Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 26-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Well....Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall .....
Because that's the oil refinery hub of the U.S....where the vast amount of gasoline is produced....and those refinery's are already shutting down for the storm.....and if they are damaged and slow to start back up...gasoline could get sqarce (and expensive) pretty quick!

gas, expensive in TX? Yeah, right! Now in the UK it's expensive - always. A shortage might make TX gas a little more expensive for a short while.

I could scarcely believe how inexpensive gas and diesel are in the US when I filled my 1 ton dually's tank in Houston where it cost less than $50.

Fuels have increased in price somewhat since but petrol is still cheap and diesel only a little more.
Old 26-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
gas, expensive in TX? Yeah, right! Now in the UK it's expensive - always. A shortage might make TX gas a little more expensive for a short while.

I could scarcely believe how inexpensive gas and diesel are in the US when I filled my 1 ton dually's tank in Houston where it cost less than $50.

Fuels have increased in price somewhat since but petrol is still cheap and diesel only a little more.

The refinery's in Port Arthur Texas don't just provide gasoline for Texas....they are the principle supplier for all of the U.S.....if those refinery's go down for any prolonged amount of time....it will effect gas availability nation wide!

But yeah....our gas prices compared to the UK are pretty low....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 26-08-2020, 08:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The refinery's in Port Arthur Texas don't just provide gasoline for Texas....they are the principle supplier for all of the U.S.....if those refinery's go down for any prolonged amount of time....it will effect gas availability nation wide!

I've seen similar scares about gasoline supplies in previous years and I expect if the plant really was hit hard with damage that might take a long time to repair, then you're right that supplies nationwide would be affected - if other refineries weren't able to take up the slack.

Looks like it's a very powerful storm, this one. Gotta hope it swings away from vulnerable areas including the refinery.
Old 27-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:

Nasty situation.......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Deactivated Account
What did ABC news have to say and/or show this morning?
Old 27-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Master
Laura reached land is down sized to a Tropical Storm according to the National Hurricane Center.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Master
Here is a satellite picture of the activity https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/goe...ormid=AL132020

Old 27-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Here is a satellite picture of the activity https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/goe...ormid=AL132020

Oh my, that looks intense

Last I read there was a Large Chemical leak from a plant in Lake Charles flowing over the highway.
Old 27-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Oh my, that looks intense

Last I read there was a Large Chemical leak from a plant in Lake Charles flowing over the highway.
There is already concern that Laura could help spread the pandemic virus.

2020 seems to be living up to her name...

Old 28-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Experiencer

How do they know when a hurricane is male or female?
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.