Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilite
Can I ask why none of you saw the beauty in his words written yet instead chose to debate over what he thinks and the title .. the title is not relevant really.. not to the beauty of the words written...?

I hadnt heard of him till I saw this.. I know nothing about him .. I could only see the beauty in those words..

geminilite - I read the words and thought it was all beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, it was very thoughtful of you.

Blackraven
Old 20-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Can I ask why none of you saw the beauty in his words written yet instead chose to debate over what he thinks and the title .. the title is not relevant really.. not to the beauty of the words written...?

I hadnt heard of him till I saw this.. I know nothing about him .. I could only see the beauty in those words..

Since you ask. Yes, his words were nice and kind and it was well written. If it had been called 'The servant's prayer' or 'the preacher's prayer' or 'the samaritan's prayer' I would have had no objection because those peoples values are not mine. But a warrior is a person who takes a stand, a protector, and to put those words in the mouth of one is a travesty no matter how gleaming with honey they are.
Old 27-02-2012, 01:15 PM
geminilite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Since you ask. Yes, his words were nice and kind and it was well written. If it had been called 'The servant's prayer' or 'the preacher's prayer' or 'the samaritan's prayer' I would have had no objection because those peoples values are not mine. But a warrior is a person who takes a stand, a protector, and to put those words in the mouth of one is a travesty no matter how gleaming with honey they are.

I understand your point here whitewarrior.... but I think you have limited your view somewhat...

what about those who fight a battle within themselves seeking their own truths.. even if they are outwardly timid.. does this not also make them a warrior?
Yes taking a stance.. a protector are apt descriptions of a warrior... but to take a stance? a stance within or for oneself?.. not just for others also makes you a warrior.. to be a protector of the truth and light makes you a warrior...

would those other titles really have made much difference.. we all all a servant samaritan, a preacher.. a warrior... we all help, we all teach.. we all fight out battles here... no one is an exception.

I believe the title may be in reference to his own path.. some of us have had battle laden paths just to get to this point of peace we are in now.. to look at someone with judgement and say its a travesty to come from them..... I know nothing of the man who wrote this.... and I can honestly say even if I read all his material, I may feel I know him but truth is I still wouldn't know of his own battles.. just as I do not know of yours and nor do you of mine.

we have all faced battles... no ones is greater than the other.. and we are all warriors.. the smallest child who struggles with shyness each day is a great warrior... as is the man who stands publicly to fight for others salvation..

what of the children who are grossly abused yet they draw on their own inner strength to survive and continue to give selflessly and compassionately even in their adult years.... NOW that is a true warriors spirit...
Old 27-02-2012, 01:17 PM
geminilite

Thank you to all those who left comments and enjoyed :)
Old 27-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:
I understand your point here whitewarrior.... but I think you have limited your view somewhat...

what about those who fight a battle within themselves seeking their own truths.. even if they are outwardly timid.. does this not also make them a warrior?
Yes taking a stance.. a protector are apt descriptions of a warrior... but to take a stance? a stance within or for oneself?.. not just for others also makes you a warrior.. to be a protector of the truth and light makes you a warrior...

would those other titles really have made much difference.. we all all a servant samaritan, a preacher.. a warrior... we all help, we all teach.. we all fight out battles here... no one is an exception.

I believe the title may be in reference to his own path.. some of us have had battle laden paths just to get to this point of peace we are in now.. to look at someone with judgement and say its a travesty to come from them..... I know nothing of the man who wrote this.... and I can honestly say even if I read all his material, I may feel I know him but truth is I still wouldn't know of his own battles.. just as I do not know of yours and nor do you of mine.

we have all faced battles... no ones is greater than the other.. and we are all warriors.. the smallest child who struggles with shyness each day is a great warrior... as is the man who stands publicly to fight for others salvation..

what of the children who are grossly abused yet they draw on their own inner strength to survive and continue to give selflessly and compassionately even in their adult years.... NOW that is a true warriors spirit...

I agree! Many face and fight battles alone and with themselves or with surviving the world. They are all warriors. But they do exactly that - they fight. They don't bow away and leave when the conflict is there.

I think I am done here, though. Maybe we will find more to agree over in other poems.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:26 PM
geminilite

Quote:
I agree! Many face and fight battles alone and with themselves or with surviving the world. They are all warriors. But they do exactly that - they fight. They don't bow away and leave when the conflict is there.

I think I am done here, though. Maybe we will find more to agree over in other poems.

lol I am sure we can find many things to agree over :)

jsut pointing out .. that this potential " conflict" of views.. and you have stated you are done here.. in essence walked away.. i guess this is the type of conflict the writer himself may have referred to... :)

Many would have stayed to fight their belief or turned this into some ego debate... I have great respect that you haven't.. Its nice to find a person on here than can see a different opinion for just that and not an attack... :)

Have a great day Whitewarrior x
Old 29-02-2012, 05:02 PM
faith_hope_love

Quote:

Agreed....
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
ShapeShifter

Amazing peom!
Old 21-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
"In conflict, I walk away?" When you are the designated protector of your tribe/village/family/country, that's not what is asked of you!

Remember some of the most mightiest warriors were the ones who could count coup upon an enemy by just touching and not by slaying.
Old 21-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Remember some of the most mightiest warriors were the ones who could count coup upon an enemy by just touching and not by slaying.

Do remind me.