Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-02-2024, 07:13 AM
Master

Insightful sayings by Rupert Spira on nonduality

A site with insightful sayings of Rupert Spira...

https://rupertspira.com/non-duality/quotes

Here is a gem...

Quote:
Mind is the activity or creativity of awareness in which awareness itself seems to become entangled. Awareness seems to lose itself in its own creativity; it veils itself with its own activity. Meditation is the disentangling of awareness from its own activity.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 10-02-2024, 12:59 PM
I love Mr. Spira. Thank you, Ajay.
I find this link easier - no cookies acceptance you must click to open - just easier.

https://www.google.com/search?client...t+spira+quotes

“Only that which is always with you can be said to be your self and if you
look closely and simply at experience, only awareness is always ‘with you’.”

Since at about 5, 6 yrs old - the One that is aware inside me looking out of these eyes
made Itself known to me, (I never know how to say this, lol)...
a Presence , a Witness - just watching with no feeling of good or bad or judgment...to a 5 yr old's little mind---
I am aware of that One that is always there 'aware"!!!
Hahaha, makes me laugh it's so goofy to talk about - esp to those that have no idea what you're saying! ;)

Ex: My sister asked what I was up to..."I've been practicing being aware of Awareness."
The expression on her face! Too funny.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2024, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
https://rupertspira.com/non-duality/quotes
That's an excellent quote from Spiro and worth repeating:

"Mind is the activity or creativity of awareness in which awareness itself seems to become entangled. Awareness seems to lose itself in its own creativity; it veils itself with its own activity. Meditation is the disentangling of awareness from its own activity. "

Hazrat Inayat Khan said something similar: "Creation begins with the activity of consciousness, which is vibration" .... and then the entanglement of which Rupert speaks. It's very similar to what happens in a dream.
Old 10-02-2024, 09:04 PM
As we know many will not click links ...and many don't know Rupert S.
So here is another quote. :)

Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen
and you will find yourself everywhere.

Rupert Spira

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-02-2024, 07:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
“Only that which is always with you can be said to be your self and if you
look closely and simply at experience, only awareness is always ‘with you’.”
Yes, this is an another great saying of Spira. Thank you for putting it over here.
Quote:
a Presence , a Witness - just watching with no feeling of good or bad or judgment...to a 5 yr old's little mind---
I am aware of that One that is always there 'aware"!!!
I am really glad for you.

Many people suffer needlessly due to lack of Self-knowledge and resultant ignorance, including so-called scholars and scientists who maybe proficient in their domains of material knowledge .
Quote:
Ex: My sister asked what I was up to..."I've been practicing being aware of Awareness."
The expression on her face! Too funny.
Yes, it is pretty ironical, and serves as a good example of what Spira is stating.

Your sister's true nature is Awareness or the Self. However she does not recognize the same and gives a blank expression to it.

Due to the spell of the witch-like Maya, her mind is focused on the external world and identities with its oscillating pleasures and pains, not realizing her true identity of the Self which is naturally peaceful and blissful.

Hopefully, you will be the goddess who will break the spell and enable your sister to recognize and embrace her natural Self.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 13-02-2024, 08:13 AM
Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Hey ajay00!! There is nothing better then recognizing and improving yourself. Thanks buddy for starting this amazing topic here.
Old 14-02-2024, 04:28 AM
Master
How does it feel when you see yourself everywhere?
Old 14-02-2024, 10:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
Hey ajay00!! There is nothing better then recognizing and improving yourself.

The Self is to be felt and recognized intuitively in silence and meditation due to its subtle nature.

There is a saying by Meher Baba in this regard, " A mind that is fast is sick. A mind that is slow is sound. A mind that is still is divine."

Meditation is, as Spira stated, disentangling Awareness or the Self from its own creative but compulsive activity.

So it is not a question of self-improvement, but recognizing and understanding your Self usually veiled by compulsive thinking and emoting.

Your Self, known also as Being , is divine and perfect in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
Thanks buddy for starting this amazing topic here.

You are welcome, friend. Glad you found it useful.

Old 14-02-2024, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Hazrat Inayat Khan said something similar: "Creation begins with the activity of consciousness, which is vibration" .... and then the entanglement of which Rupert speaks. It's very similar to what happens in a dream.
Thank you for this. The concept of enlightenment is also there in Sufism known as Fana.

Poems by sufi sages like Rumi often describe nondual perception eloquently.

Old 15-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Master
Reffering to this quote:

Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen
and you will find yourself everywhere.

-Rupert Spira

My question is:
How does it feel, emotionally, energy motionally, when you find yourself everywhere?