Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Experiencer
The Tower and Death Card... Advice??

So I was doing a general reading for myself, asking what's coming for me. I kind of got the same cards I have been getting lately, not really important at the moment, but I like to draw an extra card at the end to give me kind of a heads up for the near future, well, this card was The Tower. I didn't give it too much thought, usually The Tower means "a lot on my plate" or "too much to handle" or "an overwhelming phase" with a big change to me.

My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are coming to visit in a couple of weeks so I did a new reading asking how that visit is gonna go. I got the Ace of wands (that I took as a positive thing), the Two of Cups (which made me think of them as a couple having fun and a good time), and then The Tower again, I drew my extra card and I got the Death card, so I freaked. Is the Tower card related to my sister-in-law and her boyfriend? How would you interpret those card related to my question?

I know that the Death card doesn't have to mean real death but both cards, the Tower and Death together is a little scary, they are negative cards, imminent changes and not pleasant...

What do you think? Any advice? TIA!

*P.S. Right after I wrote this post I drew another card and it was the Three of Swords.... WTH??!! this doesn't look good...
Old 20-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Master

In my experience the Tower has always meant a sudden, sometimes unexpected event that might knock you on your butt, but when the air clears things look much better. It can mean something was built on an unstable foundation and because of this things can fall apart.

So maybe there's something you need to clear away with your sister-in-law. Or maybe she'll bring unexpected news.

And really the Death card is not always an ill omen. It usually refers to something coming to an end which makes way for a new beginning.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Ascender

Hello!

I'm not sure that the Tower is necessarily linked to your sister-in-law since you say it's been stalking you for a while now. I think it just really wants you to start preparing yourself mentally for this upcoming change, whether that means just accepting that whatever happens, you will be ready to take on the challenge and accept the change it brings. It's more of a warning to stop ignoring it and really reflect on what the card is saying to you. I disagree with Jenny where they mention the tower suggests something was built on an unstable foundation. From what I understand, and my personal feelings about the card, the foundation of the tower is always stable, it's rock solid. No matter how many times the actual tower comes down and needs to be rebuilt, the core foundation of self is always kept intact, it's just the ideas and way of being that needs to be altered and by being torn down it's actually improved.

I do agree with Jenny about the Death card though! Like they said, it's not always an ill omen, see it as the death of one way of being or outlook which 'births' something new. It's all about change.

I hope that's helpful!
A
Old 21-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Experiencer
Thank you! I agree about the need to be ready for what's coming. I really can't think of anything that could go wrong while they are here since we will be traveling and vacationing. I just hope nothing bad happens, meaning illness, accidents...
Old 21-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Master

Lengar,

Amitc is right - the Tower may not necessarily relate to your sister-in-law.

But be on the lookout for any swift changes coming up.

Enjoy your vacation

Jenny Crow
Old 21-04-2016, 03:30 AM
Administrator
I know that the Death card doesn't have to mean real death but both cards, the Tower and Death together is a little scary, they are negative cards, imminent changes and not pleasant...

I do not see them as negative. More I see Death as transformation an opportunity to heal old wounds in your situation or to move forwards from what negative energy is there. This is a death at times of letting things go and letting new energies flow in.

The Tower again is not a bad card to always see come forth as the town crumbles but the foundation is still to be re built upon. If one looks to both that are falling from it one will note that one is looking to see where he will land. so there for that one is a clear view to the future. While falling from a tower most likely would they face life full on.

This is an opportunity to make some changes and stand your ground and set some much needed ground rules and maybe boundaries. That line in the sand so to speak where one is not to cross it.

Lynn
Old 21-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Experiencer
Thanks again Jenny, I will be very alert.
Lynn, what you said makes so much sense. The rules and boundaries, also to stand my ground. I'm not gonna get into it right now but those things you said relate a lot. Thank you.
I usually don't see the Tower and the Death card as too bad but seeing the 2 of them together freaked me out a little bit.
Old 28-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Pathfinder
Like Lynn, I don't see the Tower or the Death card as negative omens. In most of my readings, I interpret these cards as major shifts in the person's world view and/or spirituality and it's typically validated by the surrounding cards. Now, an event can certainly trigger this shift but the event itself does not have to be a negative one. The devastation and death comes in when you realize what you thought was true and real to you is actually not. The impact on you is profound. It can be as simple as someone suggesting a book they just read to you and you decide to read it and the message in it hits you like a hammer and completely changes the way you look at things now. The illusion around you crumbles and a new you emerges from the rubble.