Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 26-08-2019, 06:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Rudraksha

How and Why to wear a Rudraksha?

Apart from being a huge aid in the attaining higher levels of spirituality and supporting to enhance one’s spiritual growth, the Rudraksha also has a major impact on the physical and mental well-being on a person. Rudraksha is a compound word in Sanskrit language made of two separate words i.e Rudra and aksha. According to Hinduism, Rudra is one of Lord Shiva's vedic(mentioned in the vedas, vedic texts) names and Aksha means teardrops. Thus, the name means Lord Rudra's teardrops.

The best quality ones come from a certain altitude in Himalayas because of the soil, atmosphere, and everything that influences them. These seeds are quite rare and have a very unique vibration. The curative properties of it have been utilized worldwide for a number of physical, mental and psychosomatic illnesses. Absolutely anyone, irrespective of their gender, cultural, ethnic, geographical or religious background can wear Rudraksha. Just make sure you get it from a genuine and authentic source.

A few things to keep in mind while wearing a Rudrakasha :
- It can be worn at all times including during sleep.
- Don't Eat non vegeterian food or consume alcoholic substances.
- Never let the mala in contact with any metal, its energy may conflict with
the metal.
- Remove the mala before going any funerals and child birth places.
- Don't lend your mala to anyone or show it off.
- Avoid wearing it in hot water showers and while using chemical cleansers.
- Don't touch the mala repeatedly or fidget with it.

For a person who is constantly moving, eats and sleeps in various places, Rudraksha is a very good support because it creates a cocoon around you. A cocoon of your own energy(aura), it cleanses your aura. You might have
noticed that when you go to a new place, sometimes you can fall asleep easily, whereas in certain other places you cannot fall asleep even if you are physically exhausted. The reason behind this is, if the vibrations and energy around you are not conducive to your kind of energy, you will not be able to settle down.

Usually the beads are strung together as a mala in a cotton or silk thread. Traditionally, it is believed the number of beads is 108 plus one. The extra bead is the Bindu. You can even wear it when you shower. If you take cold water baths and are not using any chemical detergent, it is especially good for the water to flow over it and upon your body. But if you are using chemical soaps or warm water, it becomes brittle and will crack after sometime, so it is best to avoid wearing it at such times.

Conditioning of Rudrakshas should be done every six months. To condition Rudraksha mala or beads, immerse them in ghee (clarified butter) for 24 hours and then soak them in full-fat milk for an additional 24 hours. Wash it water and wipe the beads with a clean cloth. Do not wash them with detergent or any cleansing substance.

Hope this gives you clear picture of all the myths and facts that revolve around Rudrasha. Thinking of getting one for yourself?
ShashtriJi can help, let us know in the comment section.
Old 26-08-2019, 06:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Rudraksha

[quote=AstrologerDubai]How and Why to wear a Rudraksha?

Apart from being a huge aid in the attaining higher levels of spirituality and supporting to enhance one’s spiritual growth, the Rudraksha also has a major impact on the physical and mental well-being on a person. Rudraksha is a compound word in Sanskrit language made of two separate words i.e Rudra and aksha. According to Hinduism, Rudra is one of Lord Shiva's vedic(mentioned in the vedas, vedic texts) names and Aksha means teardrops. Thus, the name means Lord Rudra's teardrops.

The best quality ones come from a certain altitude in Himalayas because of the soil, atmosphere, and everything that influences them. These seeds are quite rare and have a very unique vibration. The curative properties of it have been utilized worldwide for a number of physical, mental and psychosomatic illnesses. Absolutely anyone, irrespective of their gender, cultural, ethnic, geographical or religious background can wear Rudraksha. Just make sure you get it from a genuine and authentic source.

A few things to keep in mind while wearing a Rudrakasha :
- It can be worn at all times including during sleep.
- Don't Eat non vegeterian food or consume alcoholic substances.
- Never let the mala in contact with any metal, its energy may conflict with
the metal.
- Remove the mala before going any funerals and child birth places.
- Don't lend your mala to anyone or show it off.
- Avoid wearing it in hot water showers and while using chemical cleansers.
- Don't touch the mala repeatedly or fidget with it.

