Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 20-07-2014, 09:07 AM
aadi007

Are auras a real concept?

Hii folks, now dont get thermonuclear on me. I came across JREF, james randi educational foundation. Now they give 1 million who will demonstrate their paranormal power, like seeing aura, prediction, premonition , astral projection etc. now i came across this

Furthermore, the best aura reader in the West was tested before a live television audience and failed miserably. The Berkeley Psychic Institute (BPI) sent their top aura reader for a chance to win $10,000 if she could prove her powers. She agreed that the devised test was a fair and accurate. The test was televised on a program hosted by Bill Bixby. James Randi put up the $10,000. The psychic was presented with about twenty people on stage and was asked if she could see their auras. She said that she could see the auras, they all had one and they emanated at least a foot or two above each person's head. The twenty aura-wearing people then went offstage. A curtain was lifted, revealing a number of partitions behind which only some of the twenty people were standing. Thus, Bixby and the psychic were looking at twenty partitions but only several of them had a person behind it. The psychic was asked if she could see any auras creeping up above the partitions. She said she could. To get her ten grand all she had to do was correctly identify each partition that had a person behind it. She was to do this by seeing each person's aura above the partition. The audience was given an aerial camera view of the proceeding. Well, the psychic claimed that she saw an aura above all the partitions and that there was a person behind each partition. The partitions were removed, revealing about 6 people behind the partitions. The psychic didn't even seem surprised. She might console herself that 6 out of 20 is not bad in a hostile arena.

Of course, the test only demonstrates the lack of aura reading power of one person, not that there is no such thing as an aura or that auras are not indicative of mental, emotional and physical health or sickness. However, Randi's offer is still open to any psychic who wants to try it, except that now the prize is over $1,000,000. Hurry, though, the offer ends March 6, 2010.* Why is there not a line of psychics outside Randi's house? If what the psychics say is true about auras and reading them, taking this money would be easier than taking candy from a baby. Even if there are no poor psychics who need the money, they might still demonstrate their powers and give the prize to their favorite charity.

Is this real?
The link to this is. http://www.skepdic.com/auras.html

Now i have seen people claiming here they can see auras, and do lots of stuff.
Now if a person is giving you chance to take 1 million just to give the demonstration of how you see auras then why dont take it. It i would have able to see auras i might have dashed there before someone can. You can buy a ferrari with that money!!!!!!. So my question is why people in this forum dont take that challenge, if you didnt know about this then you know now, rush there before someone else gets there.

Some clarification --

I am not defaming anyone or the knowledge
I am just saying if someone can see the auras why dont take the challenge, if its not for money, then do it for the sake of knowledge.
The challenge is flexible, you can design your own challenge.

So i was just wondering, if no one was able to demonstrate paranormal powers, are these just a illusions of mind, feelings induced by mind....
Just a thought.
Thanks anyway, no thermonuclear explosion..........
Old 20-07-2014, 01:07 PM
elisi

whether or not a person can see and aura or not doesn't mean they don't exist.

auras are not some kind of 'woo woo'. they are a person's electromagnetic field. all life, humans, animals and even plants have them.

it's science.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Guide
How would one prove what they see?

Personally I think that to profit from a gift would be wrong, ethically. Every person sees things differently.

How would you explain a person being able to find a dead body. A body that has been dead for 10 years or more and the police haven't been able to find. This person has been missing for years and no one was able to find her. This has happened with some mediums being able to help police find people or even criminals.

Just as many skeptics are out there are people who have had experiences with the supernatural.

I don't want to argue. I am just stating my opinion based on my personal experiences.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 20-07-2014, 01:42 PM
aadi007

Quote:

Personally I think that to profit from a gift would be wrong, ethically. Every person sees things differently.

