Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-05-2019, 04:38 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi janielee,

It is most intimate because when I am not trying to conform it, this opens me up to expand myself to be with it even more. How I can word it right now.

Thank you

Yes.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Master

Quote:
The unknowing mind.
The brain is designed to be that way, is it not. It's efficient and designed for this place. Is the brain the mind or work in unison with it. But there exists knowledge we do not use consciously. There exist an unknown mind that is itself active. It is obvious the mind/brain knows more then known and can be expanded if we were able to access it. It would be a leap a hundredfold to be sure. This mind is not the conscious part we are self aware of, but this part is only aware, that being the subconscious. The conscious mind is not allowed here. Imagine being able to consciously heal oneself and understand it to do it. The conscious mind doesn't understand. Imagine being able to access it and bring it into self aware consciousness being able to bend or control laws of nature knowing how to do it. This is the first thing I always think of, that which the mind knows we do not and were it could take us.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
The brain is designed to be that way, is it not. It's efficient and designed for this place. Is the brain the mind or work in unison with it. But there exists knowledge we do not use consciously. There exist an unknown mind that is itself active. It is obvious the mind/brain knows more then known and can be expanded if we were able to access it. It would be a leap a hundredfold to be sure. This mind is not the conscious part we are self aware of, but this part is only aware, that being the subconscious. The conscious mind is not allowed here. Imagine being able to consciously heal oneself and understand it to do it. The conscious mind doesn't understand. Imagine being able to access it and bring it into self aware consciousness being able to bend or control laws of nature knowing how to do it. This is the first thing I always think of, that which the mind knows we do not and were it could take us.

Hi lemex,

You present an angle I was not thinking about when writing the OP.

An interesting aspect. I think very little is fully known about the potentials of the brain, much less what consciousness is.

How much information is picked up without one noticing it. Yet, it seems to enter into consciousness, and/or subconscious.

I remember many dreams and some are my mind sorting through the day and things being worked out in my mind. Then there are those dreams that feel to come from a different place all together. It is interesting, to say the least.

It also has me wonder at times just how much we hold with in ourselves. If we used our full potentials what would this bring to life?

I also feel it is alright to not know. That information may come when needed, while at the same time perhaps it is simply not for me to know at present.

It does have me wonder how much gets blocked or surpressed because of doubt or not accepting it.

You bring an interesting expansion upon this.

Thank you
Old 06-05-2019, 12:06 AM
Master

How about the concept, that brain is totally non sentient, non intelligent & only just a processing unit of the information that it receives from the sences of the physical body.

& that mind, intelligence, sentience, awareness, consciousness is only ever in & of the Soul'Self, of which is us, the eternal Soul'self.

The brain processes information from the sences into content suitable for the Soul'self, & then delivers it to us, the Soulself, we then have a response to the content delivered, & our response is sent back to the brain & of which, the brain then transforms that content into something that the sences of the body can utilize, so that the body can opperate according to our desires.
& this whole process happens almost instantaneously in both directions from sences through brain to Soul'self, back & forth at break neck speeds.

& it is only ever, the intelligent sentient awareness of the Soul'self/mind, that can expand & transform exponentially.

I am led to believe that we as Earthlings, are actually spiritual Soul beings, connected to a non sentient, non aware, non conscious earthly physical organic unit, which is nessesary so that we can spend a small part of our ETERNAL life on this planet.
& that we are connected to & enmeshed within the flesh, & that we the Soul'self AND the flesh, both reside within the spiritual universe.

As per usual, all of the above is only for anyones considerations..regards Neil.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
How about the concept, that brain is totally non sentient, non intelligent & only just a processing unit of the information that it receives from the sences of the physical body.

& that mind, intelligence, sentience, awareness, consciousness is only ever in & of the Soul'Self, of which is us, the eternal Soul'self.

The brain processes information from the sences into content suitable for the Soul'self, & then delivers it to us, the Soulself, we then have a response to the content delivered, & our response is sent back to the brain & of which, the brain then transforms that content into something that the sences of the body can utilize, so that the body can opperate according to our desires.
& this whole process happens almost instantaneously in both directions from sences through brain to Soul'self, back & forth at break neck speeds.

& it is only ever, the intelligent sentient awareness of the Soul'self/mind, that can expand & transform exponentially.

I am led to believe that we as Earthlings, are actually spiritual Soul beings, connected to a non sentient, non aware, non conscious earthly physical organic unit, which is nessesary so that we can spend a small part of our ETERNAL life on this planet.
& that we are connected to & enmeshed within the flesh, & that we the Soul'self AND the flesh, both reside within the spiritual universe.

As per usual, all of the above is only for anyones considerations..regards Neil.

Hi Neil,

In considering what you present will share what thoughts it brings.

Can agree and when just allowing can feel it flowing back and forth. Like when having a heartfelt conversation with someone or just sitting quietly with a loved one.

It radiates through the whole being. The brain collects what is going on and words, if necessary, to say, but there is just a flow that goes on.

The brain, to me, is part of the physical makeup. It can be damaged , it can be strengthened. It can adjust to information received and compensate for loss.
I don't think as a whole though "we" know it's full potential.

But yes can agree in a way the brain collects and conveys information received, however it may be received and according to what the individual is able to comprehend.

Spirit, to me, is non-physical of itself or in essence. It can not be damaged. It may experience through our physical being what it can not in its pure form.

I also feel mind, body and Spirit/soul are of one while experiencing this Human-Beingness.

