Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Felynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
My caution about stating it was a tumor isn’t to be a naysayer at all, but to have a productive perspective about this, as well as to protect your self from problematic issues as a healer. It may well have been a tumor, but you can’t be certain w/o medical confirmation. There are any number of things that could have been some sort of problematic blockage, including parasites (more common than one might think). If one states that they have removed a tumor it could be problematic that they might be in danger of practicing medicine w/o a license by making definitive statements. There are ways to avoid this skillfully.

There is no issue w/ saying that you felt from the energy that it was likely a tumor. Whatever it was, it was an issue that was causing him migraines. If one characterizes it as an energy blockage this covers many things & probably isn’t practicing medicine w/o a license.

Donna Eden has done some similar energy work that is very impressive. Your description of the healing sounds like some things that I read in her book, ‘Energy Medicine.’ Practicing energy workers will have more information about how to avoid getting in hot water w/ energy work.

Yes well I dont plan on taking this anywhere than my own home, so the water will generally stay cool. I wont be practicing medicine without a license and getting people hurt because I didnt get them a brain scan before I healed them. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:24 PM
blue*eyed*wolf

Absolutely awesome. Go girl.
Old 28-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
I wont be practicing medicine without a license and getting people hurt because I didnt get them a brain scan before I healed them. Thanks for your concern though.

Imho that's not quite what was meant. If you talk about diagnosing specific illnesses such as a tumour, and you don't make it clear that you are not a doctor and actually have no way of knowing that this is the case, you could be seen as "practicing medicine without a licence" because some will believe that it WAS a tumour but that they are fine now.

You have no idea if that was what it was, so you have to be sure to say that it was something along the lines of "an energy block" and not allude to anything that could be considered "medical".

Working in your own home protects you from nothing. People can misunderstand what you are saying and put their health at risk. You say they HAD a tumour and you removed it, they could not get checked out. Then find that the HAVE a tumour and get very ill.

If you tell them that they have an energy block that you have worked on, but it might be worth getting it looked at by a doctor, then you are ensuring they get the best help possible (which is the MOST important thing). Your priority is that the client receives the right treatment, whether that is from you, a doctor or even a different style of energy healing. Insisting that you can heal someone is more about ego and less about making sure they are getting what they need.

Energy healing should NEVER take the place of traditional medicine. It should work along side it.

I read an article that made a lot of sense. See the body as a car. The doctors are the mechanics and the energy healers are the electricians. If the car has a seized piston then the electrician is not going to be able to fix it. It has to be seen by a mechanic. If the wipers don't work, that is where the electrician comes from.

To work successfully as an energy healer we have to know where it is our place to get involved and also when it is our job to tell someone to see a doctor.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:10 PM
blue*eyed*wolf

Very well said I can see your reasoning and yes it does need to be said. Thank you tilia
Old 29-08-2011, 05:18 AM
Felynx

Yes thats true. Regardless, I only did it to my boyfriend, and despite the terms that people seem to be having a problem with, I knew enough of what I was doing to not put him at risk.