Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Experiencer

I doubt that there's any conspiracy involved. I think the programming is just idiotic.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 AM
cMarie

I have been without tv for years now, although I do watch movies and Netflix sometimes. I think it is good for me, and my kids.

Now when I think of how many hours I used to spend in front of the tube, even watching things again I had seen before I just can't see where I had the time!

When I am at my friends house, she has the tv on all day and night and I find it so exhausting I often have to take a nap!

So for me, getting rid of tv has helped me spiritually, as the time I used to spend watching it can and is now put to better use.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Ascender
That depends how much TV you see :O) well some people (me inclusive) place a rose quarts near the tv duo to the magnetic interference that comes from the tv... but i rather like to be in control and adjust my use of it that´n getting rid of it..
there is a balance in life that we try to find and balanced for me is not getting rid of the learning situation.. but we all have our ways and I respect yours..

Be at peace be full of love, life is wonderful

With peaceful and love from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 AM
sesheta

I would agree that TV only affects you as much as you allow it to...

I watch some TV, of course- never the news, but I love watching Animal Planet/National Geographic. There are some excellent documentaries/programs on the History, or Discovery channels.... I watch shows about paranormal investigation...I can't resist watching re-runs of the original Star Trek series...and other than that....my only other real addictions are Storage Wars, and The Walking Dead (yes, my boyfriend turned me into a zombie fan, lolol!)
That, and I will catch Dr. Phil when I can - I love Dr. Phil!!

So it does really depend on what you watch, and how many hours you spend sitting in front of it, not moving. Many times, while I'm watching TV, I'm also on my step machine, doing push-ups, etc...so I'm getting exercise at the same time
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
mark payne

Frank muir (google him) once said,
"With the radio you could do your ironing, and listen to the radio, with television, you have to sit and watch it."
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
Watching tv too much can waste your time, put you into an alpha-wave semi-trance, where you are open to suggestion, (advertisers KNOW that!) and get you stuck into a hardly-here and never-there kind of state, where you ignore reality, and get really numbed-up. REAL reality..such as sharing love and attention with your family, what it smells like on a country walk on a summer's evening, what it feels like to share a bottle of wine and some good food, and conversation with friends....talking to your mum on the phone....connecting soul silently with your pet...etc
Mind you, internet forums do that too, so do you tube videos, so do books!
I guess it's nice to have some numb down-time sometimes though. And the good thing about tv for hyper active people is it keeps us sitting still for a while so we can have a rest!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Master
I actually think watching tv is the perfect way to relax, and do nothing. With life being so rushed, and watching tv is a good way to wind down.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Experiencer

It ha been proven tht the government manipulates us through tv. It also puts us in a hypnotic state. Go on you tube and look up subliminal message, tv or advertizing. It sure shoked the heck out of me with how they are trying to control us through sublimials, flashes of words only our subconsciounce picks up and all of the celebrities that make us feel that we are not as beautiful.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Experiencer

The news is the worse. They put fear into us so we dont question authority regarding wars.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Darren_Nexus

TV does not harm spirituality at all if there is a show that a religious person does not like then dont watch it simple as that. But in the case of EVP spiritual energy is electrical in a way similar to our brainwaves.