Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Seeker

Cool I don't like meditation

I don't like it, I love it!

Anyway, I have been meditating for a few years now and I have come to the point where I feel a presence in the room every time I sit down to meditate. I am not into romanticizing things and calling it ghosts or what not. However, sometimes the presence in the room is so overwhelming I sometimes contemplate if I should end that session.

One time I was in a deep meditation and I heard a fully loud footstep right next to me, seconds later my hair felt like a person was rubbing their hand through it like a massage. I would be lying if I said these experiences don't scare me occasionally. It seems like the deeper I go in the meditation session, the stronger the presence I feel around me in the room.

Anyone have any experience or insight into this?

Love to all!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I have had similar experiences. If there is a presence that is bothering you, you can always ask them what they want. That will usually deal with the situation. I asked a Zen master about an experience I had once where I was walking down a street at night and I felt someone hold my hand as I was walking. His response to that inquiry was that "it could be someone from a different plane".
That was about 20 years ago. One of the big things with meditation is distraction. The spirit world isn't above distracting people who are trying to meditate.
If your meditating and your any good at it, your going to be experiencing things that are uncommon in the every day experience of people.
Sure does help to have someone with experience helping you. If you are meditating sincerely and have your heart in the right place you should be safe.
It is difficult to get any information on those types of experiences simply because most of the people that claim to understand what meditation is don't know about them.
There is a lot of stuff going on that people are not aware of. They are in touch with very little.
So I hope this helps. Meditation is about seeing. You live what you see and you see what you understand. Opening up to new levels of understanding obviously should include seeing things that you have never seen before. That is what I use as a guide in my life. If I am experiencing things that I have not experienced before I know I am going somewhere.
Always when your meditating you are trying to listen. You listen with your eyes, your ears and every other sense you have. You learn to see by listening.
Always a pleasure to talk with someone who enjoys meditating. Come what may
Old 01-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Here is an explanation from the same Zen master I mentioned in my previous post. this is in poetic form

When you enter a town for the first time
you do not know the surroundings

you are perceived as being lost
you take directions from the hand of another

and at the end of the trail
you do not arrive at what you are seeking

as your effort takes on the symmetry of hours
you wander in a field of instructions

and tomorrow will only begin
when you realize the futile intimacy of this knowledge
Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Hi Adam,
Hmm...
I'm sorry I have not had this exact thing happen.
You could be having a saint or an Angel making a sound, and
being around you, I suppose...or and older lover that is not so
highly advanced...so does not realize they are scaring you.
(From another life, that is.)

I have had things happen I was initially scared of...like a couple times
my Guru and ET's wanting to manifest in front of me...all benevolent!
It was ME that was freaked out!

"No..don't manifest! I'll be freaked out too much!"...and like a vapor they kindly retreated. (I was in my 20s.)

Would I reject them now?
I don't think so.
Would I be scared...I REALLY don't think so...what could bother
or harm me?
I am completely protected and know silly spirits are like a neighbor
that
could be a bother...that's all ...they have no power.

I dunno if this gives you another perspective or not.
Take care.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Weird experiences are not the defining characteristics of meditation. Meditation is a path people walk and experiences are the scenery. If you are meditating seriously and some people have no idea that they are, you are beckoning towards something. One of the things you will experience if you continue meditation is getting grabbed by that thing you are beckoning for. Your attention will get turned on and stay on. This is a serious step in training. Meditation is not what people think it is.
So when ever you are studying or training the object of that activity is to see what you don't see and understand more.
Good luck with your endeavors
Old 08-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Suspended
Knower

Acc. to me everyone would have the same feeling when he starts meditating from some time (few months) means he feels so calmness and freshness that he/she can't resist it for a single day.
Meditation has that much power and it gives the deep satisfaction and confidence and positive energy.