Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 13-11-2015, 08:09 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I feel like those times when you know the answer to a specific question and it's on the tip of your tongue, but you can't find it anywhere...then hours after that, you'll be doing something that takes your mind off it, when suddenly, that answer just seemingly tends to pop into your brain from your subconscious and leaves you wondering just how/why it decided to happen at that specific time.

I don't really go into a 'trance state' or anything, even though I do meditate regularly.

I'll be doing something, when totally, out of the blue, I feel like a bolt of lightning has just shot through my whole body leaving me quite rigid...then I'll have a thought(s) which I am not consciously thinking about or aware of at the time and it sounds like disembodied voices.

It really shakes me up every time and turns my whole world-view upside down.

May I add some comments here? The first is regarding the use of the word "subconscious". Psychologists use this to generally describe brain activity which is below the threshold of awareness. There are many of these. When used to describe channeling and other psychic activity though it is incorrect. Instead of "sub" use "super". When channeling we are connected to other souls on the mental plane. There is nothing about this experience which even remotely is "sub". Indeed if nothing else it is a much higher level of awareness. If your channeling is real and if it is really to the plane of souls then it is above our waking consciousness. it is super-conscious. Never mind what the psychologists say. Since they regard the human mind as being nothing more than a product of the physical brain they have no idea..... really they don't. In ages to come they will realize their error and begin to accept such things as telepathy as being real instead of a quaint phenomena as they do now. Remember that schools of psychology are extremely conservative. they actively resist new ideas.

Channeling is super consciousness in action.

"A bolt of lightening shooting through your body." This describes the effect, when it is realized, of the sudden shirt from lower mind to higher. That is all. Do not be concerned. It is normal for a beginner. It will pass. it will be replaced by a calm which is unlike anything you have ever experienced.

Last comment. if you are serious and desire to develop higher awareness with pure motives (you will never ask anyone for money) then you will succeed. Ignore those who claim otherwise. They are grossly ignorant of reality. Walk boldly forward because where the path leads is to the future of humanity.

Blessings to you...
Old 13-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
May I add some comments here? The first is regarding the use of the word "subconscious". Psychologists use this to generally describe brain activity which is below the threshold of awareness. There are many of these. When used to describe channeling and other psychic activity though it is incorrect. Instead of "sub" use "super". When channeling we are connected to other souls on the mental plane. There is nothing about this experience which even remotely is "sub". Indeed if nothing else it is a much higher level of awareness. If your channeling is real and if it is really to the plane of souls then it is above our waking consciousness. it is super-conscious. Never mind what the psychologists say. Since they regard the human mind as being nothing more than a product of the physical brain they have no idea..... really they don't. In ages to come they will realize their error and begin to accept such things as telepathy as being real instead of a quaint phenomena as they do now. Remember that schools of psychology are extremely conservative. they actively resist new ideas.

"A bolt of lightening shooting through your body." This describes the effect, when it is realized, of the sudden shirt from lower mind to higher. That is all. Do not be concerned. It is normal for a beginner. It will pass. it will be replaced by a calm which is unlike anything you have ever experienced.

Last comment. if you are serious and desire to develop higher awareness with pure motives (you will never ask anyone for money) then you will succeed. Ignore those who claim otherwise. They are grossly ignorant of reality. Walk boldly forward because where the path leads is to the future of humanity.

Blessings to you...
Blessings to you also.

I guess I have been going through a really rough time with this, because as soon as I mention I have this ability, I am always...always met with 'prove it' which tends to make me err on the side of caution about anything I say about this or any 'claims' I make...so it's easier to just say 'it's a function of my subconscious mind' just to pacify people.

I honestly believe it's coming from somewhere outside my own mind and thought process, but I grow constantly weary of always being placed on the defensive about it.

I will neither charge any money, nor seek to claim any 'reward' for proving this to a skeptic. I guess I'm just tired of being my own 'self-believer', so I just tread very carefully when I tell others, because if I hear Mr. Randi's name being mentioned one more time, I am going to start doing this>>>

People tend to think the spirits are always at my 'beck and call' and I can contact them any time I want...but in my case, it doesn't work that way. They contact me whenever they have something to say. Sometimes they'll answer my specific inquiries, but more often than not, it's on a 'need to know' basis only. Peace.
Old 13-11-2015, 08:31 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Blessings to you also.

I guess I have been going through a really rough time with this, because as soon as I mention I have this ability, I am always...always met with 'prove it' which tends to make me err on the side of caution about anything I say about this or any 'claims' I make...so it's easier to just say 'it's a function of my subconscious mind' just to pacify people.

I honestly believe it's coming from somewhere outside my own mind and thought process, but I grow constantly weary of always being placed on the defensive about it.

I will neither charge any money, nor seek to claim any 'reward' for proving this to a skeptic. I guess I'm just tired of being my own 'self-believer', so I just tread very carefully when I tell others, because if I hear Mr. Randi's name being mentioned one more time, I am going to start doing this>>>

People tend to think the spirits are always at my 'beck and call' and I can contact them any time I want...but in my case, it doesn't work that way. They contact me whenever they have something to say. Sometimes they'll answer my specific inquiries, but more often than not, it's on a 'need to know' basis only. Peace.

