Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 30-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Guide
How to use crystals/gemstones?

Hi all! I got some gemstones for christmas from my lovely son. I got a Hematite, Rose Quartz, Clear Quartz and Amethyst. I am currently wearing the hematite for protection from negativity, i read in a book that you have to charge and cleanse them. To charge it said to hold it in your hands till you feel a connection to it then say what you want it to do, is this right? Also i dont know how to cleanse them and how often? Can you wear more than one at a time? Can anyone tell me what exactly i can use these for? I originally tried to get a black tourmaline but where i live there is only one shop that sells stones and crystals and black tourmaline was one they dont sell. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Master
Hi :)

Here's an article on programming crystals. There's quite a few sites for reading about stones and their properties, using affirmations etc.

Amethyst is also a protective stone. I started out with an Chevron Amethyst pendant which went with me everywhere. Trust your intuition when it comes to clearing and charging them. Quartz is great to start with, as you can use running water to cleanse them.

It's a good idea to keep a grounding stone with you or nearby. If your sensitive to the energies then you may just want to carry the grounding stones to begin with ~ build up time with the rest.

A journal is a good idea for making notes, so that you can record how a certain stone has helped. Judy Hall has a book called "Crystal Experience - your complete crystal workshop in a book", which may be of interest to you. If you have a bookshop nearby, then have a quick flick through :)

Smoky Quartz is another alternative to Black Tourmaline. Then there's also Tourmalated Quartz ~ it's best to trust your intuition when your shopping for them :)

I found this guide great to start with for picking stones, as it has pictures and not too much information.

Clear Quartz can be used with all of the chakras ~ the bee's knees :)

Hematite contains Iron ~ very protective and grounding.

Rose Quartz is a heart chakra stone. The quartz amplifies this energy.

Amethyst is very popular, as you can use a small bed of crystals to clear and charge other stones (Jewellery etc). It's great for clearing a space for you to work with other stones.

Enjoy your journey with them :)
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM
sunshineofthesoul

Here is a website about Crystals and Crystal Healing
http://www.sunshineofthesoul.com/Pag...alhealing.aspx
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 PM
SelfGuided

Greetings Samantha, there are a lot of good links as people have shared. I will only comment on one thing - there is no replacement in terms of protection for a black tourmaline in regards to psychic attacks. It does not retain energy and does not need to be cleansed like other stones. For maximum use of its properties it needs to be placed in a pouch and worn on the left side of the body. Other stones offer different protections, black tourmaline is the only one I would never be without. Keep searching, when it is time for you to have one, it will appear for you.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 AM
littleangelite

Hi SelfGuided, any reason you wear black tourmaline on the left side of the body? Why in a pouch? I read its good to have skin contact with it.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
I am currently wearing the hematite for protection from negativity, i read in a book that you have to charge and cleanse them. To charge it said to hold it in your hands till you feel a connection to it then say what you want it to do, is this right?

Some stones have a natural effect, others would benefit you more if you tell them what to do.

Haematite, for example, is self-cleaning by my experience and it's nigh impossible to tell it what to do. It's a wonderful stone, regardless.

Other stones you can cleanse by leaving in salt, holding under running water, leaving in sal****er, or leaving in sunlight. About once a month, and yes you can use two at the same time. Quartzes work very well together. Other might not work so well, but go with what you've studied and what you feel.

Be aware that some physical aspects of the cleansing can have an averse physical effect on the stone. Haematite might rust in sal****er. Amethyst might turn brown in sunlight.

Happy gemstone using!