Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 AM
amandria

Menopause help and support, and shareing experiances

Hello, Im Mands, Im 45, and im experiancing menopausal symptoms
Its much worse around my period, were i have days of extreme exhaustion and feeling so weak, i feel sick and dizzy, and spaced out, its just so awful. also i find it hard to relaxe when go to bed for rest during the day,my whole body is in turmoil, even finding it hard to meditate, i start to panic when my body tried to relaxe sometimes, i would like to know if anyone else is going through simila things and would like to talk about it

Ive been really poorly the last few days, and ive been in a right state, its starting to really depress me, ive never suffered from depresion before, but i sure know now what it feels like to feel depressed.

what a horrible thing for anyone to go through, my ehart goes out to anyone who has this, its so horrible, and right now, i feel so despret to speak with others, because i feel very frightend and all alone at the moment xx
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandria
Hello, Im Mands, Im 45, and im experiancing menopausal symptoms
Its much worse around my period, were i have days of extreme exhaustion and feeling so weak, i feel sick and dizzy, and spaced out, its just so awful. also i find it hard to relaxe when go to bed for rest during the day,my whole body is in turmoil, even finding it hard to meditate, i start to panic when my body tried to relaxe sometimes, i would like to know if anyone else is going through simila things and would like to talk about it

Ive been really poorly the last few days, and ive been in a right state, its starting to really depress me, ive never suffered from depresion before, but i sure know now what it feels like to feel depressed.

what a horrible thing for anyone to go through, my ehart goes out to anyone who has this, its so horrible, and right now, i feel so despret to speak with others, because i feel very frightend and all alone at the moment xx

Hi amandria ... a warm welcome to the community :)
I am 52 years of age, and I am in the heart of menopause, and I think it is beautiful ... I don't find it depressing because it is a natural part of being a woman, and it spells freedom in one sense ... I have a fairly high threshold for pain so cramps and hot flushes and the rest don't really throw me. I have had a few bouts of confusion but just laugh it off really. I work full time and so naps through the day for me are yet to be realized ... I love life, I love being a female, including all the changes that means for my body ... I loved pregnancy, I love my femininity, I embrace it all

That is probably not what you were needing to hear but I am just sharing my experience, and hope that my light-heartedness will help a little :)
Old 03-03-2012, 11:36 AM
amandria

Aww how lovely, My aunty is 60 and she cant even remember going through it, she siad her periods just stopped for good one day haha.. but my mam suffered a lot to, i remember my mam been very poorly, and would come home form work crying, im a very happy person and i eat healthy, and got a good outlook in life, im not working at the moment, but enjoy doing my voluntry work twice aweek aand helping with my 3 grandchildren, i love life to, but unfortunetly these awful wves of despair just come over me, and i feel all hot and bothered and irritable, which i cant get my breath for a minute, but as i said, its worse when im on a period, i was told that its the levels of estrogen in a womans body whcih can cause this, its ether very high of low which makes one feel so unbalanced, i need to learn more about this, and i will do anything to get myself feeling better x
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Master
oh I hope you get to feeling better soon amandria ... I am sure things will balance out for you ... it affects everybody differently thats for sure ... and you have 3 grandchildren? ... beautiful! I have 2 children, and although I don't have any biological grandchildren, my son has a partner who has a little girl (from a previous relationship), and try stopping me from spoiling her! haha she is just divine
Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
amandria

Awww im getting goosebumps hahah.. My two eldest sons 25 and 26 are daddies, eldest has a daughter called Evie, shes 0ne, and second son has two children, a son one called Zacky, and a daughter Dolly May, aged 3 weeks old, also hes got a stepson called Connor and I love him to bits to

My 17 year old son has just met a woman aged 20, and she has a 9 month little boy called Leon, hes adorable, but Im worried that we will all get so attached and this woman will go her own way, ive told my son to be careful and be open minded until they have been together for more tahn a week lol... because its early days, but we are all loving this baby hahah xxx hes so young though, hes only 17, but what can we do x
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Master
But you see amandria, a child cant have too many significant others in their life ... even if it is only for a heartbeat :)
Old 03-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Master
For the most part, it was a matter of my period stopping one day, plus over a couple of years or so, I'd get hot flashes and was prepared because my mom had them and you could tell by the look on her face, rofl! I had night sweats too. Very annoying but I've survived them. Losing some weight a couple years ago has helped, too. Best wishes.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 PM
amandria

Thank you xx

Im finally feeling a little better, but im going to look into my diet, and cut out lots of things, and excersize more, I think i will go to my local book store WHS, and look for a lovely littlle self help book, I havnt seen any other threads about Menopause on here, so hopefully many more people might come along and post, because all the more help advise and support the better, someone has just told me that red sage tea is good, so im going to give this a try x
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Master

Hello Mands. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. An excellent website for women's problems can be found at
http://www.drmarilynglenville.com

She has a very good section on the menopause and treating it by natural means, which may be of help to you. Good luck.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com