Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Knower
Smoky quartz

I now have a smoky quartz crystal, when doing my rose quartz meditation i put the smokyquartz on the top of my head to make me feel safe and for concentration.

I know what the smoky quartz does but im not sure how to use it.. I was thinking of laying down and taking deep breaths, visualizing my root chakra opening but for some reason i feel like theres other ways of meditating with this stone, i dont just want to open my root chakra i want it to aid in emotional balance and raising vibrations.

any advice on how i should properly use this particular stone, I quite attracted to it, very pretty stone, in the shape of a heart if i had a picture i would show you guys
Hello midnight lover you're the one i adore, And i'll be thinking of you til the stars are no more, If its cloudy or blue i'll be here with you, and then we'll kiss and make a wish a love forever true.

The countless supply and never-ending prosperity of heaven are indeed yours, so be it, Be one and in joy! <3
Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Knower
I always try to listen to my stone. It might sound weird, but when i'm not sure what to do with a particular stone, I meditate with it and ask it to tell me what it wants or where it wants to be. Sometimes i'll carry one in my pocket, put it on my chakra, play music for it, put it on one of my plants, ect. Just spend time with it :)
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Knower
Thanks for sharing Lulla, you actually made me think about how much time i should be spending with my crystals i use. Maybe putting a type of crystal near my plants will cure their problem.
Hello midnight lover you're the one i adore, And i'll be thinking of you til the stars are no more, If its cloudy or blue i'll be here with you, and then we'll kiss and make a wish a love forever true.

The countless supply and never-ending prosperity of heaven are indeed yours, so be it, Be one and in joy! <3
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Knower
I usually put them in plants when I feel like they need to be charged.
Glad I helped :)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Beyond

You can lay on bed and put smoky quartz on your forehead (area of third eye) or heart chakra, not intending to visualize anything, just relaxing, even forgetting that you have stone on your forehead. It's the method I usually use to relax better, using different stones. Usually sodalite is enough for me, but I discovered that pietersite and tiger's eye are very powerful stones. Greetings.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Administrator
The name "quartz" comes from the Greek derivative krustallos, meaning ice, as it was thought that quartz was actually ice formed by the Gods. Since the Middle Ages, crystal balls made of rock crystal have been used to predict the future.

Mystical Properties:

Smoky quartz is a grounding and stabilizing stone, bringing calm and centering. Emotionally, smoky quartz is excellent for elevating moods, overcoming negative emotions, and relieving depression. Smoky quartz relieves stress, fear, jealousy, anger and other negative emotions by transforming them into positive energies. Smoky quartz is very comforting and calming, and can be considered a stone of serenity. It can, therefore, be very helpful in relieving grief.

It brings physical, protection, psychic protection and protection from negative energy. It enhances survival instincts, and can help one reach personal and business goals, as well as assisting in making wishes come true. Smoky quartz is beneficial for groups, and engenders cooperation. It also helps with creativity, prioritizing needs and wants, and wisdom. In addition, smoky quartz is a stone that brings abundance, prosperity, and good luck.

Healing Properties:

Physically, smoky quartz is said to treat all kinds of problems associated with the lower torso including kidneys, abdomen, pancreas, reproductive organs, menstrual cramps, fertility issues. Smoky quartz also removes toxins from the body and helps the adrenal glands to function more readily. It is also very helpful for regulating all other body fluids and relieving fluid retention. Smoky quartz is excellent for dealing with hyperactivity, and attention deficit disorder. Smoky quartz is good for balancing and improving one's general health.

Magical Properties:
Energy: Receptive
Element: Not Noted
Powers: Not Noted

Another mood elevator, it is worn and used in spells/rituals as a grounding stone, to overcome depression and other negative emotions. A stone of discrimination, this stone will help you to be more firm about what you do and do not want. It will aid in ridding yourself of unproductive people or parts of your life. Smoky Quartz is an excellent stone for removing emotional blockages and the negative energy that they attract.

Zodiac:
Associations: The Sun
Not a Traditional Birthstone for any Month
Associated with both Capricorn and Sagittarius zodiac signs.

Chakra Classification:

Smoky quartz is associated with the root/base (1st) chakra.
In the psychic and spiritual realms, smoky quartz grounds one during meditation, and can provide a grounded link between the physical and higher selves, helping to uncover subconscious wisdom. Using smoky quartz during meditation enables you to reach higher states of consciousness. Because smoky quartz transforms and removes negative energy, it also protects and cleanses the aura and astral bodies. It can be used for psychic shielding.

The clearest, most intense smoky quartz powerfully open the7th, Crown Chakra sending light down the 1st, Root or Base Chakra, stimulating the kundalini energy and inducing Alpha/deep meditation for channeling and higher guidance, deep relaxation, as well as lovingness. Ancient use was to stimulate all the meridians, and the kundalini at once, so please use with caution.

That is what I know on it. Its one that I do use and really like to use.

Lynn