Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-11-2014, 05:27 PM
starcrazyangel

Was this astral travel? Posting here too...

Aaah... Sunday night. Hope you're all good.

I posted this exact thread in Dreams thread. But it seems appropriate here too. Hope that's ok.

I've been using isochronic tones and binaural beats for around a year now.

I would like to get your opinions on the use of these, btw.

Started off as just for fun and a bit or experimenting but things have started changing and I really need help with figuring out what is what.

Since I started using Theta waves (about a month ago), I have had sleep paralysis four times. Not scary. Just profound, I guess. There was a time recently too where I was really drowsy whilst watching TV but each time I closed my eyes to drift off, a strong rushing feeling came on, my hearing became distorted and I heard a loud, sharp popping sound in my head . That WAS frightening. I fixed it by getting up, turning on all the lights and walking it out a bit, and then it was gone. Was that a precursor to astral travel if I had allowed myself to drift off?

Since then the most amazing thing happened. In all of these, the strong rush and distorted sound thing happened. I'm pretty sure I achieved astral projection. BUT... I need you guys to give me some guidance on whether it REALLY was.

The first time it happened, I THINK I became lucid in one of my dreams, during a scene at a point were I made a decision to outstretch my arms and fall, in a standing, upright position towards the ground.

Whatever was going on around me at that point, I interrupted, and said something like "hang on a sec everyone, I need to do something".

I remember seeing the ground come towards my face, but I went straight through it.

I then felt a bit like I had woken up, my eyes were still closed but everything around me was golden with a purple, shimmering outline. A face (a bit like the typical "Greys" shape appeared but it looked like it was trying to tell me that I was trespassing. I lifted my hand (literally, physically) and my hand appeared in the field of vision where this face was, and pushed it away whilst telling it "no!" and it went. Moving my hand was a bit like moving through treacle but graceful too. I then looked at my body, to see if the rest of me looked the same, I physically moved my head to pan around, and it did.

I became unnerved and came around.

... and breathe... !

I made two consequent attempts using the same falling-into-the-floor-in-a-dream technique. But in both cases, my surroundings were more like real life.

The first time, I just wanted to look behind me to see if I could see my own body. AND I COULD!! I sort of gave myself a high five and went back to my body.

The second time I decided to be brave. I did the same thing in my dream but decided to try falling backward instead of forward, and got the same result, the strong rush and popping sound.

I levitated and floated towards the window. It was shut and the blind was down but I kind of knew I would go straight through it, and I did.

I ended up in a room where my sister was napping on her sofa and I got confused and tried to get into her body. Obviously, I couldn't and I got scared. But she woke up. My hands were giving off incredible, bright colours that appeared where ever I showed my open palms. I shone them onto my sister, who was amazed and onto the walls. My sis and I referred to them as "auras". I wonder if my sister had a dream about me that night but I'm too afraid to ask in case she says no!

I then flew back to my body and woke into a fully conscious state.

What does this sound like to you? I'm confused about the difference between my first encounter and then the more realistic appearance of the subsequent two.

I'm now in the process of practising becoming lucid by actively looking for a ravine to fall into or an opportunity to do the falling-onto-my-face thing. Sometimes I find a suitable situation but I'm interrupted by something or someone in the dream that hinders me. It's always accompanied with the rushing feeling and hearing distortion.

Phew... if you made it this far, I really appreciate your patience.

Starcrazy

Oh btw, I've woken up talking to people that are in my dreams too. Does that mean anything??
Old 22-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Experiencer
Hi

It sounds like the whirring and buzzing noises you heard when you drifted off may have been the vibrations many experience prior to being able to leave the body. Yes, it can be very overwhelming! Now that you have experienced it and know what it sounds/feels like, if it happens again, the best thing to do is just relax and enjoy knowing you're close! I always focus on smoothing the vibrations through my body before trying to leave.

As for seeing your sister when you projected, I have experienced similar phenomena with my husband. When I project, I see us both lying there, and he always appears to be doing some type of activity; for example, once he looked like he was kissing my cheek and trying to wake me. I do not have an explanation for this. I went back into my body when I saw this, but he was asleep. Perhaps we are seeing the activities of their spirits? After all, we are in the spirit realm. Again, this is just speculation. It sounds like you had a very positive experience.

Happy astral travels!
Old 30-11-2014, 11:38 AM
starcrazyangel

AAh. I love that!

Did you ask your husband if he saw you in a dream or anything?

:hugs:
Old 30-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Experiencer
I didn't! Did you ever talk to your sister?
Old 30-11-2014, 12:46 PM
starcrazyangel

No! In an ideal world, I'd have asked her and she'd have said "OMG, that's so weird, I had a dream just like that", which would have been perfect. But it would have been disappointing if she had said no!

I decided to keep it to myself!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Experiencer
Even if she says no, that doesn't make it less real. Many people don't even remember their dreams at night, so I wouldn't be discouraged if you don't get the answer you were hoping for. But I do understand your feelings about it!