearing up. I sensed my plant was grieving. I did figure out why and fixed the issue so it wouldnt be so sad. If you are an empath, i would say it is possible to be so to spirits around you...that you could just be being sensitive to picking up their emotions.
Old 14-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Administrator
It sounds to me like you are an Empath you are picking up on feelings.this is the reason for laughing and crying for no reason.the figure is not a guide it could be a lost much loved pet from years ago.if it frightens you go to a spiritulist church and ask for help from one of the mediums there.you can also smudge your place make sure the smoke reaches every corner and behind doors. see if this makes a difference.

Namaste
Old 14-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Guide

I would smudge if I could but I have big headaches afterwards and my mom I alergic to that stuff too. Its not my house so my mom forbids it. I have sprayed sage around my room, doesn't seem to bother the cats.

And I kind of got an answer right now, when I woke up this morning I started hearing purring and felt something on my arm, it felt like a cat too! So weird since I didn't see anything on my arm. It doesn't frighten me, just spooks me when it paces up and down my bed repeatedly...

I think I am an empath sometimes although I am not entirely sure how it works. Sometimes when I am around my great grandma the joints of my hands and feet burn and get real hot(great grandma has arthritis and her hands are almost always hot). Idk how or why but it does that on random occasions, most of the time I am around her though I feel nothing. Idk how to control feeling it and not feeling it. But other than the laughs and crying and the burning, I don't think I have felt other peoples emotions at least not strong enough or strange enough for me to notice it... I do remember while at the hospital I felt alot of pain in my private parts... Apparently the guy we were helping had a torsion... It's pretty painful for a guy and deadly since blood supply is cut off it could make him sterile... I do remember when my hands and feet got hot great grandmas seemed cooler but that could be because my hands were burning hot lol

Oh and the laughing and crying seem to be a response to what I think and say to myself in my head.
Old 14-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Is it a cat I once had, a guide, or something else?
How do you find out what it is?
how to communicate with it? or make it go away?
And why do I keep on laughing and crying for no reason? (the things I say in my head are not funny to me and having serious talk with myself sometimes makes me cry!) (it bothers me when I have reactions and no idea where its from)

Your cat can come back and visit and also become a guide. I've had many cats over the years. One particular cat stayed for 1 year after she passed until my mom prayed her away. Yes, just sincere prayers, no smudging. She said that it wasn't natural for deceased pets to stick around. I was so mad at my mom but I'm glad my cat came back after so many years. 2 particular cats I've seen as energies. The other cats I hear jumps off cat scratcher, tables, and interactions on the bed similar to yours. It even pealed off a corner of my blanket one day.

My daughter is intune with nature spirits and cat energies. She can see them clearly and confirmed for me that one of our deceased cats is now a guide for our cat. So he has 2 guides now. Sadly, I've never communicated with them because I rarely hear them. I let my daughter do the communications for me. The messages are always loving us and missing us and wanting to be with us. Other people over the years have also confirmed our cat guides and cat visits.

I suspect you have a cat guide. Animal guides, especially the highly evolved ones can be any size since they can morph. But they usually stay the size of a softball and will be on your head, or ride on your shoulders. You can always ask for a reading in the Readings Requests section. We have so many accurate readers on our forum.

I went through a time when I picked up spirits' emotions. I would be really, really sad for no good reason for 2 weeks straight and it wasn't my own feelings. Friends said I had spirit attachments and they were prayed into the light. Or I hope they went into the light. I'm not sure if the same is happening to you.

As for the hot hands and feet. I wonder if you are a natural healer.
Old 14-01-2013, 04:27 PM
mom

I too learned i could feel anothers pain when i thought about it. My husband broke his jaw and i was thinking about it and felt the pain and knew where it had broken before he knew from the docs. I immediately created a dial or lever in my mind, pushing completely down means not feeling others and flipping it conpletely up is full blown feeling others pain, and different levels between. That is how i control it. Something to think about when you notice it is going on.