Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Pathfinder

Possible past life.

Hi when I was in my early twenties. I was watching a programme on TV called war and rememberance it was set in World War Two. In this programme. I saw a scene where Jews where being herded into the gas chamber and then thrown into mass graves.
Now I know it is normal for something like this to cause upset. But this programme actually had me traumatised for a very long time after. It was almost like I had PTSD.bi kept having flash backs to some of the scenes in this programme. I was upset way beyond what would be normal and literally cried for months after.
Since then I had a thirst to learn more about what happened during the holocaust. When I have seen programmes about aushwitz.i have felt that it is strangely familiar.
I have often wondered if I was there in a past life. If I was actually a Jew.bwhat is your opinion. I have seen many other things in history that have not affected me this way.
I would like to know other peoples opinions. Could this have been some sort of past life memory or flashback
Old 13-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Pathfinder

This is a question that has always bothered me. That is why I am asking. It has played on my mind for many years. Also how can I access this past life so that I can get answers. It may help me to understand myself more and why I react to certain situations the way I do.
Old 13-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Suspended

lt's sounds highly probable you had a past-life associated with the camps, and perhaps that particular camp in the film. lf not, then it's very hard to explain such extreme reactions - have you seen holocaust camps before??
l recommend the book below, which is supposed to be one of the best on the subject, because it's based on actual out-of-body information rather than just hypnotic regression (which is unreliable IMO).

Retrocognitions: An Investigation Into the Memories of Past Lives and the Periods Between Lives
by Wagner Alegretti

Quote:
In this work consciousness researcher Wagner Alegretti summarizes more than a decade of research on retrocognitions (reincarnation or past-life recall) and related phenomena including clairvoyance, déjà vu, intuition, and the out-of-body experience (OBE). Extending beyond conventional research and the materialistic paradigm, this book emphasizes retrocognitions produced during OBEs. It also covers the recollection of periods between one human life and another. Alegretti elucidates these concepts in a rational and objective manner, with no mysticism or over-extrapolation. A number of techniques are given for inducing the experience, as well as several means of optimizing one's chances of success. It is one of the most complete and up-to-date references on this topic, and is an essential reference for anyone wishing to study the phenomenon of retrocognition.

Old 13-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you I will get myself a copy of this book. Yes my reaction to this film really did traumatise. Way beyond any logical reason. I have seen violent things on TV before. But nothing has ever upset me like this did. I have always wondered if I reacted this way because I was there in a past life.
Also when I was ten years old my big brother who was a British soldier married a German girl. I always felt uneasy around her. Just being around her used to put me on edge and I could never cope with her. My mother also felt the same way. But where my mum was concerned she hated her from day one. Just because she was German. Which really wasn't fair.
But I always felt uncomfortable around her. I also knew that she looked down on me. Like I was some sort of lower being. At times she did make things difficult for me. But she never really did me any major harm. ( well not in this life ).
I can't feeling that my mum was also there with me. Her dislike of Germans was completely illogical.
Whilst I am not a racist person. This lady did make me feel uncomfortable. Fortunately for me. My brother is not married to her any more so I never see her.
Old 13-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Pathfinder

Please don't think I am a racist person because I am not. It was just her that made me feel that way. I may have felt that way because of my mums hatred of her. But part of me wonders if we had met in that life in some way. I also know that her grandfather was a member of the Gestapo. But I found that out years later.
Before seeing this film I knew nothing about the holocaust. I had never watched anything on it. That is why my reaction was so odd.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Suspended
I think that there is a connection there maybe you were there in a past life and the fact that you kinda feel like you were there and the unexplained shock makes it more likely to me.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Yes, l wouldn't be surprised if your mum was there as well, because we've usually reincarnated throughout many lifetimes with the people we are with in this life. It's like a soul-group. Also the fact that the German woman's grandfather was a nazi seems to give added support to this being a past-life memory.
We also meet our enemies from past lives because something needs to be worked out. This German woman still has a lot of hatred to deal with by the sound of it, and your mother probably does to, as her deep-rooted disgust of anything German would suggest - of course it has nothing to do with racism, as you say. This is all to do with past-life trauma.
Phobias and such like are carried over from other lives all the time. There have been many studies made on children, for example in the quote below:

Quote:
Among the phobias proposed were many that one could reasonably understand a child developing, such as phobias of snakes and spiders, high places, air travel, deep water, being seen naked, social interactions, getting an injection, reciting in class, and being criticized. But there were also several that would seem to defy any logical explanation in the context of the present life of a young child and, moreover, could be considered to have more relevance to past societies than present. These include phobias relating to poisoned food, germs, wars and riots, members of another race, breaking a religious law, being kidnapped and going crazy.

