Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Luke Ironside

Would you agree that everyone is spiritual?

Would you agree that every person is inherently spiritual just by virtue of being human?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Master
Everyone and everything, Luke.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Luke Ironside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Everyone and everything, Luke.

That is my belief also. I like to think that every action in life is spiritual in essence, and that every experience is a spiritual experience, whether it be a good or "bad" experience. My belief that everyone is spiritual also causes me to treat every encounter with another person as an opportunity to learn and grow spiritually.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Ironside
every experience is a spiritual experience, whether it be a good or "bad" experience.
Tough to remember at times during the "bad" experiences we have. :) I'm in complete agreement with you, yes.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Master
In my current opinion , all beings whether living or non-living is in own process of purification , to be free of own self / own nature , to be pure , to be empty .
I currently of the opinion that human as one of the beings is also in a NATURAL process to understand , to know , to experience , to discover OWNSELF by own realization leading to acceptance of purity / emptiness .
This process of realization is the only truth , only natural process that perhaps for all beings .
Thks
CSEe
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
This process of realization is the only truth
Hi CSEe. I'd say there are many wonderful truths -- life and love, and the recognition of spirit and our eternal soul are such truths. And that the process of realization is the cumulative sum total and end result of our experiencing and touching those truths.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Luke Ironside

Also, seeing as everyone is spiritual, would you say that there is nothing that one must do in order to be "spiritual"? That even if some techniques etc are helpful for developing spiritually, that nothing is required in order to be spiritual?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Also, seeing as everyone is spiritual, would you say that there is nothing that one must do in order to be "spiritual"? That even if some techniques etc are helpful for developing spiritually, that nothing is required in order to be spiritual?

each journey is unique and will unfold as it will.....no matter what we do...both individually and as a whole.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Luke Ironside

A great quote:

"Spirituality is a broad concept, transcending religious boundaries. By virtue of being human, all people are spiritual, regardless of whether or how they participate in religious observance."

MARGARET A. BURKHARDT, Spirituality: Living Our Connectedness
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
That even if some techniques etc are helpful for developing spiritually, that nothing is required in order to be spiritual?
I'd say you've affirmed and established all that now, Luke. The question for me is, what comes next? Because I do feel that something is indeed required in order to cultivate and deepen our connection to spirit. For me, it's all about seeing life as an ongoing self-awareness journey. And while I realize nothing is required, I nevertheless choose to take a conscious and active role in this soul odyssey.