I learned the hard way. I am very careful about whom I open up to now. This is spiritualist forum. If we cannot be open here then where???

Beware of phony psychics. The world is filled with these. As soon as they ask for money run as fast as you can in the other direction.
Old 13-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I learned the hard way. I am very careful about whom I open up to now. This is spiritualist forum. If we cannot be open here then where???

Beware of phony psychics. The world is filled with these. As soon as they ask for money run as fast as you can in the other direction.
I'm still learning 'the hard way' ever since (last week) I went to a Paranormal Investigations Forum to discuss a Paranormal Investigation only to get shot down in flames by 8 critics who said 'you cannot 'investigate' a non-existent thing'. I was totally flabbergasted as to what they were doing on such a forum in the first place....the internet is a very weird place...

I won't even go to a psychic myself, because I don't need to. Why pay for an 'interpreter service' when you have a direct line?

Besides that, it's those 'phony psychics' who taint the well and lead to less credibility for the existence of any psychic/paranormal phenomena overall.

I'm sure this is getting way off topic now, but it's nice to make the acquaintance of another channeler. It has been like a much sorely needed 'breath of fresh air' for me.

Take care and blessings.
Old 16-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Blessings to you...
Dont want to disagree with that exactly but i would like to point out that channelling can come through the subconscious just as easily as it comes from the super conscious. I can connect directly but at times when I wasn't willing to actively listen they just communicate with my subconscious instead and my answers rise as if they were my own thoughts but just a little too perfect. By which i mean it will feel like I've already considered options and alternatives and decided on the best course even though it's the first thought of something. When it's my own first thought it feels like an idea that can be edited. If it originates outside myself it feels like the editing has already been done.

If I connect directly using the super conscious then it's like a conversation. I can reach out to specific entities if i am familiar with them. Its like I create a space for them not quite within me but probabaly in my aura and then they can talk to me. I don't automatically see them but I can ask them to show me what they look like and I will get an image. If I haven't initiated the connection it's harder for them to get my attention. One recently just joined in when I was talking to myself. Another time a sudden sharp pain in my temple alerted me to a presence but the pain vanished when i started talking to him.
Old 19-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Master
Last night, I just totally surrendered to it and stopped fighting against it and stopped holding anything back.

I don't remember half the stuff I typed on here last night and I woke up this morning with the 1812 Overture playing in my head, complete with cannons...bombs and all 'hurty things'.

*note to self - don't lend my mind out to all and sundry...ouch!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Experiencer
"Spiritual Teacher"

This forum question regarding channeling is a good question. And that the nature of channeling is such that it is much the same as being a messenger, and the messenger can carry a truthful message or can carry a false message. Therefore, one must be aware and not just assume that because someone says “I am a channeler!” that their message is sanctioned by the Divine Creator or is to be accepted without question.

Now, what is important here to understand is that all channeling should be questioned. It is not to say that channelers desire to give false information, but that on occasion some interpreters can move into a state of unclarity or become physically imbalanced by energy loss that can affect the messages interpreted.

Now, it is a fact that an interpreter / channeler of the Divine Creator, one who literally channels or speaks for the Divine, cannot accurately give readings when he/she is emotionally attached to the answer, and therefore, the interpreter of the Divine Spirit seeks to lay aside emotion, mind and feeling, this being different from the more common medium or trance channelers who focus on channeling dis-incarnated beings, alien beings, astral shells ( Ghosts ) shadow beings or group collectives.

And therefore, by laying aside mind, emotion, and feeling, he/she eliminates most of the causes for error in the channeling. Wherein, it is seen that not all spirits or beings are duty bound or bound by any Cosmic Respect or respect for Cosmic Law.

Now, one can, upon perception of a dis-incarnated spirit, ask it to reveal itself for what it is, and it will be forced to do so. If this is a being that is being presented in your consciousness for your perception, but if it is coming through another, you may not get an honest answer. If that medium or channeler were to ask that question, he or she would be given a clear and honest answer from spirit speaking through him or her.

But, if one wishes to channel the Divine Force, then it requires that you put forth a kind of devotion to the Divine Light and seek always to be close to that when channeling. If you simply want to channel a spirit in order to get attention from people, that becomes an easy method. All you have to do is start babbling and letting go of your own Will and control of your body, and let anything come through you.

This of course, becomes quite dangerous. For it is suggested that dis-incarnated spirits are no more trustworthy than are people in the physical body and in many cases they are much less trustworthy and are more dangerous because you cannot see them to recognize what they are up to. What I would suggest is that you must first ask yourself: “What kind of channel do I want to be”?

If individuals do wish to channel invisible beings for some reason, then it is suggested that you give yourself to the Highest and Best that you can possibly perceive and do so only under certain circumstances so that nothing else comes through.

