Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-02-2016, 02:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb Frustrated with poor quality guided sleep meditations, we had this made to share

I've been practicing guided meditation and relaxation on and off for 20 years and have tried a series of tapes, CD's, and more recently, digital versions such as Youtube recordings.

To be honest I use meditation for more of a practical relaxation exercise than a spiritual experience, but believe in its value nonetheless. As such I like to have resources with me when I travel, and I've found Youtube to give me that convenience factor. The problem is the quality of content.

Several recordings I've tried either have some robot "text-to-speech" voice-over or the music levels are so blaring the sound distorts when I play though my phone.

As a result my wife and I wrote our own script and had it professionally recorded by a voice-over artist. We then had it professionally mixed and mastered with the backing music to make it suitable for playback on phones and lower quality headphones.

Here's the result: https://youtu.be/aG4UvWrjP9Y

Initially we created this to meet our needs, but figured we might as well share with some like-minded people out there who suffer from stress, busy schedules, anxiety or insomnia to some extent.

There's no commercial value here, I just want to share. I hope you find it useful.
Old 15-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Experiencer
I am having quite major problems with the sleep/insomnia these weeks, but my real problem is not that I can't sleep, but that my biological clock/cyrchadian rythm is 'ruined'. I feel like I don't know anymore when is day or not, going to bed at 9 AM one day and waking up at 3 PM, then going to bed at 8 AM and waking up at 1 PM tired and not good in mood terms and my brain doesn't work the way it should... then I try to stay awake lets say, for 24~hours awake more or less so I can go to sleep at like 9 PM and try to wake up at 5 AM (as I wish), to fix it and mantain it, but when I do that I get a temporal sleep apnea, and I wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep feeling even worse and not being able to sleep.

Feels like loosing your mind. Now I am just going to sleep straight 7 hours if I can, and slowly slowly hope I'll get to, somehow, reach to wake up at 5 AM and work out from there.

I am going to try your guided meditation before I prepare to sleep, usually I can only fall asleep if I am real exhausted.

I think you may be of help more than I realize at the moment. Will come back with a report in a few days or weeks. Thank you for sharing this with us. Hope you didn't included any subliminal messages like : like, share and subscribe or don't sleep xD" <---- joke
Old 15-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
I think you may be of help more than I realize at the moment. Will come back with a report in a few days or weeks. Thank you for sharing this with us. Hope you didn't included any subliminal messages like : like, share and subscribe or don't sleep xD" <---- joke

Lol, there's no subliminal messages in there. I use it myself, so I want it to work!

I really hope it can provide you some help. Sometimes a more practical approach to meditation is just what you need.

Also, might I suggest you don't overthink the objective of sleep. Worrying about whether it works or fails to induce sleep will probably make things worse. Instead, focus on going with the flow and at the very least you might enter a state of relaxation, letting your body unwind. Perhaps with time, sleep may come :)