Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 16-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Master
Interesting view point Spirit I like it.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-06-2011, 08:15 AM
SpiritVoices

Thank you Spirit, I do try.
Old 17-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Master
LOL Spirit well I like how you try :)
Spiritlite.
Old 17-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
If it were up to me I'd not have a tv set in our home, but my husband enjoys tv so I have two tv sets in our home.
When I was in college and before I met my husband I didn'[t have tv and I noticed that I was not influenced by tv in that I had a high self esteem, I was more free, and I was more spiritual.
Do you think that the govt, controls us thru tv? Do you think they send subliminal messages or waves to us when we watch and so we are controlled by the govt?
What do you think
Spiritlite:dark1:

A television is a device, it is a tool. Like so many (Such as fire, computers etc.) any harm that comes from that device comes from how it is used (Or misused). There are no subliminal messages, no invisible mind control rays, or anything of the sort. Harm from watching TV is the same as it is for anything else that can be misused.

Here is an example:
Let's say you like wine. Drink too much and you become drunk, stay drunk most of the time and you have a problem. The wine isn't evil, the wine isn't bad, the wine just wine, your overindulgence is the problem.

As the old adage goes, all things in moderation. I think people make up this stuff about subliminal messages so they can attach a negative effect to a benign activity which allows them to justify avoiding or condemning it as something "bad".

Last edited by Scibat : 17-06-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 17-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Master
Scibat that's interesting too...I dont' know if I have an opinion about the matter really I just really enjoy reading all of your responses.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Scibat that's interesting too...I dont' know if I have an opinion about the matter really I just really enjoy reading all of your responses.
Spiritlite.

Wow, thanks Spiritlite. I always get the impression many of my posts annoy a lot of people here, (including the staff) so hearing that someone likes them is a very pleasant surprise. Thank you again!
Old 17-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Master
LOL Scibat...I like a debate and different opinions...people have to realize it's a forum and a community where people have different opinions and that we have to learn about others' opinions I feel so we know where the other is coming from.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Scibat

Quote:
LOL Scibat...I like a debate and different opinions...people have to realize it's a forum and a community where people have different opinions and that we have to learn about others' opinions I feel so we know where the other is coming from.
Spiritlite.

You make an excellent point, wish there were more like you around.
Old 18-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
Thanks Scibat :)
Spiritlite
Old 31-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Student4Life1975

i dont think they harm our spirituality, as long as we ignore commercials, and mindless programming. there are many programs however, that i use for educational purposes, like documentaries, national geographic, A & E, and admittadly, the space channel (i like sci fi). but i avoid the news at all costs as i feel the doom and gloom manifest in me when i watch it. i would rather be uninformed and happy, than informed and depressed, in this case anyways.
the govt control is implemented mostly through television, and the subliminal messages that come with it. there have been many times where i suddenly crave something, and have no idea where it came from, and can only attribute it to commercials ive seen over and over again.