Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 14-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Knower

How would you recognise the decent ones?

I was contemplating the mad things I've been dealing with over the past few months and how it seems to be putting me on the right path, getting me out of the grips of the ego and dropping my negative traits. So I was pondering the idea that maybe there are some good spirits around me. I went into a bit of a trance, I was just staring into the air, feeling abnormally calm, then I saw something that looked like a hand appear then disappear. It was right when I was thinking "maybe there are some good spirits around me". I was scared anyway, I was sitting on the same chair I got attacked on and was bracing myself. Nothing happened though. It made me realise there that even if I saw good ones, I'd be scared of them cuz I have no way of knowing what its about. It happened while I was watching this youtube video by Gnostics, all the stuff they were talking about are things I've been learning by myself, thanks to this serendepitous craziness happening over the years, its almost like theres something around me teaching me these things. Its the kinda stuff you'd usually learn through meditation, figuring to become aware of the ego and its mechanisms and learning how to stop it in its tracks. Its like its my ego thats scared of all this. I think its cuz I watch way too many horror films, but I'd find it real hard to trust a spirit.

If I was some discarnate spirit right now, I'd be pretty trustworthy, so it doesn't make sense why I can't trust a spirit. Well, my first notable encounter involved getting pinned down and attacked, that didn't help much lol. But maybe it was just sending me a message, letting me know its there because anything more subtle I probably would have ignored. Like this thing I saw there, maybe it was a fly, I wasn't staring directly at it so I didn't get a good look. I can rationalise that away no bother. I'm pretty sure if I was hanging around someone alive, I'd be an invisible helping hand. Why not. Just there I heard in my head "you're on your own". At first I took it as a bad thing, but pretty rapidly I thought "maybe this is a way a spirit attachment is trying to trick me into accepting it". That was probably just my subconscious, but thats how I rehearsed the scenario the in my head. How do you tell if a spirit is trustworthy or not?
Old 15-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Knower
Trust your instincts. If it feels bad or off, don't go with it. The ego is terrified of "dying" - you have to remember that we're it's life support! I think the gnostic belief system is beautiful and scary. But to know that we're a part of it, is incredible. We just have to teach these creatures that they can get much more energy from love rather than the fear-based stuff they've been feeding off of.

I know when I have raised my vibration successfully I have met enlightened beings, remember that it's all about vibration - if you are vibrating higher than a lower-vibrational being, it can't access you. I'll never forget her big alien eyes, as they were all I saw. "I am you" she said to me -

Protect yourself, shield yourself - raise your vibration. Set your intention for only meeting beings that can help you. You are a creator! Remember that.
Old 15-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Knower

I don't know much about the gnostics other than their ultimate goal is to end the suffering of all living things. Like the serious kabbalists. I respect that. Raising your vibration sounds good but I think my issue is I'm not vibrating much of anything. Don't have the energy. So I can't teach anyone anything about energy but if you can do that, nice one.

The problem with the ego and its fear of death is that its like a parasite, so whats best for us might be the death of the ego.