Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
ellavate

I asked jesus to come into my life and got Satan!!!

Hi guys,

Last night i said a prayer and asked Jesus to come into my life for the first time, right before bed. That night i had horrible dreams abut the devil, that he was coming after me to get me and i was running away. In the end i managed to get away from him on an aeroplane.

The two might not be connected but i literally NEVER dream of the devil so if it is its a major coincidence.

Does anyone have a clue what this might mean, maybe it is saying that ch ristianity is not the right path for me?

Any thoughts appreciated thanks. Peace xxx
Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
silent whisper

So you believe it was the devil? I am curious what did he look like? Being chased in dreams by something that we fear and escaping can be a taken a few ways. You escaped the devil and took flight...might mean you are taking flight when things of this nature come at you....fight or flight response... Or it might also mean you conequered your fear of the devil and found a safe place to escape to without being caught and found the wings to help you fly... Sometimes our dreamer reveals some hidden spaces and emotions in the face of fears and it also reveals that in that space how we are safe and protected always. Perhaps through your invitation to invite in Jesus...your dreamer is opening you to let your fears go.....he is a great source of unconditonal love and healing and their is no fear in that space.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
ellavate

Thank you silent whisperer. I couldnt see the Devil as such, it was more a black shadowy figure that was immensly powerful and fast following me. I felt a strong feeling that was who it was from his presence rather than his look.........

Perhaps outwardly i want to invite jesus in but inwardly I am scared of what will happen to me if i do? e.g social isolation, or being 'brainwashed' and this was what was represented??

Peace
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Experiencer
ellavate....
i would suggest you to say the prayer again...and ask the jesus again...but just mention...to request ...to let u remember your dream.........

you may have seen him yesterday...but the other dream could be powerful enough to wash away the old dream...just a thought...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
mattie

Christ Consciousness Transcends Organized Religion

You are the only one who can decide if a belief system is right for you. Do you feel as if it is necessary to believe in satan to believe in what Jesus represents? Many see Christ Consciousness as things like love & equality for all as a state of mind that transcends organized religion. Many have taken from various religions what works for them while declining what doesn't. You don't have to accept all of a religion's beliefs unless you want to.

Running can be about confronting one’s fears (about satan?) An airplane can be experiencing a higher consciousness. (dreammoods.com)

If you think you’ve been interfered w/ by unfriendly spirits you can vet them. It’s not hard. Don’t be intimidated if they present as the devil. The prankster spirits are fond of trying this & puffing their self up, but they aren’t really powerful at all. All they can do is to reflect our own fears back at us.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavate
Does anyone have a clue what this might mean, maybe it is saying that ch ristianity is not the right path for me?
It seems more likely that this shows Christianity is the right path for you and Satan is trying to stop you from following it.

Do you understand what is involved in asking Jesus to come into your life? We have sinned and because God is holy he can't allow any sin in his presence. Our sins need to be forgiven before we can approach him and Jesus made forgiveness possible when he died to pay for our sins and rose again from the dead. To be forgiven we must acknowledge our sins and be willing to turn from them. Did your asking Jesus involve any repentance for your sins?

Here are two sites that explain more about what is involved in salvation.

http://carm.org/jesus-saves

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexes/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=180

You made the right decision when you decided to ask Jesus into your heart but perhaps you need to learn more about what it means to do this. I will be praying for you that God will help you understand the way of salvation better and will protect you from Satan's attacks.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavate
Thank you silent whisperer. I couldnt see the Devil as such, it was more a black shadowy figure that was immensly powerful and fast following me. I felt a strong feeling that was who it was from his presence rather than his look.........

Perhaps outwardly i want to invite jesus in but inwardly I am scared of what will happen to me if i do? e.g social isolation, or being 'brainwashed' and this was what was represented??

Peace

YOur dreamer is opening you up to reveal that space of "perception" The feeling you felt will tell you why you perceived this shadow to be the devil. Then when you realize the feeling, you will learn that feelings are just feelings..what we create from that feeling is simply the old beleifs we have in place about that feeling.

