Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Newbie ;)

What is Meditation

Isn’t meditation a process by which we attain a state of mind where the mind stops wandering unnecessarily and reaches a state of calmness
This can be the first goal of meditation
Ultimate goal is to attain a state of bliss that can only come when our ego is fully melted and we attain complete detachment from the external world.

There are many explanations to make this clear. *Deleted*

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-05-2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: You need more posts, Rules found under FAQ
Old 15-05-2023, 12:49 PM
Hi shivmathur, After 25 posts you can tell us about your books and youtubes. Thanks. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Master
I’d say that bliss enablement occurs but we cannot really make it a goal, in that we initially do not know what bliss is, being but a mental concept, until we finally are graced to so imbibe and assimilate the magnetism within, as a permanent embodiment of our being.

The same applies, in fact to any divine benediction. When we know it in definitiveness, it is a clarity beyond mind but until then, merely an idea.
Old 15-05-2023, 08:27 PM
If we didn't already have pages of Meditation threads I would have commented, sorry, Shiv.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2023, 08:53 PM
Administrator
Miss Hepburn is correct we already have topics on meditation so please post on those

Namaste
Old 31-05-2023, 10:21 AM
Knower
As your goal, so should be your meditation. As for me personally, I am aware of my thoughts almost all the time. That works for me. But seated meditation does not work for me, as I dont need it to stay mindful.
Old 31-05-2023, 09:57 PM
I was taught that meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing.
If it's a candle - well, it goes out....you're focusing on it, sure...
it may calm your thoughts, sure. That's great.
A mantra, like the candle, ends.
Focusing on the finite is...well, not for me; won't take you to the Infinite.

Now focusing on That Which Never Ends, Always Was...then you're cookin' with fire!!
(A saying in America.)

Old 12-06-2023, 06:25 PM
Knower

Meditation method qualifies as meditation will be different for each person. We are all so unique, so HOW we go about it will be unique to our own minds, and also our feelings that day.

It can be focus on a feeling, affirmation, flame, dot. It can be imagining your favorite spot and hanging out there - the beach, forest, creek, etc. It can be feeling in flow with our bodies via yoga, dance, walking. It can be envisioning our goals, not from a place of trying to make it happen, but just from a place of enjoying it.

But as your post focuses on - the point is to achieve the goals of bliss, detachment, and calm. That feeling of being grounded, centered. That ability to be in a situation we normally would react to impulsively, and react from a different place or not even react at all, whatever really calls us.
Old 25-07-2023, 06:55 AM
Newbie ;)

John Kabat Zinn's words in Full Catastrophe Living always stuck with me. The jist of his view is that the word meditation is like the word sport: it's extremely general and can't be narrowed down to a specific practice or goal.

Each form of meditation has specific goals and its own way of achieving them. Sure, there is a deep underlying purpose to all this practice, but the practices and language vary remarkably.
Old 25-07-2023, 06:55 AM
Newbie ;)

John Kabat Zinn's words in Full Catastrophe Living always stuck with me. The jist of his view is that the word meditation is like the word sport: it's extremely general and can't be narrowed down to a specific practice or goal.

Each form of meditation has specific goals and its own way of achieving them. Sure, there is a deep underlying purpose to all this practice, but the practices and language vary remarkably.