Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-02-2023, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Abraham Hicks says you don't have to go over old stuff, don't have to digest it, ONLY if it is bothering you in your present day life. Otherwise you don't.
That reminds me of a work mate I used to have. We became close friends at work and I learned she was severely abused in childhood. She told me she was really messed up and got worse and worse because she would go to all these councilors and therapists who wanted her to relive it all. Go back to all those painful memories and discuss them, feel them, work though them and all of that. She said it all made everything much worse. Over time she discovered what worked for her is to never think about those memories. To put them completely out of her consciousness and mind. To stay focused on the present moment and if her attention ever went to those things to "snap herself" out of it. To place her attention back on the now. She said she was very happy that she found a way to live without all that trauma haunting her or being a part of her life.

I've learned myself we can consciously be aware when our attention in on painful memories and just that awareness, "oh I have it here, I am choosing to have it here" frees us. It's like a ghost that can haunt us but we discover we are feeding it, keeping it alive, making it a part of now by placing our attention on it, that realization lets us complexly see the unreality of it. It is only a part of now because of what we are doing. Focusing on it.

Knowing we can direct our attention off of where it may be habitually going is pretty powerful I think.
Old 26-02-2023, 08:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
we need to be in a no-thought’ zone.
Which is a useful thought to have right? So some thoughts are best kept and used like the one above.

I was thinking the reason this is hard to put into words is because the elephant in the room is being ignored. I think there are two vastly different perspectives a person can have. My perspective or "base" or center can be the body mind or above the body mind, detached and not identified with it. Two completely different identities, or points or perspectives we are living and experiencing from. One the delusional false identity and one the true self.

Also it is not so clean cut. We are in part of a process to discover our true selves and there is a lot of delusion to see though. So even if our perspective is towards the true self, we could still be missing some stuff. Some mind/body identity could still be mixed in. It's a work in progress. We also go back and forth between these points of perspective.

But if we say there is no practice or we need to have no ideas or thoughts, that is not really true I don't think. When our focus point or perspective is the conditioned body mind, then yes practices become egotistical, such thoughts create dualism, our self centeredness becomes stronger though doing spiritual pursuits as the ego. But when our perspective is leaning more towards the true self, then thoughts can free us, practices can liberate us. Being non-identified with thought, empty, is a practice. Learning to be aware in the now and not focused on body mind is a practice and a thought or pre-word understanding we can carry.
Old 27-02-2023, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
that is exactly what Joe Dispenza's work offers. I'm thinking you aren't familiar with it

@ Fairy Crystal ~ yes, I’m not acquainted with Joe Dispenza’s work or beliefs.

I think all that needed to be said has been conveyed from my side. I’m happy to have been able to share the understanding on we may say, becoming or recognition of Self.

Edit: I have no argument with those who wish to engage any any formatted practice other than to advise caution against urge for securing an imagined or desired ‘attainment’. All I’m saying is, my life path did not require anything to be done except of course choosing to shift in waking reality, moment to moment, mindfully. Thereafter, whatever happened was, we may say, natural progression, occurring spontaneously.
Old 27-02-2023, 03:26 AM
Newbie ;)

there is a state of awareness that transcends impulsiveness and verbalization, a state of union with the present that experiences without instinctively identifying w/ this or that. Wherein to produce new thought processes (or no) is a choice.

one of my understandings of 'attainment' is grounded in an approach that strives to gradually increase everyday supply of love (from meditations/rituals/initiations) & the all embracingness of the heart, while also monitoring one's own sanity and taking care to make of sanity a totem to be approached, and identified as possessed internally.

My main school of initiation is the Individuate Church, which draws on Jungian symbolism, and mindfulness of a Jungian Self that represents the whole of the psyche capable of perceiving itself as it is - or what it is when not perceived.

"Becoming no-thing" is a useful teaching for the Individuates, and the Self you approach at least symbolizes to me the Self of Jung.
Old 27-02-2023, 04:55 AM
Master
@ Saint Jzeauruth ~ interesting. I had a quick look at ‘self of Jung’ on a few platforms. Cannot comment.

It is true that love is the all encompassing unifying God energy that dissolves in it, all opposites.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:30 AM
Master
This video seems relevant to the thread ~ https://youtu.be/pRlO4KsGp1Q
Old 01-03-2023, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
This video seems relevant to the thread ~ https://youtu.be/pRlO4KsGp1Q
Nice. I liked the nuance of his explanation.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:09 AM
Newbie ;)

The video looked very interesting, I got about nine minutes in and didn't have time to go further yet.

A thorough education alters the vibe when moments arrive absent verbal reflection, or even absent reflection in terms of meaning when it comes to that particular type of reflection which constantly instinctively boosts or downsizes our impression of self with pride. Moments when a love of all beings is the only emotion motivating our meaning-interpreting intellect to create newness apart from any instinct at all.

"Becoming no-thing" could be about how to get to reflectionless experiencing, and maybe also the spiritual dimensions of the different attributes one encounters there.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:31 AM
Master
@ SaintJzearuth ~ the Self or we may say, our true being has no identity and no attribute, simply being as it is, self-existent, luminous, peaceful and complete, in a singularity outside of space-time, self-aware.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Quote:
~ the Self or we may say, our true being has no identity and no attribute, simply being as it is,
self-existent, luminous, peaceful and complete, in a singularity outside of space-time, self-aware.
That is almost exactly what someone said in an NDE youtube I just saw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru