Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Guide

How Do I Get Past the Longing?

Today is one of those days I just miss contact with my twin and find myself just longing for at least contact with him. I just talked with him yesterday but then am left wanting more.

Looking for ideas of how to get past these feeling when they come. I'm busy and involved in a lot, but I just get these feelings, especially when I wake up. How do you all deal with this?

Thanks for the input.
Old 15-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdm1
Today is one of those days I just miss contact with my twin and find myself just longing for at least contact with him. I just talked with him yesterday but then am left wanting more.

Looking for ideas of how to get past these feeling when they come. I'm busy and involved in a lot, but I just get these feelings, especially when I wake up. How do you all deal with this?

Thanks for the input.

Why don't you just contact him?
Old 15-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Why don't you just contact him?

I did.

He is very busy with his job/travel. I try to not be a bother to him when he's working. I also try to let him do some of the work in this friendship. But I just miss him sometimes.
Old 15-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Experiencer

I understand what you are going thru. Try to communicate to your TF, let him know if you miss him and find a way to have some contact, maybe a quick call, IM or text. It helps. Also imagine his higher is right there with you, you can communicate telepathically to his higher self. I tecently realize my TF really likes my efgorts to stay connected and really trues hus best (he work 10 to 10, M-Sat).
Old 15-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Master
Doing that Abraham Hicks stuff I've been talking about will help to get you to a better feeling place. I think trying to find things that make you feel even a little better is all you can do. Bear in mind that at the moment energies are especially strong and can easily make you wobble. Normally we can handle a bit of wobble, but because of current energies it seems to knock us out of our socks right away. I've also had bad moments of triggering and derailing the last few days. In the end I did manage to find some peace of mind, before that I went from despair, doubt, hurt, anger, fear, and so on. And we're in relationship, I know he loves me to bits. Just to illustrate current energies can be real overwhelming.
Think of all the good things he does do, the knowledge he doesn't want to sever contact etc. Maybe just send him an email to tell him your feelings? He can reply to a mail whenever he has time.

Also bear in mind Mercury is retrograde and it's in Virgo, making the effect stronger when you're not centered. Mercury Retro is 'bad' whenever you're not in the heart and centered. Then it will trigger insecurities and fears.
So it really is important to make sure you get at as high a vibration as you possible can. I managed to do that the other day, and it did help.

Hang in there! Hug!
Old 16-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Deactivated Account
I am in the process of re-programming my brain! With the help of herbs and supplements for my brain as it can be stressful as we re-program our brain.

I managed to sub-consciously manage my "sad isolated feelings" by giving them a certain amount of time to mull over. Usually about an hour a day lol.

I don't really set the hour, it just happens- when I start obsessing I will just go "ok, I am obsessing, I will give it some of my time".

Once the time is up I get on with other things - focusing on activities which my brain enjoys but I have lost focus on due to co - dependency and obsessive thinking.

So... this has actually been really helpful, I just take it in bight sized chunks as I break down those thought patterns.
I set small goals - one of them is to do something (anything) creative each day. The other is get some exercise (any amount as I am breaking it into bight sized chunks) and read one paragraph of a book which interests me. I focus all of these activities around things which I enjoy and which are all actually part of the path I am walking anyway!
Sometimes I pick a random book and set a goal to read just one paragraph of it.

It takes a while to refocus and rewire those pathways, apparently though - very small goals work towards the brain changing itself -
For example your goal might be "do one push up today"
Even the act of setting that small goal and following through with it start to restructure the brain.
I have been doing this for about a week now, because I have developed an obsessive and unhealthy attachment and co-dependency issues. I am noticing very positive results and am going to keep going to re-claim my life. Occasionally I still feel that separation quite strongly- I don't fight the feeling, I allow it for a while and then get on with my bight sized goals.

These are some really wonderful and practical tools to use which really help me.
Old 16-08-2017, 03:07 AM
Knower

Writing out how I feel, in letter form helps me. There are pages upon pages. Maybe one day I'll show them to him. I get what you mean, though. Right now I feel so spoiled because he's talking to me a lot. That almost makes me long for him more.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Where does the "longing" take place...in your heart or your head? When you can locate it, observe it.... you should then feel it disappear. All emotional pain begins in the mind as it conflicts with the heart. The heart just allows things to be while the mind has so many thoughts and opinions about it. Observe the mind and thought stops, then so does the longing.
Old 16-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Think of all the good things he does do, the knowledge he doesn't want to sever contact etc. Maybe just send him an email to tell him your feelings? He can reply to a mail whenever he has time.

Yes you are right, I need to focus on the good things when I start questioning. I also realize that it was never him who severed the connection years ago, it was me, and it was because I could no longer accept him in my life if he were not in it in a certain way. He welcomed me back with open arms.

He got that email telling him how I felt several months ago. While that still did not get me where I'd like us to be it did forge an understanding.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 16-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
Where does the "longing" take place...in your heart or your head? When you can locate it, observe it.... you should then feel it disappear. All emotional pain begins in the mind as it conflicts with the heart. The heart just allows things to be while the mind has so many thoughts and opinions about it. Observe the mind and thought stops, then so does the longing.

Yes you are right. It is in my mind that I begin to wonder all kinds of things. Interestingly a recent reading told me my head and heart are not in alignment.

Thanks for your reply!