Yes your fear has emerged in your words. Allow the feeling to come in that scared feeling of what "might" happen. To invite something in, we often times have ot let go of the many layers of fears. Jesus as I mentioned is unconditional love. There is no fear in that space. And fear cannot harm you. Its simply a feeling to be felt and then your mind will expand to let you know if there are any more fears present.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
ellavate

Thank you for all your guidance and wisdom. I dont know why i should feel so scared about doing something so simple? Theophilus thanks for the links i will be sure to check them out. Mattie i really like what you say about taking the parts that work for me...........
Blessings
Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 PM
p & p

if you want something then you have to be able to have it.

if you want jesus, then you must face and conquer your inner demons.

a servant can not have 2 masters.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Ascender

Hi , satan doesn’t want Jesus in our lives. he doesn’t want us to follow Jesus totally. And he’s pretty much got it like that. depending on who we pray to and what the prayer is about, Jesus won’t here it. There’s a reason why Jesus showed to get to God, we have to go through him ,(John 14:6). many are not taught, because we’re imperfect, and Jesus Father is. We can’t touch him, (even with words), this is why we HAVE to pray in Jesus name.

Many pray to Jesus, in his name, makes no sense. considering we’re praying to a perfect Jesus, hoping he’ll take our prayers to the perfect Jesus, which many believe is the Father. Jesus showed many times, he’s not, (John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you),Satan knows this. Satan fools all those who refuse to believe Jesus words, (Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil).

My preacher relative, said one night demons were actually attacking him. He teaches in order to rid oneself of demons we should say…”I plead the blood of Jesus” the demons will leave. The problems with this is, satan tried to make Jesus worship him!, (Matt,4”1-11). He’s not afraid of Jesus, he’s afraid of the temporary power Jesus was given by his Father, (1Cor. 15:25 -28), many ministers don’t show scriptures like this. Satan wants to make sure many believe Jesus has power via Jesus. And though many would refuse to believe, these men are unknowingly sent by satan, (2Cor.-11:13-15).

The sad thing with the “I plead the blood…, “lord Jesus god…, and “Jesus, remove those demons” it may seem to work, but either for a moment or after constantly repeating. He pleaded the blood, he said for about five minutes or so, they finally left. A priests came in on this true life ghost show, trying to remove this demon from this woman. He said everything! “you come out of her in Jesus name” “in Jesus name I command you to leave her” you get out of her right now!

He said many more using Jesus name. after about 5 minutes of the viewers watching, (They cut the viewing short, it took much longer), they left! It took all this to get them to leave?! Sadly no!, they left when they wanted to. But it said they later came back, even after the woman moved. Country star Loretta Lynn was on the ghost hunter show called ghost adventures. She was taking to the host about what her granddaughter have seen, (demons). When he interview the granddaughter, (in her 20’s).

the lady said he was always taught to call on the name Jehovah. So she said when the demons appeared, she said just that, and it immediately left. She said it never came back. Some may say she didn’t say in Jesus name. She wasn’t trying to pray to him. she just called out his name, even the name of the Almighty scares them! Some will say, the demons left others also. Again the demons isn’t afraid of Jesus as they are of Jehovah God. This is why if one believes in Jesus Father. And prays to him in Jesus name as he show we should, Demons will flee....faster!

For years I’ve seen and heard many demons, when I was alone. And once my sister and I came face- to -face, for about a minute with one. Always believing they were the dead, because I was taught that. And that’s what they want us to believe. They can come to me now if they choose. But they know it wouldn’t be to make me believe they were of the dead. They KNOW I know the truth, so all they could do now is pick at me.

So Many who pray for Jesus help, not only won’t receive it from him, because as I show it’s his Father will we should do. But also those who claim servants of Jesus, Yet live the way either man say we should ,(Mark 7:6,7)., or they choose to not change from their old ways ,(1Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance). many will say lord god Jesus did answer my prayers!, one can believe what they want, this is what satan wants. I already post Jehovah’s words taught by others including Jesus ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you).

I said all this to try and explain why many prayers are not always answered. Many of us believe we can live the way we please, only following the words of God and Jesus we like, And still receive help. We have to either follow Jesus teachings of his Fathers will, and try hard to obey them. Hoping he will be there for us. Or continue living our way ,and believing the lie that Jesus doesn’t really care how we live, as long as we believe in him.

so Make sure you want to understand and follow Jesus, even if it makes other look down at you. they did it to him and his followers, but that didn’t stop them. Jehovah God wants everyone to live, this is why he sent his son. All we have to do is focus more on receiving the kingdom, than wanting what we want. I hope all goes well, peace.