Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Summerlander

Quote:
I was debating whether to put this here, because I thought i would offend people. But I'm not insulting the religion of Christianity or anything related to it, just looking for opinions from people who know more about Christianity than I do.

You wouldn't be insulting them. You'd be attempting to open their eyes. You cannot be condemned for trying to make people see that what they believe in is a lie!! If they expect others to let them believe in what they do and they spread their beliefs to others, then you should be allowed to say that the whole idea sounds ridiculous to you! I'll tell you exactly what makes your blood boil about this religion and no Christian will take offence because, if they call themselves Christians then they should be good, kind and understanding towards you and they will FORGIVE you for having your opinions!

Christians are people who think that without their religion, they'll feel like they don't belong, or that things are gonna go wrong for them because the presence of God is not in their lives. Some have nothing to believe in for themselves so they adopt the beliefs of others. Christianity doesn't help people...people either help themselves (mentally/physically) or they are lucky in life and believe that God had something to do with it.

Some pray and then wonder why things still go wrong (I emphasise that things are wrong because people make them wrong in their minds/events don't suit or upset people) through the course of truly random events or events that really were their doing or they left themselves vulnerable to them while they were too busy relying on miracles and the grace of God. Conveniently, the clergymen will remind them of the story of Jacob, in which his faith is tested when God and the Devil have a bet!

Christianity exploits people through their fears and bias. It is a form of control and a scheme for profit. It provides false hope and the illusion that someone out there, that you can turn to in your moments of despair, already knows everything and can act as a medium for God to be able to forgive you for all your sins. God, of course, is the Santa Claus for adults! If you behave, you'll be rewarded! If you don't, you'll go to hell (no reward, no presents children). Heaven is like Santa's house in the North Pole! And just like children would find it hard to accept that Santa doesn't exist if they've been conditioned to believe...so do adults find it hard (if not harder) to let go of the mass delusion they've been attached to since birth. It's sad really.

Quote:
The sight or mention of anything christian related makes my hackles rise every single time, makes my skin crawl

Same here!

Quote:
I know that this religion has helped people all around the world and shaped our world as we know it. It brings hope to peoples lives and inspires generosity too.

Has it? Has it really helped? It brings false hope for sure. And generosity shouldn't be inspired...it should come naturally from within.

Quote:
I have no reason not to like Christianity...yet here I am, still feeling utterly hateful of it.

I have every reason to dislike Christianity, starting with the fact that they cling onto and worship the symbol depicting a human being who was crucified for his beliefs (if indeed that really took place). That's right, the image of a human being being murdered! Also, let's not forget what they did to heretics...what an example they set!

Quote:
I apologize for offending anyone and have no want for this thread to be come an argument. I have my best intentions in mind.

Don't apologise for how you feel! That's very honest of you. I hope I've helped you in some way. Perhaps I have reminded you of why you dislike Christianity! LOL!
Old 30-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Sangress

Quote:
ou wouldn't be insulting them. You'd be attempting to open their eyes. You cannot be condemned for trying to make people see that what they believe in is a lie!!

Heh, I find that really ironic because even though I have been known to come out with statements like "god is a lie"...etc I actually have no idea WHY he is apparently a lie. At times like those my logic is separated from my awareness, and my mouth just seems to work on its own!

Somehow I do not see Christianity as being at fault for the actions of people. I can't blame Christianity for the actions of individuals who had (and still have) the freewill to choose what path they will take in their life.

Without Christianity those people would probably act in the same ways, only in a less organized form.

I think that it's very much a part of human nature to be violent and want power and to be morally acceptable, to find something to blame for their troubles, to gain a distraction from the mundane life, to have a need to feel safe and secure even if it means creating something to meet those needs. (Not saying Christianity was just taken out of thin air and created, this is in general.)

People will act this way regardless of which religion they are involved in. Similar "crimes" of humanity can be found all over the world and across all faiths....so hmm. I don't see a direct link between Christianity and human nature, so I don't think that is why I feel such a deep hatred toward Christianity/god/Jesus/faith.

Though, theoretically, I can say that if a religion did happen to represent the less romanticized truth of human nature, then I would most certainly disagree and fight against it.

Quote:
Perhaps I have reminded you of why you dislike Christianity! LOL!

Heh, that is where I become more confused.

I make no straight judgments on Christianity (please, correct me if I have,) and I can find no reason to hate it, yet I do.