There was a psychiatrist who studied cases of reincarnation for about 40 years and wrote 14 books on this and related subjects. His name was lan stevenson. l've provided a link to some information about him. l think most of his work was with children who remembered past lives and people who had birthmarks in connection with past life traumas. He said this about some children he had investigäted:

http://www.near-death.com/experience...rnation01.html

Quote:
In 35% of cases he investigated, children who died an unnatural death developed phobias. For example, if they had drowned in a past life then they frequently developed a phobia about going out of their depth in water. If they had been shot, they were often afraid of guns and sometimes loud bangs in general. If they died in a road accident they would sometimes develop a phobia of traveling in cars, buses or lorries.

Another frequently observed unusual form of behavior, which Dr. Stevenson called philias, concerns children who express the wish to eat different kinds of food or to wear clothes that were different from those of their culture. If a child had developed an alcohol, tobacco or drug addiction as an adult in a previous incarnation he may express a need for these substances and develop cravings at an early age.

Many of these children with past-life memories show abilities or talents that they had in their previous lives. Often children who were members of the opposite sex in their previous life show difficulty in adjusting to the new sex. These problems relating to the 'sex change' can lead to homosexuality later on in their lives. Former girls who were reborn as boys may wish to dress as girls or prefer to play with girls rather than boys.

Until now all these human oddities have been a mystery to conventional psychiatrists - after all, the parents could not be blamed for their children's behavior in these cases. At long last research into reincarnation is shedding some light on the subject. In the past, doctors blamed such peculiarities on a lack or a surplus of certain hormones, but now they will have to do some rethinking.
Old 13-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshmaiden.
Hi when I was in my early twenties. I was watching a programme on TV called war and rememberance it was set in World War Two. In this programme. I saw a scene where Jews where being herded into the gas chamber and then thrown into mass graves.
Now I know it is normal for something like this to cause upset. But this programme actually had me traumatised for a very long time after. It was almost like I had PTSD.bi kept having flash backs to some of the scenes in this programme. I was upset way beyond what would be normal and literally cried for months after.
Since then I had a thirst to learn more about what happened during the holocaust. When I have seen programmes about aushwitz.i have felt that it is strangely familiar.
I have often wondered if I was there in a past life. If I was actually a Jew.bwhat is your opinion. I have seen many other things in history that have not affected me this way.
I would like to know other peoples opinions. Could this have been some sort of past life memory or flashback

sounds like part of the planning for the life you are in now.

when you are planning a life, you can look at all the lives gone by and pick the pieces you want to construct your next life. not what is seen as YOUR past lives, you can see all the lives gone by.

in your choosing you begin to construct certain elements such as gender, or certain strengths you see in that life, or certain loves, such as music, or certain talents, like science. or or or or.

now that you have uncovered a choice, ask yourself what it is about that era the you want to work with. it is the faith of the person. or the feeling of helplessness. or or or.

i remember a life gone by where i was killed just outside of a pub. i knew the person dying last thought was that she should never had taken up the mug. in this life, i was born in an alcoholic family yet i somehow knew i should not drink. see how it works.

kk
Old 22-01-2015, 01:15 PM
jerrygg38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshmaiden.

According to my dreams and visions and contact with the spiritual world, many Jewish souls during the holocaust were transmitted to the new Earth of Isaiah. This is 30,000 light years away and the transmission at Godspeed is 1,000 light years per second. It was a spiritual harvest and has occurred billions of times in the past.
Many Jewish souls were brought into Christian bodies. You most likely were killed in the Holocaust. In time, you soul will return to the Jewish tribe or it may achieve the higher new Earth of Isaiah. In any event when you die there will be a period of time in the spiritual world (also the Kingdom of Heaven) in which you will see many of your past lives. Then you will move on. In any event you soul still needs work and many reincarnations before you can achieve the higher Earth. The good point is that you are on a pathway to the stars.
Old 22-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Pathfinder

That sounds really interesting and yes I was raised in the Christian faith. Although I'm not religious how. But I do strongly believe in the spirit world and reincarnation. This is a belief that I have come to understand myself. Through my own experiences. Also in part I've believed in reincarnation because of a story my dad told me about when he was a young man.
As a young man he called up for national service. After his training he was going to be posted in North Korea. All his things where put on the plane headed for North Korea. At the last minute he was taken off the plane as they had decided that he would be needed more in Egypt. As they needed a clerk urgently over there. Anyway the plane that he should have been on crashed and all the people on board where killed. I guess it just wasn't my dad's time.
When my dad arrived in Egypt. Everything around him looked familiar. So familiar that he was able to lead the other men to place where they could get some food.
He knew he had been there before. He was certain of that. It must have been a recent life as the place he led them to was still there.
Funnily enough my dad has always been fascinated by Egypt ever since. So it does go to show how past lives can be partly remembered when we visit a place that we have lived in before. X