Now, in regards to my own personal experience when channeling. What is experienced is that when the questions are given,experienced is that a type of infinite ocean of consciousness appears to wrap itself around the question and devours that question, and energy comes forth, giving information, and that there is no personality or ego present. That there is no being or individual present in that experience. There is just the consciousness that is alive, and it is open and waiting for a question which it can devour. When it digests the question, information must be expelled, and given back.

Now, when I begin to lose energy after a few hours, then I begin to loose my connection or psychological bridge with Creator, and this loss of energy allows my self, my ego to become involved and it begins to take away from the connection or oneness of the energies of the Creator and me working in tandem together in the devouring of questions, and therefore, there is a time limit for the readings to be effective, which for me personally, has an average of 2-3 hours.

Therefore, what is known is that as long as the energies are strong, as long as energy is continued to be given, an Interpreter / channeler for the Divine Creator can maintain a relatively strong union with Creator for some time, and the questions can be asked, and the Interpreter / channeler and Creator can work together as one in devouring questions and turning them into information.

This is what is experienced.

In Respect & Harmony The Taoist
Old 12-12-2015, 09:19 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Dont want to disagree with that exactly but i would like to point out that channelling can come through the subconscious just as easily as it comes from the super conscious. I can connect directly but at times when I wasn't willing to actively listen they just communicate with my subconscious instead and my answers rise as if they were my own thoughts but just a little too perfect. By which i mean it will feel like I've already considered options and alternatives and decided on the best course even though it's the first thought of something. When it's my own first thought it feels like an idea that can be edited. If it originates outside myself it feels like the editing has already been done.

If I connect directly using the super conscious then it's like a conversation. I can reach out to specific entities if i am familiar with them. Its like I create a space for them not quite within me but probabaly in my aura and then they can talk to me. I don't automatically see them but I can ask them to show me what they look like and I will get an image. If I haven't initiated the connection it's harder for them to get my attention. One recently just joined in when I was talking to myself. Another time a sudden sharp pain in my temple alerted me to a presence but the pain vanished when i started talking to him.

My experience has resulted in me having a firm opinion regarding consciousness and the words that we use to describe the varying levels of it. Psychologists tend to speak in terms which use our ordinary waking consciousness as a baseline of comparison. Then they use the term "sub conscious" when they want to invoke that which we are not normally aware. I do not agree with this. I speak as though our waking consciousness is the normal, true but when I use the term "sub conscious" I mean a condition in which there is no awareness whatsoever. "Sub" usually means "below". If we are below our normal waking consciousness what consciousness could we possibly have? Not much. Insects are in the subconscious condition all the time. The awareness of an insect is one of detection and reaction to environment. Nothing more. They are completely mindless. So I disagree wholeheartedly with psychologists and say that they have not really thought the idea of consciousness out too well.

When a sensitive is channeling he or she might be connected with the astral or mental planes or even higher. All of these planes of existence are clearly and inarguably above the normal waking consciousness of a human being. There is nothing "sub": about them. To be consciously aware on a higher plane of existence requires the practitioner to be capable of a level of consciousness which above the normal, not below. I therefore use the term "super" as a prefix to the word "consciousness" not "sub". Of course the question of how far above remains valid.

I am long retired now but I studied psychology in university. I became convinced that since nothing regarding the subtle planes of existence is known about much less taught in these schools; that they speak of consciousness in terms of the physical brain only and know nothing about anything else, it is easy for them to misinterpret phenomena. This lack of knowledge is what results in them using the term "sub"consciousness. They cannot imagine a higher level so when confronted with things such as genuine psychic events and genuine channeling etc they assign it all to something which is the great unknown to them. Since they cannot imagine "super" this is "sub" to them. Some day psychology will catch up to reality though. When our alien friends make themselves known to everyone on Earth for instance our universities will be forced to update their thinking. The reason is because many of these visitors are no more than very advanced human types, those who are a million or so years more evolved than we Earthlings. They have diminutive mouths and ears because they grown and changed to the point where they normally use telepathy for communications. They commonly control their star ships and other vessels directly with their minds too. We do not.... yet.

I do not intend this to begin an argument. It is just when I hear the term "subconscious" I always think of how very little we humans know. Any greater level of consciousness must certainly be categorized as being above the normal, not below.

Normally my posts are directly channeled from my guide, Bartholomew. This one is not. My real name is james. This post is from me, not Bartholomew
Old 12-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Administrator
When I channel spirit I don't just hear them I see them,but its going to feel different for different people,i see them standing in front of me and then I hear their voices.not everyone does this so there is no right or wrong way to channel spirit.

Namaste
Old 12-12-2015, 10:11 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
When I channel spirit I don't just hear them I see them,but its going to feel different for different people,i see them standing in front of me and then I hear their voices.not everyone does this so there is no right or wrong way to channel spirit.

Namaste

Good. I have channeled and seen myself as I was in a previous lifetime as a native American plains aboriginal. It was good. I felt it. I saw myself and my brother of that long gone time. I knew intimately of the things that we were concerned with. But my vision was only a personal memory. I believe what you say.

James/Bartholomew