Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Master

Mary Baker said
Quote:
faith in Christ creates a new spirit within us. The born again experience is real to me but I did not receive it in church through any ceremony. The spiritual birth came first and then I took Christianity as a spiritual path to walk, I believe at the direction of the Holy Spirit. This, I think, is right for me and as for others, God is in charge of that, not I.
Thanks Mary,

imo, This description is consistent with that of a devotional (bhakti) yoga.

~ J
Old 10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Master
Something I have noticed as a Christian in this day and age we are laden with pre conceived ideas on everything and it confuses issues and can create superstition. A brand new Christian would just probably go to yoga and have a great time and think nothing of it in thier innocence. An older one like me has to rationalize everything from all the reading I have done. That reading keeps me wandering from the faith. On saying that I also prefer to feel if something is ok with god rather than ask other people.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Racer X

My daughter once asked a Pastor "What is meditation?" and he went into an angry rant. Apparently he was unaware that meditation is mentioned several times in his bible~

A FOOL is any Man in Fear and what he Fears he attacks. This is part of the defense mechanisms of EGO and EGO is a belief in a false self.
Old 16-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Bluegreen

According to LisaLisa "meditating on others than God is the problem."
What is meditation? We meditate when we engage in contemplation and reflection. In my opinion we do that often.
According to Edgar Cayce, a very devout Christian, prayer is asking, meditation is listening for the answer.

Pre-dawn talks about dualism and monism. Hinduism knows many gods which are only aspects of one God: Brahman. Christianity talks about the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, three aspects of God. Sadly, Christians are unable to conceive of God as other than an anthropomorphic entity and attribute human characteristics to That which cannot be defined/comprehended by mortal minds.

Theophilus, salvation is through the Christ consciousness as has been pointed out by Psychoslice for one. I admit that it is a concept that is difficult to grasp.
I wonder whether it gives a sense of security to think of God as an entity because such a God can be cajoled and flattered into saving a person from Hell.

If I understand TeeHee correctly when she replies to one of MattieĀ“s posts, I must say that her reply is so Christian and charitable.

Theophilus, "God requires that all sin be punished." Not God, Theophilus, never God. It is a law that is in effect: action/reaction.

The goal of Kundalini yoga is to awaken Kundalini, the force that lies coiled at the bottom of the spine. The advice given is to cleanse body and mind before trying to raise Kundalini as Kundalini removes physical and emotional blockages when it rises and the result can be very unpleasant without prior cleansing.

The ultimate goal as with all yoga methods is to achieve union with God which is no different from the ecstacy achieved by Christian mystics.
Old 16-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Bluegreen

According to LisaLisa "meditating on others than God is the problem."
What is meditation? We meditate when we engage in contemplation and reflection. In my opinion we do that often.
According to Edgar Cayce, a very devout Christian, prayer is asking, meditation is listening for the answer.

Pre-dawn talks about dualism and monism. Hinduism knows many gods which are only aspects of one God: Brahman. Christianity talks about the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, three aspects of God. Sadly, Christians are unable to conceive of God as other than an anthropomorphic entity and attribute human characteristics to That which cannot be defined/comprehended by mortal minds.

Theophilus, salvation is through the Christ consciousness as has been pointed out by Psychoslice for one. I admit that it is a concept that is difficult to grasp.
I wonder whether it gives a sense of security to think of God as an entity because such a God can be cajoled and flattered into saving a person from Hell.

If I understand TeeHee correctly when she replies to one of MattieĀ“s posts, I must say that her reply is so Christian and charitable.

Theophilus, "God requires that all sin be punished." Not God, Theophilus, never God. It is a law that is in effect: action/reaction.

The goal of Kundalini yoga is to awaken Kundalini, the force that lies coiled at the bottom of the spine. The advice given is to cleanse body and mind before trying to raise Kundalini as Kundalini removes physical and emotional blockages when it rises and the result can be very unpleasant without prior cleansing.

The ultimate goal as with all yoga methods is to achieve union with God which is no different from the ecstacy achieved by Christian mystics.
Old 18-10-2011, 04:57 AM
drake

Yoga? Evil?? That your church would say something like that is an example of exactly what is wrong with modern Christianity...IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS!! I grew up reading the bible my fair share and this is what I saw, Jesus, going around Isreal rebuking people who were packing God worship with every kind rule they could come up with and every kind of barrier for keeping "those people", whoever they may be, on the "outside". He ripped apart all the 'extra' teachings going on and got strait to the core - loving people and loving God. It seems the majority of the last 2000 years so called "Christians" have been working to tear down the work he did.
Old 20-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
Yoga? Evil?? That your church would say something like that is an example of exactly what is wrong with modern Christianity...IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS!! I grew up reading the bible my fair share and this is what I saw, Jesus, going around Isreal rebuking people who were packing God worship with every kind rule they could come up with and every kind of barrier for keeping "those people", whoever they may be, on the "outside". He ripped apart all the 'extra' teachings going on and got strait to the core - loving people and loving God. It seems the majority of the last 2000 years so called "Christians" have been working to tear down the work he did.
some have been trying o do the work he wanted and others have made a few additional rules that might have seemed a good idea at the time and those ideas they still hang around unfortunately.

How to change it? I guess as an experiment is not to water down your faith but is to interact with people with different faiths so you can see for yourself which things you were told may be unwarranted criticisms and which are.

I go to yoga, I go to the pub and can do those things without compromising my beliefs.

I find people love christians that will do stuff with them that hey are doing. They sure love us better when we dont say things that sound like we think we are better.

That is hard sometimes. to remain true to yourself and your beliefs you must say no to some things.