Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Suspended

thats my take on it anyways, until i can understand how you are real. everything i keep coming back to is that its just my thoughts, and my thoughts back then were powerful so the experiences were powerful, now i ask the universe to show me something and i get nothing, which again my level of thought which leads back to everything being me.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm[]
LOA means law of attraction. if you think about something, it comes into your reality AKA life.

@sunshineShadow - your not real, your not really sitting there typing anything, im just reading words that make me believe im talking to someone on a computer somewhere that wrote a post in reply to what I posted. you only react to me in the way i think you would.

Yeah, that's called solipsism.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 PM
smattering

Quote:
LOA means law of attraction. if you think about something, it comes into your reality AKA life.

@sunshineShadow - your not real, your not really sitting there typing anything, im just reading words that make me believe im talking to someone on a computer somewhere that wrote a post in reply to what I posted. you only react to me in the way i think you would.

Why post a thread at all if you're going to dismiss everyone's existence who responds? Doesn't that suggest that you must at least a little bit believe that you're not the only one in existence?

I'm not saying one way or the other if you're the only one who's real or not. I can't give you those answers and I don't think anyone can. Even if you had an experience that made you absolutely positive that you knew the answer, how could you be sure that was even real?

I do believe that over-thinking it only complicates things though. If you were supposed to know the answer, you probably would. I don't think we're ready for these answers yet, collectively (or singularly, if you're the only one who exists).
Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account

solipism is not subjective reality. steve pavlina even talks about that in his post. also,you can be sure of anything,it's your thinking that makes it so. ;)

"Change is the only constant."
Old 07-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Deactivated Account

it's like if you keep thinking the sky could be blue or the sky could be purple,the sky may very well show you both then because your beliefs are conflicting but once you decide,ok,the sky is blue,then the sky is blue. the best thing ever is once you accept,and can grasp that most spiritual truths are paradoxes,it is an amazing thing,you can accept "imperfection" and things not making perfect sense llogically though intuitively they do. physical realm things are linear but beyond physical realm time is non linear. Once you accept the wacky,you,in a sense become free. i find for myself most spiritual truths will have you seeming illogical and insane. Well,alice in wonderland is my favorite book,it to me is a metaphorical book about subjective reality. "all of life is but a dream" "your reality is not my reality." This book is quite genius. Accept that things don't have to make sense,become aware,and follow what feels right. I was in the "vortex" the other day,and nothing was gone,and all was well. How would you feel to know all who have deceased from your reality were really just in another room?

Old 07-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
solipism is not subjective reality. steve pavlina even talks about that in his post. also,you can be sure of anything,it's your thinking that makes it so. ;)

Solipsism, as defined via the first paragraph of wikipedia:

Quote:
...the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known, and might not exist outside the mind.

And now let's see what the OP wrote...:

Quote:

Now tell me that's not solipsism?

Solipsism is subjective, to the person who believes it. Everything is subjective, that is the only objective truth.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Solipsism, as defined via the first paragraph of wikipedia:

And now let's see what the OP wrote...:

Now tell me that's not solipsism?

Solipsism is subjective, to the person who believes it. Everything is subjective, that is the only objective truth.

well,aren't you defensive? did you read the post i even referred to? I'm not engaging in a debate. Debates are for people not certain of their beliefs or those who wants to fluff their egos or push down the egos of others. Words and labels are not that important. What is important is to find something that resonates as truth to you. People who say subjective reality would make them feel lonely or depressed are really talking about solipism. I could also care less about being right. I care more about feeling good. I threw out some spiritual pieces for those who may find use for it,if it doesn't work for you,then fine but I am not going to debate my beliefs. People who believe in law of attraction will often find a lot of use from studying subjective reality. This helped me back in 2010 right after i discovered loa. First,i discovered meditation(09),then loa(late 09/10),then subjective reality(2010). Each of those pieces connected more and more truths for me.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:12 AM
tcorsus

My own take on this subject is that well, even if you believe that no-one else is real, something must be responsible for what they do and say and so on. And the solipsist perspective is "I am responsible!"

Well, in my view, yes and no. Who is the I that is responsible? Is it the ego, the mind? Are you really responsible for anything? Do you make your heart beat? Do you make the sun rise in the morning and set at night? I think a more intellectually honest realization is that things are just happening… within and without!

My advice when this sort of solipsistic thinking begins to come up is to just relax and surrender to the flow of things as they're happening. And in that surrender the sense of self actually becomes very weak, there's a blurring of lines and boundaries and there's just a sense of one-ness and harmony with all that is happening.

My sense is that ultimately everything does have the same source, but it's not the little ego that believes "I'm the only one!" It's the universal self which pervades all things as love.

:)

<3
to you all
Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 AM
SunshineShadow

Quote:

Perhaps that is true, but what about when you are not reading something from me and are not interacting with the thought of me... Do I cease to exist at all? Because I feel very much alive 100% of the time.... that must mean I am real somewhere right?
Old 08-07-2014, 02:03 AM
SunshineShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorsus
My own take on this subject is that well, even if you believe that no-one else is real, something must be responsible for what they do and say and so on. And the solipsist perspective is "I am responsible!"

Well, in my view, yes and no. Who is the I that is responsible? Is it the ego, the mind? Are you really responsible for anything? Do you make your heart beat? Do you make the sun rise in the morning and set at night? I think a more intellectually honest realization is that things are just happening… within and without!

My advice when this sort of solipsistic thinking begins to come up is to just relax and surrender to the flow of things as they're happening. And in that surrender the sense of self actually becomes very weak, there's a blurring of lines and boundaries and there's just a sense of one-ness and harmony with all that is happening.

My sense is that ultimately everything does have the same source, but it's not the little ego that believes "I'm the only one!" It's the universal self which pervades all things as love.

:)

<3
to you all

My screen name on here used to be surrender to the flow! lol, very good point you make though. Regardless of whether you think you're the only one and no one else is real or you think the total opposite, I think the key perhaps is that you are thinking... And you have to follow that.... WHO is doing the thinking? WHERE is the thought coming from? It arises, and falls, as do they all.