Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
No need to apologize... a different point of view is always an enrichment. and you know what? i don't "believe" in twin flames either - i've had my experiences and i was drawn to this concept many years ago because it reflected my situation... but that's all. I hold no certainty as long as i'm here. only pieces of intuition.

I think that regardless of labels, if two people hold deep reciprocal feelings for each other and continue to after passing, then it only makes sense to be reunited, because they will seek each other out.
Old 18-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Experiencer

I suppose it would depend on the nature of the soul relationship vs. the nature of the relationship in your current incarnation, but I believe it's possible if you share a soul family or are a TF. But, I also think it depends who you're with. Not all relationships are meant to transcend time. And, due to the nature of the physical life we are currently in, it would make sense that perhaps relationships are more fluid on a soul level.
Old 18-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Eyenight,

This question you posed in the Soulmates & Twin Flames thread intrigued me. I found an exceptional account in the "Autobiography of a Yogi", written by Paramahansa Yogananda, that may give you some equally intriguing avenues for thought.

Thank you guthrio,
an extremely fascinating read. This passage was not surprising to me... -> " he learns in this way to give a divine and equal love to all, as children and individualized expressions of God." , This is the most supported and probable conclusion, one i've heard several times, that somehow sums up years of interest in the spiritual world. It's the final truth according to those who claim to have experienced a glimpse of that dimension and... I believe in LOVE... the love that i feel for animals without any sensual gain. So yes, this resonates with me.
I posted the question in this section of the forum because i was wondering whether the Twin Flames concept can be included in that spiritual reality of communion or completely invalidated by it. I wanted to challenge my perceptions and discuss it with others... Thanks again, your contribution was much appreciated
Old 18-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Guide

Many people don't get married, don't have kids and don't have friendships that last a lifetime... i'd like to think they will be in good company in the afterlife nonetheless ;)
Old 18-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Knower

I love this question, plus it is one I am really contemplating lately also in detail.
I have always been a romantic at heart. I imagined meeting my husband & being with him in Heaven forever. OK so met a soul connection, we divorced (he wanted divorce). I get why now.. soul connection stuff.. Then the next one, my twin ray (I believe) is the one I can see myself with more in a married state but.. I more see it now.. as this recognition of the souls from (in my primary soul group in particular but not exclusive) from that first (what I believe) our first incarnation.

BUT I also see us transformed beings, & in heaven they say we are the same age, like around 30 (I picture this or at least younger looking not old). I also feel that each of the souls I am meeting we have a special connection, & what I read recently that now really resonates, is that God creates us from beginning of time, so the birth is for God, of God & then transformed beings to spirit/soul, into Heaven forever. This is for myself, what I see & those closest to me.
I sense (but don't know for sure) there is just this automatic understanding of our Godly selves, (Divine self connected to God) & to each other which dictates the order into heaven. We have access to each other, but the bible (I am Christian) says we are married to Christ & HE IS our Spouse. So it is the order of things that changes. (The soul family then belongs to God, however I think there is a connection if not directly close to, then a knowing/understanding into forever).

I like Peter Kreeft's explanation of how this evolves (his writing which is online also, of, "is there sex in heaven.") Of course he doesn't KNOW for sure but he has contemplated this & his students as he is a college professor ask him this question. Kreeft believes as transformed spirit beings, the awareness is far greater than 3D, into heaven, the love & merging is different than this earth as is (3D). He is a theologian, Christian, Catholic.
I like his outside the box thinking but it pulls together similar to how I imagine now.

I personally believe there are couples who will stay together in heaven, that want this, & that their families will visit in their new Kingdom Home, in heaven.
I would guess there are various scenarios, not all fixed.

I am Christian belief so my thinking goes along that it is into heaven, the reconnect, however I believe there is likely (though I don't KNOW) reincarnation & sort of think that as I have read that the early church took reincnarnation out of the bible. If Elijah was John, well then likely (?) it is possible reincarnation. THAT is something I cannot speak of with most Christians (these beliefs).

Where I'm struggling a lot to understand right now & this is something I have had to push through as to not KNOWING for sure but contemplating.. will I be close physically to this latest t.f... since it is intense, do I push through it..
A comfortable compromise for me is that possibly he will be close to me.. BUT the rest of our especially primary 12 soul group will all be near enough to where the intensity will not longer exist but a knowing/understanding of our connection, Heavenly purpose & connection to Father/Son & Holy Spirit, into Heaven forever.
It's almost like Thinking About going to college.. Then when one goes to college it's like, OK this is a journey not a destination. That is freeing.
Each person's reality is different but this is where my belief, thoughts are.
I like the question. Thanks!
Old 18-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
Thank you guthrio,
an extremely fascinating read. This passage was not surprising to me... -> " he learns in this way to give a divine and equal love to all, as children and individualized expressions of God." , This is the most supported and probable conclusion, one i've heard several times, that somehow sums up years of interest in the spiritual world. It's the final truth according to those who claim to have experienced a glimpse of that dimension and... I believe in LOVE... the love that i feel for animals without any sensual gain. So yes, this resonates with me.
I posted the question in this section of the forum because i was wondering whether the Twin Flames concept can be included in that spiritual reality of communion or completely invalidated by it. I wanted to challenge my perceptions and discuss it with others... Thanks again, your contribution was much appreciated

Eyenight,

....my pleasure.

I, too, have discovered that Truth, however revealed, is its own validation....when recognized.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 18-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Master

Romance is an experience to explore on earth. Love is our eternal being. There is no loneliness. No need for attachments. Romance is very 3d and earthly.
Old 18-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Strangely enough my husband and I were discussing this just last night.

I was heavily influenced by my father's own 'story's'one of which was that nothing is permanent and there are no guarantees and I have tended to take this on board.

So while I do not tend to become attached to beliefs because after all... Beliefs are just a story we tell ourselves...

Though in the past
I have had some experiences of what might be past lives in which I shared with my husband...

I've been thinking about my own mortality alot lately and I wanted to know if love is eternal or is that just another story we tell ourselves.

I think the conclusion is that If I choose to believe that love is eternal... Than it is.

As for the husband - I feel like we have sought each other out across vast realms of distances before and quite possibly would do it again because we have chosen to and we mutually love each other.
Haha ha

So that is my long winded answer... And I seem to be having some kind of existential crises about the entire nature of life and beliefs...so my rambling is at its peak haha.
Old 18-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Newbie ;)

"...The husband and wife, who were only held together on earth by a legal tie, and between whom no real love existed, will not be together in spirit life.”

"...If love exists between two people, then yes. If love does not exist between them, no.”

"...You may find after death a much stronger relationship emotionally with a person from a past life. If you are married, for example, and have no true connection with your mate, you may instead find a past wife or husband waiting for you. Deep relationships will continue in one way or another. Others will simply disappear.”

"...Wherever there has been love between a man and a woman and that love has brought them together and made them as one, and they have lived on the same spiritual plane in your world, then “death” will not part them. “Death” will be a door which will give them a greater freedom for their souls to be more closely united than they were in your world of matter. But if their coming together, their marriage as you call it, was not a marriage of souls but only of bodies, and their souls did not dwell on the same plane, then “death” will drive them further apart, for it will relegate them to their own spiritual spheres."

Old 18-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Knower

M.Tesla, this you write, resonates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
I'm glad that im the first responder.

I have pomdered this lately.

If you can manage to invite the current earthly love/romance/passion into your true soul, and your true self, as well as your true energy, and it actually WORKS. Then yes. It will continue on after "life"
Bless you