Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_TeddyBear
Does anyone in these forums believe in the Christian teaching about JESUS being the "son of God" who supposedly died for our sins? I am just new and curious.

Thanks

DAVID

Hi David

No I don't... not any more.

I used to believe Jesus was a highly developed spirit who incarnated on this earth (with highly developed spiritual 'gifts'), in order to try and raise awareness of our true and loving nature. I also felt the sacrifice was causal? Not intended by God, just something that happened as a result of peoples disagreement with what he had to say.

Now.... well, I believe Jesus was a fictional character who was portrayed as being 'the only son of God' in order to make a great number of individuals feel insignificant.

We can all heal, and do miraculous things. Is my belief? And we can all sacrifice a great deal in the name of love and wisdom.

Warm regards,

AM
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 PM
~Jay~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hey David,

If you had asked me that question 3 years ago I would have been very sceptical, I would probably have said that Jesus was a great man but that the church had so twisted his teachings that it was hard to know what he was. But now I would say this - Jesus whole life was a demonstration that we are all sons of God, he gave an example of what we are all capable of, an example that if we had not had it would have left us scratching around frustrated for ages. In this way he is undoubtadly a saviour, he brought a whole new way of being to the attention of everyone in the world and with the leaps being made in scientific understanding that are leading to an exponential explosion in meta awareness we are just about to see the benifits IMO.

I believe more or less the same as you do, Dreamer. Although I have been right around the houses before coming to my current conclusions about him - and reserve the right to change my mind again at any time, LOL!!!

I used to believe he was a fictional character too, AM, but now I feel differently. So many people were inspired to write down his teachings, and follow them, that the controlling patriarchy got scared & started to twist things. They only allowed certain 'books' and passages into the bible that they could best edit & fit in with their other teachings, but even so, they didn't do a very good job with all the contradictions in it!

Then things like the Gospel of Thomas came to light, with eye-openers such as "the kingdom of heaven is within you and all around you" and you think no wonder THAT was never allowed into the bible! How empowering for the masses to realise such things, lol.

I think it's possible that Mary Magdalene was another enlightened one, and that's why she's been branded a *****/prostitute by the church. Now there's an interesting historical character.....Jesus' wife & mother of the Merovingian bloodline apparently....? Hmmm....I also have my doubts about her though - especially as she was revered as the Knights Templar's goddess and they seem more than a little dodgy to me.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
I believe more or less the same as you do, Dreamer. Although I have been right around the houses before coming to my current conclusions about him - and reserve the right to change my mind again at any time, LOL!!!

I used to believe he was a fictional character too, AM, but now I feel differently. So many people were inspired to write down his teachings, and follow them, that the controlling patriarchy got scared & started to twist things. They only allowed certain 'books' and passages into the bible that they could best edit & fit in with their other teachings, but even so, they didn't do a very good job with all the contradictions in it!

Then things like the Gospel of Thomas came to light, with eye-openers such as "the kingdom of heaven is within you and all around you" and you think no wonder THAT was never allowed into the bible! How empowering for the masses to realise such things, lol.

I think it's possible that Mary Magdalene was another enlightened one, and that's why she's been branded a *****/prostitute by the church. Now there's an interesting historical character.....Jesus' wife & mother of the Merovingian bloodline apparently....? Hmmm....I also have my doubts about her though - especially as she was revered as the Knights Templar's goddess and they seem more than a little dodgy to me.

That's interesting!

The bit that stumps me is why so many deities born prior to Jesus were also born on the 25th December? And why the basic outline of their 'legend' correlates exactly with the stories of Jesus.

Maybe they were all real people with high spirits who were covered by a blanket of deceit.

Love and light,

AM

Last edited by Ascended Master : 08-01-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:05 AM
traveller

Quote:
Then things like the Gospel of Thomas came to light, with eye-openers such as "the kingdom of heaven is within you and all around you" and you think no wonder THAT was never allowed into the bible!

That's strange. It's in my Bible:

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

- Luke. Chapter 17. Verses 20-21. (KJV)

Old 09-01-2007, 09:12 AM
traveller

Oh, and to answer the question which started this post . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_TeddyBear
Does anyone in these forums believe in the Christian teaching about JESUS being the "son of God" who supposedly died for our sins?

. . . from what I've read at this forum so far, I'd say probably not. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
~Jay~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
The bit that stumps me is why so many deities born prior to Jesus were also born on the 25th December? And why the basic outline of their 'legend' correlates exactly with the stories of Jesus.

I don't think that 'Jesus' was born on 25th December, or any of that fictional nonsense that makes up the official story. I'm inclined to think at the moment that his story was made to fit all of those other god/goddess stories so that they could turn him into a deity to control people and take away their own power. By doing this, many of his original teachings are distorted and don't make sense. Also, this ancient sun-god stuff is Pagan, and the Patriarchy needed to shape Christianity around all those beliefs in order for it to take off as a dominant religion. They had alot of work to do to get all of this to fit, but it worked for so long, didn't it?

@ traveller: Fair enough, you're knowledge of the bible is far superior to mine, LOL!

I still think this teaching is much clearer and more emphasised in other books that were rejected by the Council Of Nicea when they were deciding which ones would make up the bible as we know it today. And then there's the book of Enoch, with all it's alien & space-ship references, and other books referring to Mary Magdelene as Jesus' wife....aah! so many things to hide....

EDITED TO ADD: Just want to make clear that I appreciate many teachings belonging to the Christian faith, Paganism & many other religions.....I will take what resonates from any source, and disgard the rest.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 AM
dreamer

I wonder if it wasn't "hidden" would there be such an interest in it and once it is found would it have been appreciated as much if it had never been "lost/hidden"?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
~Jay~

Yeah, I've wondered that too, Dreamer....
Old 09-01-2007, 12:13 PM
dreamer

Hey Jaycee,

I was watching a program about the miracles of jesus about 2 months ago, it was fascinating, but the message it was sending me was that everything about the story of Jesus (from his actual life right through to the building of the church and its more recent decline and questioning of the core truths of christianity) is a perfect representation of how the truth will always survive and will always shine through, and the truth is we are all sons of God, all heirs to Gods throne, we are one infinite being... this it seems to me was Jesus message. What do you think?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
I still think this teaching is much clearer and more emphasised in other books that were rejected by the Council Of Nicea when they were deciding which ones would make up the bible as we know it today. And then there's the book of Enoch, with all it's alien & space-ship references, and other books referring to Mary Magdelene as Jesus' wife....aah! so many things to hide....

EDITED TO ADD: Just want to make clear that I appreciate many teachings belonging to the Christian faith, Paganism & many other religions.....I will take what resonates from any source, and disgard the rest.

Well said Jay, wisdom at it's best!

Love and light,

AM
Closed Thread