Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM
FMC40

It was once explained to me like this:
The soul is who you are, the intelligence, emotions and will.
The spirit is your deeper "self", your inner core.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Like Ms Hepburn I must admit to being utterly lost and confused on the subject. Of personal experience I can only say I've discovered what amount to 3 nearly separate beings inside myself, separate yet One. Each having it's unique experience but the experiences also experienced by the other two through their own filter.
They are what I call:
Body (confined to the 3D realm, holds 5 of the senses)
Mind (personality/me, has additional senses and is the operator of the body and can direct the intuitions of the Spirit to the Body))
Spirit (etheric/Eternal aspect which guides quietly and is not confined to the 3D realms/currently resides in this body)

The above is new to me, that is, the three separate beings in one body. Interesting.

There are a few times in heightened moments of awareness when I have sensed something else, far away, remote, in a much higher realm/vibration/dimension, and it is aware of this trinity experiencing the 3D construct ona planet called Earth and recording/noting particular experiences which it somehow places relevance upon. I call it Over-Soul for lack of a better word and there's this feeling I'm just one of several 'nerve endings' of it currently incarnation in various places.

If it is true that we are consciousness expanding then at some point, the soul/consciousness "becomes too wide to be contained within the framework of a single personality" or body. I have come across mention of multiple incarnations, some on earth and others on different planets at the same 'time'.

If I put it in the language of Gamers I would say I am an avatar and it is the Being behind the computer screen at the keyboard and it has several other characters it plays on the same account.

Beyond Over-Self is something else, it is omnipresent, I feel it's energy everywhere, sense it everywhere...I think of it as All That Is/Source/Creator/God/Father/Master of the Infinite.

What Mystery life is!

Perhaps this is helpful.http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=52562
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
The above is new to me, that is, the three separate beings in one body. Interesting.
It was to me to, it was through the proverbial Dark Night of the Soul and deep internal exploring that the discovery came. Currently I'm working on how they can work together in unison, it is surprisingly difficult. Mind/Personality, while knowing it's not the totality of the Self, is so accustomed to thinking it is that it has a hard time sharing space in the Body with Spirit. It is not yet humble enough and still thinks thinking can solve and explain everything.

Quote:
If it is true that we are consciousness expanding then at some point, the soul/consciousness "becomes too wide to be contained within the framework of a single personality" or body. I have come across mention of multiple incarnations, some on earth and others on different planets at the same 'time'.

I sense on a Spirit level and through Spirit that this is correct and a profound insight Bluegreen.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen

God, All That Is, the Absolute etc. is always described as Spirit. Since we are One we are therefore spirits having a soul, at least that's how I see it.

Are there other terms in Spirit, or are terms something for humans? In Spirit there isn't the same need to identify one from the other so there is less need for identities as we have them, perhaps you as BlueGreen and I as Greenslade in this dimension is necessary and a product of Separation but in the Spirit realms? Perhaps there would be less need to use 'Spirit' and 'Soul' where the lines between the two just don't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I call it Over-Soul for lack of a better word and there's this feeling I'm just one of several 'nerve endings' of it currently incarnation in various places.

If I put it in the language of Gamers I would say I am an avatar and it is the Being behind the computer screen at the keyboard and it has several other characters it plays on the same account.

Beyond Over-Self is something else, it is omnipresent, I feel it's energy everywhere, sense it everywhere...I think of it as All That Is/Source/Creator/God/Father/Master of the Infinite.

Lobsang Rampa called it the Overself, a being that had connections to several others - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen

Which is explained nicely with the Overself. Someone also used the term 'energy gestalt' which also fits nicely. An energy gestalt is a part of the conciousness that has chosen to experience separately from the 'main body' as an individual - the Soul is a gestalt of Spirit, not separate but having chosen to experience itself as such.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Greenslade
Are there other terms in Spirit, or are terms something for humans? In Spirit there isn't the same need to identify one from the other so there is less need for identities as we have them, perhaps you as BlueGreen and I as Greenslade in this dimension is necessary and a product of Separation but in the Spirit realms? Perhaps there would be less need to use 'Spirit' and 'Soul' where the lines between the two just don't exist.

Terms are something for humans I guess because of the use of language. I suppose the mode of communication in the 'spirit world' is different. What I am thinking of is instant whole packets of concepts.

The need for identities is probably dependent upon what spirit realm one is in. The closer to All That Is and the closer to the Void, the less need for identities. However, I do not believe the sense of individuality is ever lost.

I think the dividing line between Soul and Spirit is the same as between Body and Soul.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

"We are the dream of the Universe
We are the whim of the Infinite
The breath and the breather
The enemy and the friend
If this is illusion
I'll bow to it
..."

From The Afterlife of Billy Fingers by Annie Kagan