Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

View Poll Results: If you found money on the ground, what would you think?
The Universe is good to me! I must have good karma. 26 44.07%
I'm kind of poor, this could help me scrape by to my next paycheque. 14 23.73%
It's my responsibility to find someone in need (or a charity) to give this to. 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
and I'll be there to help you spend it lol.

...so that's who's been following me around lately...~*

Old 18-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Master
I have proved to myself that i would spend it lol ... i found a trail of notes once in a storm water drain and looked for the source but to no avail ... however if I found money which was able to be traced to its rightful owner i would definitely return it ...
Old 19-02-2011, 12:23 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
however if I found money which was able to be traced to its rightful owner i would definitely return it ..
Which raises an interesting question of "Who is the rightful owner?"

What if you knew that the person who actually lost the money gets some of what he "earns" in suspect manner, e.g. stealing, conning pensioners, selling drugs, etc.
Has he lost the honest money or the tainted one, or doesn't it matter?
Old 19-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Which raises an interesting question of "Who is the rightful owner?"

What if you knew that the person who actually lost the money gets some of what he "earns" in suspect manner, e.g. stealing, conning pensioners, selling drugs, etc.
Has he lost the honest money or the tainted one, or doesn't it matter?

Well that is an interesting question pre-dawn. If i knew the money was stolen in the first place i would feel obligued to return it to its rightful owner by whatever means. However if i saw someone drop money and it was merely my 'assumption' that they had obtained it by cashing in on the misfortune of others then i would probably just hand it back to the one who dropped it. Is it the money which is tainted or the one who has it in his/her possession?
Old 19-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Graelwyn

I would most likely, provided I was not totally without myself at that point, use it to buy a meal for someone on the streets. I tend to do that anyway when I have the means.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:59 PM
mindanalyzer

If I knew whom the $ belong to, I would return it 'no questions asked'; If not, I would keep it
Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I didn't vote.

For me, it depends how much it is and the situation/environment around me.

2p and I leave it. £2 and I pick it up. £2,000 and I get very suspicious and look around for Derren Brown.

Basically agreed. Well said.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Master

Even if you 'found' it, it wasn't you who 'lost' it. Therefore, it isn't yours!

Look for the person who might have dropped it. If they're nowhere to be found, gift it to a worthy charity/cause.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2015, 03:53 PM
I always find money...I forgot....(!)
I found $10 last week at 8 am at the Supermarket...no one was around!
I always spend it on something extravagant...like...the $18 a pound cheese or something...
I think of it as my karma, for sure, and a wink from the Universe or my Dad.

I have found $20 before and immediately given it to the a homeless guy...
explaining," Hey, I just found this...don't need it, here"...
they have pride, ya know....

I also leave money all the time...the best place is to roll up cash and tuck it into the chain link
on a swing at a playground!!!!

Or I just left 2 quarters in the change machine at the laundromat washing some small rugs.
It makes someone a little happy...and a 'litte happy' brings them closer to their true state...
learned that from Abraham-Hicks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Even if you 'found' it, it wasn't you who 'lost' it. Therefore, it isn't yours!

Look for the person who might have dropped it. If they're nowhere to be found, gift it to a worthy charity/cause.

Agreed, no it isn't.

So, say I take it into a charity shop, what do you think they will do?? Come one..... this is 2015.