It's all still subconscious and illogical for me! How does THAT happen? Seriously...you'd think something would jump out at me by now and yell "LOOK AT THIS, THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE REASON! YOU AGREE WITH THIS AND ACCEPT IT!" But so far it has not happened.

Quote:
Don't apologise for how you feel! That's very honest of you.

Why not apologize for convenience and to avoid conflict?

I see it as no sign of weakness or of being capable of undermining the thread in the same way as enabling people to take offense would.

Quote:
I hope I've helped you in some way.

You have. You've enabled me to order my thoughts more precisely and tick off a few more reasons that do not anger me about Christianity from this ever growing list.

The more christian things that I know I do not feel hateful of, the closer I get to the truth of this mystery of mine.

Thank you for voicing your rather strong opinion. :)
Old 30-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Light21

Summerlander I am christian and I forgive you for your beliefs lol. As if beliefs need to be forgiven. You have your opinion like I have mine and I respect you for yours. First things first you are wrong on who was tempted in the Bible it was Job. Yes God wanted to test Jobs faith. In the end though Job stood grounded in it and God rewarded him quite nicely. Not every christian stands on the streets spreading belief. I dont proclaim it widely. If it is brought up I state what I believe in. I think who you really are shines out through actions. Anyone can speak. That is easy. Unfortunately in every religion people scam others by beliefs. Even in a spiritual setting. All the time fake psychics say that they know certain things about you. When all they did was read out your facial reactions to their remarks and questions. Not every christian has killed people. The Catholic church did and still continues to do some horrible things. I havent ever persecuted anyone or killed anyone. I dont cling to and worship the cross. I dont wear one around my neck. I have a small one in my home. I find the cross to be sad I would rather look outside and within myself and see life and know that life is good and that is the goal is eternal life. That is why Jesus died on the cross was to bring eternal life to human kind. For me christianity isnt a religion its who I am. I am not judging your or condeming you for your beliefs. It takes courage no matter what they are to speak out. I am sorry that you have seen such negativity within christians. Not all of us are Bible thumping, preaching, hypocritic freaks. I make mistakes and sin because I am human.
Old 30-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Summerlander

@ Sangress:
Quote:
Why not apologize for convenience and to avoid conflict?

See, that's the difference between you and me. I'm not afraid to speak my mind and how people react is not my responsibility. Read my signature.

@ Light21:

You forgive me? Now that's a good Christian...LOL! Btw, I like your post and I fully respect your beliefs. I like the fact that you didn't let what I said enfuriate you as most Christians that I've met have. Likewise, I don't let the preacher annoy me.

Thanks for correcting me about Job. Also, I'm with you about psychics. So far I haven't seen a convincing one. I've seen cold readers. I haven't seen any psychics. Have you?

There is only one thing that I hope you can clarify for me as a Christian:

Quote:
That is why Jesus died on the cross was to bring eternal life to human kind.

What about the people who died before Jesus? Also, what makes you so sure that Jesus really existed when it's supposed to have been that long ago?

Quote:
I make mistakes and sin because I am human.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement and I admire your honesty. Btw, you are who you are and it is not a crime to be Christian. Not that I have to tell you that...
Old 30-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
perhaps Sangress, on some subconscious level, you pick up on the mass consciousness of all those Peoples, entire indigenous tribes, who were driven into extinction by Christianity's merciless march across the globe. the cross and other Christian symbols would be evil to those whose lives and cultures were destroyed in the name of Jesus and there are a lot of them. even if you yourself are not taking Christianity's bloody history into account the human collective remembers and perhaps, just perhaps, reacts through you.
Old 30-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
a past life with negative experiences somehow relating to a christian or christianity??
I swear we were separated at birth.

To stay on topic though - I think the religion of Christianity is one of the worst things that has happened to them.
A terrible religion/ organization filled with all the things that have already been mentioned above - fear-based, filled
with lies, superstition and the like keeping
people's minds locked and stunted in jugdment of others - basically separation ! The very definition of "sin" apparently from the Greek, right?
Oh, I could go on...

With all that, I adore Jesus and the limited amount we know of him. I gleen more thru A Course In Miracles (ACIM)
and the James E. Padget messages from 1914!
Even Eastern teachers explaining Christ more from P.Yogananda to a bunch of Swami books with deeper insights.