For a person who is constantly moving, eats and sleeps in various places, Rudraksha is a very good support because it creates a cocoon around you. A cocoon of your own energy(aura), it cleanses your aura. You might have
noticed that when you go to a new place, sometimes you can fall asleep easily, whereas in certain other places you cannot fall asleep even if you are physically exhausted. The reason behind this is, if the vibrations and energy around you are not conducive to your kind of energy, you will not be able to settle down.

Usually the beads are strung together as a mala in a cotton or silk thread. Traditionally, it is believed the number of beads is 108 plus one. The extra bead is the Bindu. You can even wear it when you shower. If you take cold water baths and are not using any chemical detergent, it is especially good for the water to flow over it and upon your body. But if you are using chemical soaps or warm water, it becomes brittle and will crack after sometime, so it is best to avoid wearing it at such times.

Conditioning of Rudrakshas should be done every six months. To condition Rudraksha mala or beads, immerse them in ghee (clarified butter) for 24 hours and then soak them in full-fat milk for an additional 24 hours. Wash it water and wipe the beads with a clean cloth. Do not wash them with detergent or any cleansing substance.

Hope this gives you clear picture of all the myths and facts that revolve around Rudrasha. Thinking of getting one for yourself?
ShashtriJi can help, let us know in the comment section.
Old 26-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Master
Very informative, but of course, I already knew all of that. =)

I wear Rudraksha myself, but I could never get used to sleeping with it on. It would tend to choke me as I turned over in my sleep and leave small bruises on my neck.

I wear the panch mukhi Rudraksha, but would love to obtain the Gauri Shankhar Bija Rudraksha, representing Ardhanarishwara.

One question that I can never get a straight answer to..

Can one use the same Rudraksha mala for wearing and doing mantra japa or do the malas need to be different? Some say yes, some say no.

I have two malas, one that my ex bought in Rishikesh which is 18mm..pretty bulky..it feels like I am wearing an anchor around my neck..

The other I bought at a Tibetan variety store which is only 14mm..much better!

Also, as an addendum, I don't like the dyed Rudraksha malas..it seems to corrupt the whole energy flow of it. I have seen purple ones, red ones, even green ones...I have touched them and the vibe I get is just "off". The same goes for the varnished variety....they gotta be natural for me.

Anyway, be careful about advertising on here..it is not really allowed.

If you want to discuss Hinduism, Shaivism, Rudraksha and such...you are pretty much looking at the person to speak to.

The forum also has a wide variety of categories and knowledgeable members about these for your interest and perusal...so, welcome to these forums.

If you are here to advertise only, I kindly suggest you try elsewhere and I hope you can understand. Namaste.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 26-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Very informative, but of course, I already knew all of that. =)
Me too.

Quote:
I wear Rudraksha myself, but I could never get used to sleeping with it on. It would tend to choke me as I turned over in my sleep and leave small bruises on my neck.
I wear a tulsi kanthi mālā, as well as use a tulsi mālā for japa. I have rudrāksha mālās also, kanthi mālā as well as for japa, though I have only done japa for Shiva a couple of times. I've worn the rudrāksha kanthi mālā along with the tulsi, but the beads of the rudrāksha are very rough. I always feel a burning sensation. I don't think it's anything more than that, because according to one of the puranic stories, Lord Shiva told Maa Parvati that everyone and anyone can and should wear rudrāksha. The same goes for tulsi.

Quote:
One question that I can never get a straight answer to..
Can one use the same Rudraksha mala for wearing and doing mantra japa or do the malas need to be different? Some say yes, some say no.

I hear the same things too. I once saw a man in temple doing japa, then put the mālā on his neck when he was done. I don't remember exactly, but I assume it was rudrāksha because he was sitting in front of the Sri Shiva sanctum. Whatever the proper thing to do, I err on the side of caution and use separate ones. The one for my neck is for my neck, the ones I use for japa are for japa.
Old 26-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Master
Hail and well met AstrologerDubai. Welcome to SF!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 26-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Master
hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Pathfinder
interesting stuff