Spiritcarrier, the question is not about ethical or unethical, if it is exist and you can see it then there is no problem in proving it. Have you not read the test they performed on member of BPI. The test is conducted with the consent of contestant. The contestant agreed fot that kind of test, so he knew he could prove that what he saw. Just my thoughts.
And you can even design your test.
As much as i know you can talk with spirits, so why not take the test, i guess you might win. And if your worried about making profit from your powers, donate it to some NGO, or best give it to me, atleast i will buy a ferrari.
Old 20-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier

How would you explain a person being able to find a dead body. A body that has been dead for 10 years or more and the police haven't been able to find. This person has been missing for years and no one was able to find her. This has happened with some mediums being able to help police find people or even criminals.

Just as many skeptics are out there are people who have had experiences with the supernatural.

I don't want to argue. I am just stating my opinion based on my personal experiences.

Peace and Light,
SC

Exactly--you made the point for me. No two people will see them the same, so how do you "prove" the claim (and collect the $1 million)?
Old 20-07-2014, 03:18 PM
OftheSun

here is my experience.

I have no reason to doubt that auras exist. I feel like I've seen them, as in some sort of glow around some thing, but never colors or anything that meant anything to me beyond, "look that thing has an energy field"

I have had people who "read" auras read mine, and they have never told me anything useful or even interesting or surprising. 'oh, I see blue, you must have an interest in spirituality..." well, since I was having my aura read...that is a likely thing.

Maybe I just have a boring or secretive aura?

However, I use my own aura in visualizations and find it all kinds of useful.
Old 20-07-2014, 03:51 PM
elisi

i too have seen auras-and not some faint glow that could be a trick of the eye. one time i saw a hawaiian holy woman abd her she was encased in bright neon blue.

i also had a psychic look at my aura and tell me what she saw. this was in a class i took a friend to. she used me as an example for the class to use.

she said our auras change with emotions. she first asked me to be calm. then she asked me to think of something that made me extremely happy. so i thought of my granddaughter, who was 3 at the time. this woman did not know me but told me she saw a little curly headed girl in my aura.

don't know how to explain it except-it's real. like i said, the aura itself is a scientific fact. not all people can see them just like not all people hear high frequency sounds like others can.
Old 20-07-2014, 04:19 PM
aadi007

Quote:
Exactly--you made the point for me. No two people will see them the same, so how do you "prove" the claim (and collect the $1 million)?

No two persons aura will be the same that i know, but it is hard to accept that two different people who can see the full aura of a person may see aura of a certain person differently than each other. If it is the case then their mind have disorder named synaesthesia
---------------------

In the October 2004 issue of Cognitive Neuropsychology (vol. 21 no. 7), Dr. Jamie Ward of University College London’s Psychology Department "documented a woman known as GW who could see colors like purple and blue in response to people she knew or their names when read to her," a condition known as emotion-color synesthesia.

Synaesthesia is a condition found in 1 in 2000 people in which stimulation of one sense produces a response in one or more of the other senses. For example, people with synaesthesia may experience shapes with tastes or smells with sounds. It is thought to originate in the brain and some scientists believe it might be caused by a cross-wiring in the brain, for example between centres involved in emotional processing and smell perception. Synaesthesia is known to run in families.*

Dr. Ward writes:

The ability of some people to see the coloured auras of others has held an important place in folklore and mysticism throughout the ages. Although many people claiming to have such powers could be charlatans, it is also conceivable that others are born with a gift of synaesthesia.
------------------

now why stress, if the person can read auras then my idea would be to keep the person in dark room with a group of people. the room should be dark enough so there will be no visibilty. now if the person can see aura then it will be no problem to see the aura of people present in a room. and there by concluding their total numbers.
Now dont tell me one cant saw aura in dark, that's absurd and illogical.
Now i have already given you the idea, by this you can be face to face with people no obstruction to vision, as some might say we can see aura's but we dont have x-ray vision. The nature of the challenge cancels this argument.

