Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 15-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Guide
How many of you have used affirmations to lose weight?

Have you used affirmations to lose weight?
Did they work?
What affirmations did you use?
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 16-04-2012, 08:27 AM
mrs. res

I just noticed another poster created a thread mentioning they used the phrase "be the best me I can be". sounds nice.

I personally feel that using anything that inspires you could work.

I recently found a song to highly motivate me during my workout and I intend on using it often now that I've found it!

haha.... I remember when I was losing weight a few years ago I would recite "flat tummy, small butt, smooth thighs" over and over when things got tough on the treadmill! it helped!
Old 16-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Master
I just bought a book at Barnes & Noble the other day...it's a Marianne williamson book. I've heard of her, but never read any of her stuff... It's called "A Course in Weight Loss...21 Spiritual lessons for Surrendering your Weight Forever." We'll see how that works lol. It was in the bargain bin for $6.98.

Mrs. res...I used to recite "burning fat and building muscles" when I ran. lol
Old 16-04-2012, 12:17 PM
mrs. res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Mrs. res...I used to recite "burning fat and building muscles" when I ran. lol

haha...the things we say to get into the zone hey?!

I also find visualisation helps. By visualising your body being the way you would like it to be, and furthermore trying to actually feel within yourself that you have actually achieved that goal already can potentially create the desired results by tricking your mind into believing it. You need to be consistent with it though-just as you need to be consistent with any weightloss plan you'd be using in conjuction with it.
Old 16-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Guide
Hey, thank you for your answers.

Sarian, I have that book... it really helped me. I lost five kg thanks to her method. Still hoping to lose more.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 18-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Master
Yep, Mrs. Res...love that zone too.

Did you like the book Kiran? I want to start reading it soon. Seems I never get the chance to read...well, probably would if I'd stay out of here hahaha. I love your avatar btw. It's beautiful.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Rhodes

Good question and one I am involved in myself currently. I have always had a weight issue since I was a kid. I usually get clothing a bit larger than me because my mind is duped when I actually do lose weight that I have lost more than I really have and therefore the esteem goes up, the confidence goes up and so does the incentive to continue. If you get into the habit of buying larger clothing then when you wear them your mind won't think on the fact they're bigger and will focus more on "Hey, I lost weight, look how loose these are!!"
Old 23-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Guide
Hey Sarian. Yeah, I liked that book a lot. It's written in easy language, so I could read it in english without problems (I am from Austria, my mother's tongue is german, but I couldn't get it in german - it's still being traduced). It talks a lot more about the relationship to God and much less about weight loss tips than I thought it would.

Rhodes, good idea, buying clothes a little larger :) my old jeans are getting more loose every day and I love it, but soon I will have to buy a new pair that will be quite tight the first time ;)

(The Book of Fate)
Old 24-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Master
Kiran, I've only started on the first chapter and I got the impression that it had to do more with God than weight loss. lol.

My maternal grandfather was born and raised in Austria. I don't know the wearabouts. I've asked my mom for some history on him. she did have a family tree thing someone gave her with some info on his family, but she can't find it now. I hope she does soon, or lets me look. He married a woman from Ukraine and then they moved to the US. He changed his name here, which I would like to know why. there's some sketchy things about him as well as my dad's father I would like to know more about and understand.

sorry to get off topic on your thread....
Old 26-04-2012, 01:03 AM
ReikiGEM

Im reading the book "Telementation" trying to use it for weight loss. Wish me luck!