Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-06-2015, 05:34 PM
merlinonline

Actinolite

I have an interest in rocks, minerals and gem stones from the UK. I was browsing an online shop and came across Actinolite and was interested in what this particular piece was used for.

Quote:
Metaphysical Healing Properties of Actinolite: Actinolite is also known as Silver Aura and is thought connect to our higher awareness, bringing spiritual body, mind and soul into balance. It is thought to assist the metaphysical body in adjusting to changes or recovery from traumatic experiences in life. It is a crystal that is thought to give you the feel good factor. It is useful for those who have encountered resistance or blockages on their spiritual path and will stimulate spiritual growth.

I then found a piece of rock for sale that had been obtained from a Cornish mine. Great just what I am looking for! However when I looked it up on Minerals.net I had a bit of a shock!

Quote:
Actinolite and Tremolite are two very similar minerals that form a series with each other and essentially share the same chemical formula. Actinolite has a greater presence of iron over magnesium, whereas Tremolite has a greater presence of magnesium over iron.

Actinolite and Tremolite both contain a form of asbestos which is made of movable and elastic fibers. Actinolite asbestos is less common; most forms are in fact Tremolite. This form of the mineral contains significant health hazards

I have found several others examples of gemstones/rocks that are hazardous to health such as Stibnite. Only a few retailers seem to out warnings out that something may be dangerous to health others seem blissfully unaware.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 AM
Master
Don't make gem elixirs out of them! lol

Malachite is a rather dangerous one if ingested via elixirs or tonics.

Natural and man made glow in the dark type rocks can also be very dangerous depending what is causing it to glow, which could be a form of degrading isotope. Another thing one probably wouldn't want in their house.

One that endlessly surprises me that no one bothers to mention is iridescent rainbows/phantoms in Smokey Quartz. Sure they look pretty as can be, but under the right conditions or energy build-ups flash and release radiation. Yikes!
Old 10-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Master
Oh well ... okay, I admit, asbestos does freak me out.
On the other hand side, we're surrounded by so many things that radiate and pose a possible health risk...
Recently came to my attention that energy saving light bulbs are like a chemical plant in your home. When they're on, they emit stuff that can cause cancer. They're basically lethal ...
As you can't buy normal light bulbs anymore, most people will likely have these chemical things in their homes ...

Anything synthetic disturbs our aura, and when our aura gets weak, we can get ill more easily as aura/light bodies are connected with the physical one.
Synthetic is nylons, plastics etc. We all got it in our homes, wall to wall carpeting, rugs, laminate, curtains, settees, mattresses we sleep on, clothes, shoes and so on and so forth.

As for intake ... we have to trust our governments to provide us with healthy water. But these days there are so many chemicals, remnants of pesticides, antibiotics etc etc in our drinking water ... that it ain't healthy at all anymore. And many of these things accumulate in the body, as the body cannot get rid of certain substances... taxing our livers, which we cannot do without.

In the UK water can't be healthy either. It has SO much chlorine in it... that must have an effect on ppl's health? I mean, you use chlorine to bleach and kill, and UK ppl consume that each and every day, for their entire lives? I remember drinking water in Australia had the same thing. Understandable as it's tropical (in the north) so they'd need it to kill off germs etc. But in the UK???

Anyway, just saying that crystals may not be the worst nor most dangerous in our lives ...