Is there anyone on this forum who have previously said that they can see auras( many have said that, just look through Aura & Chakra forum) this is your chance to get 1 million dollars, if you dont want donate them or give it to me, i wont mind at all.
If there is no one who wish to take challenge then i think this Aura & Chakra forum should be shutdown, as no one is willing to prove. Its like talking, feeling, believing, seeing or i say trying to visualise something that doesnt even exist.
Forum owners i think i have not abused, bad mouthed, defamed anyone or anyones knowledge. The arguments i provided are logical with some basis. So please dont waste your servers storage and networks bandwidth on this specific sub-forum.
I hope someone would take challenge.
Now dont call me atheist or something.
AND NO THERMONUCLEAR EXPLOSION ON THIS POST.
Old 20-07-2014, 04:24 PM
aadi007

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
whether or not a person can see and aura or not doesn't mean they don't exist.

auras are not some kind of 'woo woo'. they are a person's electromagnetic field. all life, humans, animals and even plants have them.

it's science.

Dear elisi, give me a statement from a Renowned scientist or Scientific society that they have accepted Aura concept. I will be happy to know that they have finally accepted this. but until that dont tell me that science have accepted this.
Old 20-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi007
No two persons aura will be the same that i know, but it is hard to accept that two different people who can see the full aura of a person may see aura of a certain person differently than each other. If it is the case then their mind have disorder named synaesthesia
---------------------

In the October 2004 issue of Cognitive Neuropsychology (vol. 21 no. 7), Dr. Jamie Ward of University College London’s Psychology Department "documented a woman known as GW who could see colors like purple and blue in response to people she knew or their names when read to her," a condition known as emotion-color synesthesia.

Synaesthesia is a condition found in 1 in 2000 people in which stimulation of one sense produces a response in one or more of the other senses. For example, people with synaesthesia may experience shapes with tastes or smells with sounds. It is thought to originate in the brain and some scientists believe it might be caused by a cross-wiring in the brain, for example between centres involved in emotional processing and smell perception. Synaesthesia is known to run in families.*

Dr. Ward writes:

The ability of some people to see the coloured auras of others has held an important place in folklore and mysticism throughout the ages. Although many people claiming to have such powers could be charlatans, it is also conceivable that others are born with a gift of synaesthesia.
------------------

now why stress, if the person can read auras then my idea would be to keep the person in dark room with a group of people. the room should be dark enough so there will be no visibilty. now if the person can see aura then it will be no problem to see the aura of people present in a room. and there by concluding their total numbers.
Now dont tell me one cant saw aura in dark, that's absurd and illogical.
Now i have already given you the idea, by this you can be face to face with people no obstruction to vision, as some might say we can see aura's but we dont have x-ray vision. The nature of the challenge cancels this argument.

Is there anyone on this forum who have previously said that they can see auras( many have said that, just look through Aura & Chakra forum) this is your chance to get 1 million dollars, if you dont want donate them or give it to me, i wont mind at all.
If there is no one who wish to take challenge then i think this Aura & Chakra forum should be shutdown, as no one is willing to prove. Its like talking, feeling, believing, seeing or i say trying to visualise something that doesnt even exist.
Forum owners i think i have not abused, bad mouthed, defamed anyone or anyones knowledge. The arguments i provided are logical with some basis. So please dont waste your servers storage and networks bandwidth on this specific sub-forum.
I hope someone would take challenge.
Now dont call me atheist or something.
AND NO THERMONUCLEAR EXPLOSION ON THIS POST.

You really believe this?

Those who "see" auras may or may not be seeing them with their physical eyes. Some see it in their "mind's eye".

Each person may have a different interpretation for colors, or actually SEE different colors of an aura. That doesn't mean it is inaccurate or that they have synesthesia.

You keep challenging people to prove it. How do they do that? Who is the arbiter of when someone is "right"? This is pretty simple. There is no one who can "verify" the aura because this is not a matter of what the eye sees.

Can you not understand this?

Lora