Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Suspended
Storing Cards

The book that came with my oracle cards recommends storing them in either a wooden chest or a leather pouch to protect the deck from contamination. At the moment they're in a shoe box in my general storage, next to the wall adjoining the bath room. I wonder if they'll be ok there.

How to you store your cards, do you keep them safe from contamination, or just put them on the shelf?
Old 28-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Ascender
the books always reflect the preferences of the author, mine are in the boxes they came in, in a little plastic storage thing. One set came with biggest box ever so I keep them in a pink pencil case/ make up bag (got after the cards). store them however you feel is best. Maybe out of direct sunlight though. contamination wise even stored in a chest I would want to give them a clean now and then, some people do after every use. You could use crystals, salt, sage... loads of different ways. I hope you like your new cards.

Link is for when and how to cleanse if your interested

https://www.biddytarot.com/how-to-cl...r-tarot-cards/
Old 28-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Master

Hello,

I actually don't believe in "contamination", well, other than commonsense "don't store them in the bathroom because they'll get mouldy" kind of contamination

My cards are all over the shop - some in boxes, some in piles, some have been on my dining table for days.

When I first got a deck of cards I was very precious about then, wrapped up in silk and put in a carved wooden box - honestly to me there is no difference between then and now (if anything, I'm a WAY better reader now due to experience) :)

To each their own though, one's relationship with their cards is quite personal so do whatever feels right to you.
Old 28-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Mine are all shelved on a book shelf. I am a collector so I like to look at what I got. However, like Tealily, mine are all over the place too lol. I always have about 2 to 3 decks around me, outside their boxes. Sometimes I leave them on the floor, because I do meditation practices on my hard wooden floors with crystals. If the spread is awesome I may just leave it there all day for my viewing pleasure haha
I use them so much no need for storing... No matter how delicate you are with them, if you use them a lot they will wear out anyways, hands are naturally oily too. I always try to scrub my hands before playing with them and they still get worn out
Old 28-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Suspended
Ok well having done a web search as well before posting here it seem most people do what suits them best.

I forgot that I have some sage stored away so I put the deck with that for now. I think I'd prefer to keep them handy though, so I'll see how it goes. They would make a great decoration to have on the shelf.

Thanks for the insights!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Seeker

Hi
I don't think it matters much how you store them.

inomminate
Old 14-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Newbie ;)

I store mine in the bag that crown royal comes in it travels well and fits anywhere.
Old 15-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Ascender
Lol azygous I googled crown royal thought it might be a fag box, was thinking I need some fag box sized cards... slightly disappointed now. So how many people think your an alcoholic if your going around with a whisky box lol.good idea though. I need to look into some travel boxes, I hate having me tarot on display.
Old 23-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Guide

i thought that if i keep my deck in the box it came, i would keep it intact. i lost one card at least one year ago.
today i finally decided to throw away that box, and found a clean, unused makeup case/wallet thing that closes with a zipper. they fit nicely in there, with space to spare, lol
Old 19-05-2017, 12:59 AM
Newbie ;)

A pretty home for your favorite decks is nice, but not necessary.
The main thing is humidity control. I had some decks in storage once, one stuck together, one blistered. The others were OK - it just depends how they're made.
Of the ruined decks, one was in a double crocheted cotton bag, the other was in the manufacturer's tuckbox.
I have decks contained in wood, silk, cardboard, you name it. None of these is foolproof, but any is fine in a climate controlled home.