Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 18-10-2018, 05:59 AM
Rah nam Rah nam is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,400
  Rah nam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
IMO they do. There is no time on the other side, hence even if a person was dead for just a minute or an hour it can feel like an eternity for them on the other side. What they experience is consistent with what Mediums and people who practice past-life hypnosis say about the afterlife.

So I look at the whole picture not just one account.


sf




Sorry this is not correct, and I assume we talk about the non physical earth realm were there is no perception of time, yet the flow of events is not much different then in the physical earth realm.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18-10-2018, 09:58 PM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 311
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
Sorry this is not correct, and I assume we talk about the non physical earth realm were there is no perception of time, yet the flow of events is not much different then in the physical earth realm.

It's very much different. When we speak about events we use time, because we are temporal beings and we can only comprehend events in sequence. Time is a variable that is useful for measuring things that follow the laws of physics. For example if you could know what I was thinking simultaneously as I was thinking it, how would you processes time? Now if you processes this on a scale as large as the universe how do you processes time?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18-10-2018, 10:29 PM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 311
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
We'll have to agree to differ but near-death is near-death and not actual death. Experiences may be similar to a point but can't be exactly similar in all respects.

NDE accounts can, however, be helpful to introduce some individuals to the notion of survival beyond death.

I never liked the term myself, because some people who have crossed over were not having a "near death experience", they were having a death experience. Bodies have been pronounced clinically dead and have come back to life.

Regarding our experiences in the afterlife no two accounts will be the same, because it's based on our lived experiences.

Cheers

sf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 19-10-2018, 05:59 AM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 286
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
I never liked the term myself, because some people who have crossed over were not having a "near death experience", they were having a death experience. Bodies have been pronounced clinically dead and have come back to life.

Regarding our experiences in the afterlife no two accounts will be the same, because it's based on our lived experiences.

Cheers

sf

You may not like the term but 'near death' simply describes the condition of someone who appeared to be close to death.

Using the term 'crossing over' doesn't make it any clearer because a visit to etheric regions during a near death event isn't exactly similar to the event when the spirit leaves the body BUT DOESN'T RETURN.

That's actual death and clinical death may, or may not, reflect that situation but can't determine whether the spirit has severed its ties to the physical body.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19-10-2018, 07:03 AM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 311
  soulforce's Avatar
I don't like it because it's not always accurate.

Quote:
Using the term 'crossing over' doesn't make it any clearer because a visit to etheric regions during a near death event isn't exactly similar to the event when the spirit leaves the body BUT DOESN'T RETURN.

A dead body does not influence the conscious state of the individual.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19-10-2018, 07:34 AM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 286
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
I don't like it because it's not always accurate.



A dead body does not influence the conscious state of the individual.
In a dead body there is no conscious - or unconscious - state of being of any individual. That individual has ceased to be a functioning human, the body no longer animated by the spirit that once animated it.

If that's not the case then the body wasn't dead.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 19-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Busby Busby is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 999
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Just a note that accounts of near-death experiences may not illustrate the situation experienced after actual death.

Absolutely. The journey we all have travelling from our mother's womb into the light has nothing to do with living. But it may well have been a fantastic journey out of the darkness.
I've just been reading (again) William Walker Atkinson's The Astral World
- I followed it by re-reading his Kybalion 3 - The Secret Teachings of The Rosacrucionists* (I may have this word wrong, my books are in German and I'll let it go at that as you'll know what I mean). The description WWA gives of the Astral World has parts which show nothing but dogma. By this I mean that religion lifts its ugly head and seeks to bind us to rules and regulations instead of freedom.
I live in a country where assisted suicide is legal. If need be I'll use this gateway myself - based upon, among other things, the free will we all so eagerly speak of.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 998
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
It's very much different. When we speak about events we use time, because we are temporal beings and we can only comprehend events in sequence. Time is a variable that is useful for measuring things that follow the laws of physics. For example if you could know what I was thinking simultaneously as I was thinking it, how would you processes time? Now if you processes this on a scale as large as the universe how do you processes time?

You raise a very astute point here.

I practice conscious sleep and can watch dream formation from start to finish. As the dream state is unfolding, there is no time. As the dream ends, there is no time. Time appears, as you duly noted, when it is necessary for coordination of events in a particular sequence. In this case, they are dream events. (As above, so below. The implications are intriguing and illuminating.)

If one can understand to some extent the nature of the Cosmic Play of Consciousness, then the concept of time (and it is a useful concept) becomes clearer. In unitary consciousness, time becomes unnecessary.

In the transcendent, clear-minded, still state of consciousness, one can know simultaneously what you are thinking as you are thinking it (telepathy). In such cases, time also becomes irrelevant and unnecessary.

In the past, I had difficulty understanding the so-called "illusion of time". By watching dream formation from start to finish, it became clearer. Of course, events proceed naturally with or without time depending on one's state of consciousness. (To function in the world, however, it is generally necessary to be aware of the time convention. LOL)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19-10-2018, 02:45 PM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 311
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
In a dead body there is no conscious - or unconscious - state of being of any individual. That individual has ceased to be a functioning human, the body no longer animated by the spirit that once animated it.

If that's not the case then the body wasn't dead.


Consciousness is continuous. You cannot experience a state of "unconsciousness". The body doesn't create consciousness it filters it. Even if the body was never dead to begin with, the soul doesn't stick around waiting for things to improve.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 19-10-2018, 02:56 PM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 311
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
You raise a very astute point here.

I practice conscious sleep and can watch dream formation from start to finish. As the dream state is unfolding, there is no time. As the dream ends, there is no time. Time appears, as you duly noted, when it is necessary for coordination of events in a particular sequence. In this case, they are dream events. (As above, so below. The implications are intriguing and illuminating.)

If one can understand to some extent the nature of the Cosmic Play of Consciousness, then the concept of time (and it is a useful concept) becomes clearer. In unitary consciousness, time becomes unnecessary.

In the transcendent, clear-minded, still state of consciousness, one can know simultaneously what you are thinking as you are thinking it (telepathy). In such cases, time also becomes irrelevant and unnecessary.

In the past, I had difficulty understanding the so-called "illusion of time". By watching dream formation from start to finish, it became clearer. Of course, events proceed naturally with or without time depending on one's state of consciousness. (To function in the world, however, it is generally necessary to be aware of the time convention. LOL)

It's very interesting that souls on the other side can communicate with intent.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums