Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Master
Self honesty...really? So now you can earn the capacity for awareness in the pure truth by being honest?

Well, self deception and self denial can certainly get in the way, as do any patterns of resistance in the mind.

Seeing through the self-identity veil to what is beyond is quite a different thing.

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Master
Mathew: Can you prove scientifically that you are who you say you are?

The proof to each of us that we exist is we are aware of our existence, and of what we experience. (Is that what you are saying, Mathew?)

Consciousness in the silent whole truth is all the proof of it we can have.

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING, HONEST TO WHO, WHAT SELF ?.
Gee I dunno.... maybe the same self that ends up in therapy after years of self dishonesty..hehehehe..
Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Master
Psychoslice: ...at that moment I sort of disapeared into something that looked and felt like pure space, in that space I could see all, I could actually see that we all were One

This is It, in honest simplicity.

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 AM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi James, most certainly I agree with you on that level, but what I call truth which can never be what truly Is, is what I myself experienced, in this experience some how I knew what it was all about.

One night when I was so ov whelmed with depression I just fell onto, y bed and gave into whatever it was, at that moment I sort of disapeared into something that looked and felt like pure space, in that space I could see all, I could actually see that we all were One, of course I have read something about this oneness before but I had no idea what it truly was.

For me this experience was truth reflected back at me, and that is all I needed, after this experience my whole life changed, all was truth, everything that was around me and not just within me.

I had no idea what happened to me until I started to read books such as Tolle and Tony Parson, now I had a label, but I know that the label can never be what IS.

So as Robert I really don't know what truth is, but within Robert there is a Knowing, and from there I try to live my life, of course every now and then I fall downstairs, but then all I do is get up and go back upstairs, from there I am the watchman. Gee I carry on don't I lol.
Thanks for sharing this psychoslice...very interesting. I've noticed a pattern that seems to occur when the ego or will is broken down, i.e. a point of surrender/feeling "spent" is reached. This provides the right conditons for inducing a profoundly transforming experience. The irony being that, what is experienced, isn't easily verbalized!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
...if you have your own truth it can be perceived as a lie as it's not truthfulness but only your own truth.

Yes... in the relative world there are many relative truths. In the abstract universe there is a singular absolute Truth.

(Apologies to those who are bugged by caps, but it fits for me.)

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Self honesty............?

Do you think Bin Laden was not honest with his self? Do you think that he was consciously deceiving himself?.

Self honesty...really? So now you can earn the capacity for awareness in the pure truth by being honest?l
lol I have no idea what that's about. I think when we separate ourselves into groups -- those who've experienced God and the others who haven't yet... that shows a lack of self-honesty because what is the purpose of making that distinction? What motivation would be behind needing to point out that I've had an experience of God and you haven't?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Master
Those who experience the oneness / the peace of god / pure awareness know that in essence we are all the same. Any sense that the distinction between knowing and not knowing means superiority is false... no matter who is perceiving it.

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Gee I dunno.... maybe the same self that ends up in therapy after years of self dishonesty..hehehehe..
Yes but what self, the ego ?, the ego is the only true devil, it loves to lie.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Master
Yes but what self, the ego ?, the ego is the only true devil, it loves to lie.

And that would be the point of self-honesty... to see through the lies, otherwise one is trapped in unrecognized self-deceiving.

Xan