Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
When I see myself as having something others need, I attract people who want others to give them something. That can be a problem. The truth is I'm full of it and out of my dysfunction I attract other dysfunctional people and create more dysfunction. It all starts with the assumption that I have something others need. which is really just delusion and pride. When I let it all go, then something healthy happens.

Wow -- so much wisdom this morning, and not just from Seawolf!

I was just visiting another forum, and the sayings these people.....you people are coming up with this morning is just awesome! (Must be something in the air or the coffee!)

Old 11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
HeartSong11

I don't know if I've attracted more people who are "broken" since becoming more aware but I attract many people (some I don't even know) in social situations. They flock to me and open up to me within minutes of meeting me.
I've been in so many situation where someone tells me their deepest most inner thoughts and after a while they are like "I don't know why I'm telling you this". A lot of the time people are practically strangers and yet they share thoughts with me that they haven't even shared with their closest friends. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. I'm not sure what I do to attract it. I like to help others and if lending a listening ear helps it makes me happy.
I have had a few people in life who attached to let off their negative energy on me and it's hard to handle.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Master

Thanks for all your great thought prevoking replies!
I have not been noticing that I directly attract more broken people in particular at all really lol.
But I have noticed that I feel a 'soul recognition' with alot more people, which could just be purely an awareness thing.
So yes I am more observant and aware of the people around me than I was before my awakening.
I like what I think you were saying silent, about my own attachments.
I don't want to completely avoid people just because I may perceive them (wrongly or rightly) that they are 'broken', not whole.
Gosh I felt so lost and lacked the deep sense of self worth and self love I have now and all it took for me to realise my worth was a few people who had faith in me and I am always very grateful for these people.
I do have one friend who for a while seemed to latch on to me, she has a very poor sense of self worth and cycles from bad relationship to bad relationship. . . But I realise that is her journey.
I communicate with her less than she would like because well I guess because of self preservation.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Wow -- so much wisdom this morning, and not just from Seawolf!

I was just visiting another forum, and the sayings these people.....you people are coming up with this morning is just awesome! (Must be something in the air or the coffee!)
I've never been afraid to venture outside of popular opinion. In today's spiritual world it seems popular to 'help' others who are 'unawakened'. I would say we probably need to help ourselves first. Human delusion is pretty powerful though, so I doubt we'll start taking responsibility instead of seeing others as unawakened and needing our help anytime soon.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I've never been afraid to venture outside of popular opinion. In today's spiritual world it seems popular to 'help' others who are 'unawakened'. I would say we probably need to help ourselves first. Human delusion is pretty powerful though, so I doubt we'll start taking responsibility instead of seeing others as unawakened and needing our help anytime soon.

Yes, I agree. The only way to truly help, perhaps, is to remind or tell others to do their seeking within.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yes, I agree. The only way to truly help, perhaps, is to remind or tell others to do their seeking within.
I agree, I remember someone once said 'you can be your own guru'. And another person that said 'if you think you're awakened and others aren't, you're not as awakened as you think'.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Master

I like all those las few posts and I wholeheartedly agree! It's just difficult when some people enter your lives expecting you to know their answers lol!
I have a friend like that and I am sometimes a bit harsh with her telling her that she needs to look inside to her truth and answer them herself.
I don't really know any other way to respond to her.
Old 13-11-2013, 01:13 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I like all those las few posts and I wholeheartedly agree! It's just difficult when some people enter your lives expecting you to know their answers lol!
I have a friend like that and I am sometimes a bit harsh with her telling her that she needs to look inside to her truth and answer them herself.
I don't really know any other way to respond to her.

When you let go of all ideas about sharing of yourself in any way you trust of you, then answers for others doesnt require any label added...we create meaning to much of what we do..where as in sharing of you, being yourself in any way you choose, is only being you..you might share a part of your own experience to help them feel some kind of resonation..you may offer examples of others..in the end your not giving them answers you only awakekning a resonation that is the answer in them anyway...they take exactly what they need..

Every situation calls for something different...recognising boundaries is another level of sharing of you..your sending a clear message that you respect and hold those boundaries for yourself.

Sometimes providing them with the right question, opens them to find their own answer...
Old 13-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Administrator
Hello

I had a full on non planned Kundalini Awakening, that opened a very closed heart centre I had. Closed by me early on, for what I took on in early life that I had no foundations of understandings in. Being able to see and talk to dead people some 50 year's ago was not the same in acceptance as it is now. So I shut down the emotions of the heart for the most part. Went deep inside me, and stayed there til I was in me late 40's.

In working with those very lost, I was able to feel their emotions on the Empathic levels so I felt via them what they were going through but remained on the outside looking in. When I had the awakening I now felt not only what others did but I too felt what was going on around me with life full on. A friend said to me I was often like talking to a "zombie" as there were no emotions they could feel from me, but the words I offered flowed very clearly from a strong and compassionate caring heart. I had that aspect open....just never felt it.

With the awakening I have not found that I attract more, more that the levels I can reach with others are more clear in the path they take. I found that I could fully surrender to intuitions to give readings and do message work on a much deeper level. I too found that I would at times find that I would break down into tears doing messages, and at first that scared me to no end....again its about showing one is human and that human emotional side to the World in which I work at times in front of an audience.

I had to learn how to give a simple hug.....and not take on the full on emotions and at times illnesses one's had. Being able to ground to that aspect took a bit of time.

If I had not had the open heart I would have missed out on going to England in 2012 and then bringing the friend over to Canada when his life fell to pieces.

I feel that we all have our roles, rule one is to make sure one is working in that place of trust, respect and boundaries being in place. That one does not fall into that all too often place of being used and abused for what one can do for others. I touch wood I have not had that issue of late. Working more grounded sure helps with that one.

Lynn
Old 13-11-2013, 04:00 AM
LadyTerra

It is very hard to draw boundaries and say no to those who have difficulty respecting boundaries--but it must be done.