A crucifix - yes, let's peer at the very symbol of the anger and violent ignorance of Man's Mind that kills whatever is different
or challenges ancient belief systems or the politcal norm no matter how gentle or innocent or pure.

And yet, I respect the pure hearts of many Christians that are not aware of their religions hypocrisy.
I used to call myself one.
Their hearts are what count. ( I'm talking about my Christian brothers and sisters that do not judge and
practice kindness and love. Period.)
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-03-2011, 04:43 PM
AngelBreeze

¤ All Hope Is Not Lost! ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I was debating whether to put this here, because I thought i would offend people. But I'm not insulting the religion of Christianity or anything related to it, just looking for opinions from people who know more about Christianity than I do.

All my life I've had an aversion to god and anything christian related.

The sight or mention of anything christian related makes my hackles rise every single time, makes my skin crawl, makes me feel so horribly malevolent and irrational, hateful and generally wanting to just laugh in a sneery kind of way.

It really surprises me and nothing else gets that kind of reaction from me. I have no idea of where these emotions come up from, but they are there and they belong to me.

I've tried to research the religion, tried to ask my sister about it, tried to empathize with it and understand and feel something other than these overpowering negative vibes.....but after years of endeavoring against the emotions to find truth it has not changed.

It seems so ridiculous and hypocritical to me that I cannot seem to help but feel this way about Christianity and the beliefs and history involved with it.

I know that this religion has helped people all around the world and shaped our world as we know it. It brings hope to peoples lives and inspires generosity too.

I have no reason not to like Christianity...yet here I am, still feeling utterly hateful of it.

Why and how on earth can I feel this way?

Has anyone come across someone else reacting this way to Christianity?

Can anyone find a reason for this?

I'm at my wits end with trying to understand why I react this way, so hopefully others might be able to help me see a different perspective and help me understand these feelings.

I apologize for offending anyone and have no want for this thread to be come an argument. I have my best intentions in mind.

Thank you

Warm greetings Sangress,

What I am hearing you say is that you have never made a good, conscious effort to call upon God to help you with this dilemma you are facing. Have you ever reached out to Him with contrite heart to see why it is that you feel as you do?

I had almost passed over this thread but heard the Lord call me to it and instructed me to reply to you with the following Scriptures that I hope you take to heart.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." -- JEREMIAH 33:3 (KJV)

"Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon you; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon." -- ISAIAH 55: 6-7 (KJV)

This is a clear and bountiful message to you, Sangress, meant to help you understand that which you do not understand and the Lord has been merciful in this regard to welcome you back home. Quiet your mind and your heart and reach to God and reflect upon these Scriptural words and do not allow the negativity of the adversary's thoughts to interfere with your rightful mission to return to the One who Created you, who gives you your day-to-day life, and who Loves you more than you can possibly know.

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 30-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
She offered me the cross and I said no (because even then I hated it) but she insisted because "everyone needs prayer sometimes." So I held it, a little silver cross...nothing special...and after about 20 seconds it heated up and I gave it back to the woman and told her never to put that thing near me again.

I had welts on my hand for 3 days.
If I believed in the existence of vampires this would make me think that you are one.

Perhaps God is planning to use you in some way and Satan is aware of this and trying to prevent this by keeping you from becoming a Christian. In any case he is certainly involved in this in some way.
Old 30-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Master
I dont have a problem with christ [assuming he ever existed]. His philosophy and principles are sound, if a little uninspiring. The BIG problem is christianity - one of the most evil institutions on the planet. I dont have to list christianity's crimes against humanity - that's been done and is clearly evident, From it's very beginnings in the Roman Empire, christianity was an instrument of oppression, a means of population control, of keeping the common people in their place i.e. on their knees. Aristocracy backed by military with a parasitical priesthood preaching that you should accept your short, miserable life because only WE, the priesthood, control access to a better next life.. Christ did not deserve the religion he got. Christ must weep !
Old 30-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
If I believed in the existence of vampires this would make me think that you are one.

Perhaps God is planning to use you in some way and Satan is aware of this and trying to prevent this by keeping you from becoming a Christian. In any case he is certainly involved in this in some way.

or maybe some higher Truth is warning her away from a trap, the concept trap you're (happily) caught in, the concept trap i was (unhappily) caught in, a trap from which i escaped only after years of tedious humbling work in self honesty. wrenching myself free was painful and left scars which are still visible on my psyche but it was totally worth it.