Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Master
Hey Lovely

Not your fault okay

Bless you

:)
Old 23-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
From what I understand, if you use your ability to excess "greed" then you will falter and lose your gifts. Her ego and thirst for power has blinded her to spirit. As for Mr. Randi. How can you prove something that cannot even be measured? Science is still trying to understand psychics and how the brain receives, it is a mystery. Even if the proof was right in his face, this guy would find a way to dismiss it. He has his OWN ego issues :P

I don't say this very often, in regards of Sylvia, you might not be right but you are correct. Highly correct, actually.

In regards to the person with his million, who cares.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Experiencer
Like others who have posted, I've also heard that Randi's "test" is suspect - remember this is a test designed by a debunker with his own point to prove and reputation on the line, not someone genuinely or objectively interested in proving whether psychic phenomena are real. And not only is it practically impossible for any psychic to fulfil its terms, even if someone did, I don't think it would make any waves whatsoever. It would simply be brushed under the carpet. People who adamantly disbelieve in something are not going to change their minds because of one scientific test - there have been many scientific experiments proving the validity of psychic phenomena and energy healing, but no proof is ever enough proof because it's just a "fluke" or a "badly managed experiment". If you can't see it or touch it, it's not "proof", just a coincidence.

The psychic debunkers (who seem to have entirely misappropriated the word "skeptic") insist that if they can't see or feel the spirit world with their physical senses it doesn't exist. But spirit cannot be felt with physical senses - it is everything the physical is not, and requires a different set of senses. Of course, a person who does not believe there are additional senses to develop will not develop them, so they will continue to believe the physical is all there is. If a fish in the deep sea has never seen air why should it believe it exists? Better to leave the air to the birds.
Old 24-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Triad

I do believe Randi's Challenge ended some time ago...

Quote:
End of skeptic James Randi's million dollar challenge

David Pescovitz at 8:31 AM Tuesday, Jan 8, 2008

For ten years, skeptic magician James Randi has offered a million dollars to "anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event." He's just announced that the James Randi Educational Foundation is discontinuing the Million-Dollar Challenge two years from now. The money will be freed, he says, "to generally add to our flexibility" and enable the group "to do many more projects." From his note on the matter:

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/08...tic-james.html

The problem is you cannot hire an Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor for a Cardiac problem...Hence asking a Scientist who is not a Psychiatrist or even a Philosopher about Consciousness is not really a legitimate inquiry...

Modern Scientists are no where near the appropriate context in relation to, actually and Properly representing Psi experimentally in a context that addresses the World population. A considerable percentage of which, are Indigenous...

To prove the Paranormal was valid one would have to do something like bend every spoon on the planet ....and do it over and over again until it became such a nuance the issue ended on CNN and another way would be to raise all the dead in my opinion..... If any group of Scientist presented Psi as valid it simply is not enough..And there is simply a problem in relation to preforming proper samples of the population...Scientifically speaking...

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Triad : 24-02-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 24-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Master
Detlef I agree totally ..

quote :

In regards to the person with his million, who cares.

:)
Old 24-02-2011, 02:35 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I didn't know that. Maybe this challenge is just for his publicity?
So he can tell everyone debunked *insert famed medium*.

Oh, I'm sure that he sees it as a weeding-out process, you know, making sure that only the "legitimate" ones make it that far. You know, because pop culture has such a wonderful track record of separating the wheat from the chaff.

CS
Old 24-02-2011, 02:41 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Triad, check the link in the OP, it's dated October 2008, after your article. He must have restarted it.
Old 24-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
The psychic debunkers (who seem to have entirely misappropriated the word "skeptic") insist that if they can't see or feel the spirit world with their physical senses it doesn't exist.
No, Randi and various other ''debunkers'' don't say that. They are very sceptical of psychic claims though.

Old 24-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Master
gee ... if i were so psy talented that i could produce impressive and indisputable phenom at will i'd avoid publicity at all costs. i mean, look what happened to that guy who could miraculously multiply fishes and loaves of bread to feed his audience lunch.
Old 24-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Master
LOL Internal.
Spiritlite.