There is also some things simply do not know and continue to learn and become aware of. Keeps life interesting here.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Hello,

Some thoughts have risen so present them here.

The unknowing mind.

What does this bring to you all?

For there has been a lot of going back and forth on Presence. Been given various names, God, Creater, source, Universe, ect.

Yet, it comes to me and I can feel a Presence with in being alive and the life around me. For conversation sake may interchange names for it, but being honest I don't know what exactly it is.

Now this is quite humbly for me to admit, but there you have it.

It is like words at times only scratch the surface. Words are how my mind can interpret what is felt. Yet, it is not all of it. Bits and pieces that can help bring clarity to mind, yet also at times feel a bit awkward. Like, it simply has to be experienced, yet how to have it understood if so desired.

So, thought I would share thoughts on this

For at present, well for quite awhile actually, been just going with it. Allowing myself to simply not know. Doesn't mean it is not felt, just not fully revealed as to what it is.

Perhaps that is the point to feel it and let go the need to know what it is.

What do you all think about this?
With regards to god/spirituality, I am at peace with the unknowing mind. Paradoxically, the knowing felt in that state of unknowing is enough. Does it need explanation or verbal communication?
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi God-Like,

For me, feel God/nature knows very well itself.

It seems more myself knowing myself. To be open to explore, but it is also alright to not know. Not know in the sense of having to have reason it all out.

But of course once it is placed in words, then it is up for interpretation.

Thank you

Yes, I know what you mean .. it is a personal journey of self remembering that which what you are already knows .

Some who believe in the higher self or the oversoul will say that there is a knowing beyond one's current reflection of our present incarnation .

What I had explained to me is that at a point of incarnation the floodgates can open and the higher self awareness becomes you in such a way where you know or understand life in a different way and certain knowledge just seems to flow that was once absent from one's immediate mind ..

This is just another perspective of what one already knows from a collective understanding but it does seem to be from a personal perspective that one is knowing more and more as time goes by and for some they will believe that they know less as time goes by .. lol ..

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 06-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Master

Quote:
I think very little is fully known about the potentials of the brain, much less what consciousness is.

I remember many dreams and some are my mind sorting through the day and things being worked out in my mind. Then there are those dreams that feel to come from a different place all together. It is interesting, to say the least.
Thank you moon. Actually you talk upon something I didn't and is part of my reasoning, dreams and me. I remember some dreams that seem a mirror of self, thus dreams and me concept. Dreams show us things though can it be proven. Dreams and awareness, they even show it imo. I've noticed in dreams experiences in term of real life. In dreams I am able to access (what already is there) that I cannot when awake. I am more awake in my dreams then when awake. I change, I feel it. It actually seems to be a state. When I awake the state switches off because of consciously waking. One can experience in dreams and the experience is true. There exists existent knowledge one is able to tap into. Certainly no system or philosophy as far I know ever taught the idea, only conscious based knowledge as the way. I am only aware how I experience when comparing conscious states and how much more I shut down in one then the other. I think one can grasp the same experience when spiritual people talk about quieting the mind or mediating. The unknown mind is a different experience. The fact that one can experience indicates it is existent. I really loved the question. I am really interested in what we do that is so different then what we dream, if you know what I mean.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherkey
With regards to god/spirituality, I am at peace with the unknowing mind. Paradoxically, the knowing felt in that state of unknowing is enough. Does it need explanation or verbal communication?

Hi Heatherkey,

To find peace with in and with myself has seemed to be where I have arrived.
Although still realizing aspects and adjusting as needed.

You touch upon what was going through my mind, to be alright with the unknown.

No does not need to be explained. At times just connecting with others and at times find they can give some gems that help clarify and expand upon the potentials and being at peace. Atleast for me.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Yes, I know what you mean .. it is a personal journey of self remembering that which what you are already knows .

Some who believe in the higher self or the oversoul will say that there is a knowing beyond one's current reflection of our present incarnation .

What I had explained to me is that at a point of incarnation the floodgates can open and the higher self awareness becomes you in such a way where you know or understand life in a different way and certain knowledge just seems to flow that was once absent from one's immediate mind ..

This is just another perspective of what one already knows from a collective understanding but it does seem to be from a personal perspective that one is knowing more and more as time goes by and for some they will believe that they know less as time goes by .. lol ..

x daz x

Hi daz,

Yes, there is the mind set, the more I learn, the more I realize what I don't know, lol.

I suppose as an individual there is the individual perspective upon life and the self. Another may notice aspects of one and can either take notice or blow it off.
May depend on what manner it is presented.

As it flows through (so to speak) it does become personal. Because I am experiencing it. There is also becoming aware of being connected with in it/creation/life as well as others through interactions happening.

Yeah, experienced just knowing without effort. It just comes to me. Other times takes time and doing it figure it out. Depends how willing and open I am being, to some extent.

There is the collective, but does all with in this really involve the self? For is not nature itself of the collective, as life flowing? Can be aware of some connection, but others will remain a bit mysterious or just not for me.

Basically for me it is just being alright with it. What will be, will be and not required to have it all figured out. To be open and trust enough to allow oneself to flow with it as one is able to and understands.

It shifts and changes anyways for that is life.

So yes, may come to know more and more, then just let go of worrying about it and let come to come and what goes to go. I feel we are given what one needs at the time needed. Some hangs around, while other is just for now.

It is for me adjusting to this and being a bit humble to be honest.
Can also be remembering that which has been thought forgotten.

Last edited by Moonglow : 06-05-2019 at 10:58 PM.